Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Xbox 360 getting Guitar Hero?

  1. #1
    Insert Coin (Level 0) Drunk Billionaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fishkill, New York
    Posts
    91
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Xbox 360 getting Guitar Hero?


  2. #2
    Pretzel (Level 4) Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    937
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Ooh, interesting...

  3. #3
    Insert Coin (Level 0) ZiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    98
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    This would be awesome...

    Downloadable tracks would be great....as long as they are not 400 points a track

  4. #4
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    322
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    i hate how some systems have certain games that you can't get anywhere else. I'd love to play guitar hero, but I wish not to just purchase a system for that single game. It's a buzzkill. I will never own a 360 or ps3. too rich for my blood.

  5. #5
    Bell (Level 8) GrayFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    1,634
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiLL
    This would be awesome...

    Downloadable tracks would be great....as long as they are not 400 points a track
    400 points? This is Xbox Live we're talking about here, don't be ridiculous.



    They'll atleast be like 1200 points a track.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

  6. #6
    Kirby (Level 13) norkusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    5,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pico956
    i hate how some systems have certain games that you can't get anywhere else. I'd love to play guitar hero, but I wish not to just purchase a system for that single game. It's a buzzkill. I will never own a 360 or ps3. too rich for my blood.
    That's the whole point of system-exclusive games...to sell systems. And if you don't want to buy a 360 or PS3, you can still play Guitar Hero on the PS2.

  7. #7
    Insert Coin (Level 0) ZiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    98
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiLL
    This would be awesome...

    Downloadable tracks would be great....as long as they are not 400 points a track
    400 points? This is Xbox Live we're talking about here, don't be ridiculous.



    They'll atleast be like 1200 points a track.




    The sad thing? People would pay it without a second thought.

  8. #8
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,091
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiLL
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiLL
    This would be awesome...

    Downloadable tracks would be great....as long as they are not 400 points a track
    400 points? This is Xbox Live we're talking about here, don't be ridiculous.



    They'll atleast be like 1200 points a track.




    The sad thing? People would pay it without a second thought.
    You say that like it's a bad thing. Come on it's fucking Guitar Hero, it's crack.

  9. #9
    Key (Level 9) THATinkjar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Guitar Hero. On the 360. Possibly wireless. Looking and sounding as good as it possibly can. Sign me up, sit me down and strap me in! Throw in a little Live (downloadable content, multiplayer, ranking) and you have a dream package!

    I really hope this is more than just a rumour!

  10. #10
    Bell (Level 8) GrayFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    Posts
    1,634
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiLL
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiLL
    This would be awesome...

    Downloadable tracks would be great....as long as they are not 400 points a track
    400 points? This is Xbox Live we're talking about here, don't be ridiculous.



    They'll atleast be like 1200 points a track.




    The sad thing? People would pay it without a second thought.
    You say that like it's a bad thing. Come on it's fucking Guitar Hero, it's crack.
    I just hope more publishers or Red Octane aren't going to take advantage of us, like they did with the GRAW map pack.

    And I'd be more gung-ho on Guitar Hero, but I picked it up the day it came out.

    Played the shit outta it.

    THEN it became super popular and everyone wanted to play it. I was totally washed out by that point, but hopefully GH2 can bring me back.

    Crazy indeed.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

  11. #11
    Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    4,739
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    While I do not believe this will happen at all, if it somehow did, I would buy the 360 version hands down just for internet co-op play. Man, that would keep me coming back FOREVER. Not that I won't already, I'm excited as hell from the online videos of watched.

  12. #12
    Apple (Level 5) mezrabad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,159
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    Guitar Hero. On the 360. Possibly wireless. Looking and sounding as good as it possibly can.
    You grabbed me at "wireless" as it wasn't even something that crossed my mind. If there were a wireless Guitar Hero controller for the 360 then that's a party I would get to.

    Truly though, if Oblivion couldn't make me drag my wallet to the store to get a 360 then Oblivion and a wireless Guitar Hero game might.
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

  13. #13
    Kirby (Level 13) norkusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    5,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    What would be even better if they included some kind of effects pedal accessory to use for the Star Power. I never liked tilting the guitar upwards to activate it.

    I saw on the official GH forums a while ago that someone actually made one using the RedOctane light gun reload pedal.

  14. #14
    Peach (Level 3)
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    736
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    What would be even better if they included some kind of effects pedal accessory to use for the Star Power. I never liked tilting the guitar upwards to activate it.

    I saw on the official GH forums a while ago that someone actually made one using the RedOctane light gun reload pedal.
    That would rule. Then after that they need to make Double Necked Guitar Hero.

  15. #15
    Peach (Level 3) Johnny_Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    689
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    You say that like it's a bad thing. Come on it's fucking Guitar Hero, it's crack.

    I have proof of that...


    -saunters off-

  16. #16
    Apple (Level 5) DTJAAAAMJSLM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,163
    Xbox LIVE
    DTJAAAAM
    PSN
    DTJAAAAM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I'd get it. Achievements, online play, and downloadable songs are an unbeatable combination.

  17. #17
    Key (Level 9) THATinkjar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    I never liked tilting the guitar upwards to activate it.
    Really? I quite liked doing it, myself. Though, I would always tilt it at the most inappropriate moment.

    It became something of a challenge to continue to play through a difficult section of a song, and not be thrown by the fact that I've just spun the guitar 90 degrees without giving it a second's thought.

  18. #18
    Kirby (Level 13) norkusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    5,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Well I'm 6'8", so even when the guitar strap is adjusted all the way, the guitar still sits above my waist a bit. If I tilt the guitar to activate Star Power, pretty much have to bend my whole upper body backwards in order to get the guitar up at a 90 degree angle and that totally screws me up in the song. I find it easier just to hit the start button to activate it instead.

    Watching my 'short' friends play GH, they have no problem doing the guitar tilt though.

Similar Threads

  1. Free Guitar Hero: Van Halen W/ Guitar Hero Pre-Order!!
    By dylan0228 in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 12:49 PM
  2. Guitar Hero II Bundle (Game+Guitar) - Xbox 360 $19.67 shipped
    By Daft Punk in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 06:54 PM
  3. Guitar Hero 3 XBOX 360 Guitar Bundle
    By Porksta in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:29 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 11:04 AM
  5. FA: Guitar Hero II XBOX 360 w/Guitar + Stickers MINT!!!
    By Nick in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 02:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •