Thread: PCE emulator (and how to use SCDROM games) for PSP?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PCE emulator (and how to use SCDROM games) for PSP?

Well pals I have to admit it, I am a total newby when it comes to emulation.

Please note that I am NOT asking for anything unusual (not ROMs not anything).

I have my PSP 1.5, my PCE SuperCDROM2 games but my PCE Duo R went dead recently- just to go with my seamingly dead wallet. So no PCE Duo for me for the next couple of months... and then it came, the urge to play Macross 2036, Dracula X, Steam Hearts, all of my PCE games I already have (I will have to learn to live without my PCE HUcard games because my Turbo Express cannot read japanese games but who cares anyway HAHAHA).

So yes, I AM A NEWBY.
    YES, when it comes to emulation I AM A LITTLE STUPID.

I searched in the net for a while, but I am an old dog and cannot understand much of the chat... so please, let's avoid the insults (I take them for granted if you wish ) and please help this poor old guy.

My questions are:

1) What PCE emulator would fit my needs at best? I found a couple but everyone has japanese Readme and you know, my japanese is not at its best...
    2) What kind of file type do I need in order to be used? I think I heard it is ISO but it seems (at least for me) that only CDRWin can detect correctly PCE SCDROM games and when it does, it outputs .bin and .cue files that I cannot use, and some utilities than convert it to .iso creates me many files... And I haven't found one decent Tutorial or so in the net (nor do I have the time anyway :P )

YES, I searched for another topic like that but got bored after page 2 and nothing suited my needs, (it seems either everybody around is an emulation genius or I am the only Neanderthal around ) so can anyone help me here, step by step, because I am completly in the dark...

I hope this topic belongs here but in any event of being a banned topic or not belonging to this forums, please feel free to close/move.

Thanks for your help!
    ...No more, it's over, I'm on to you and your evil games...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kind of outdated.. but the info still works:

http://grblitz.overclocked.org/cconstal.htm

When he mentions the TOC files at the "SNK/NEC TOC Database".. his link is no good. However you can STILL find them at http://necstasy.emunova.net/uk For example to find the Dracula X TOC, it's under the "SCD JPN" link and voila