Thread: Saturn Parodius questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Saturn Parodius questions

I'm new to both the Saturn and imports, and picked up and love the Parodius deluxe double pack thing (Parodius Da, I think it's called). When I bought it, I was under the impression that Sexy Parodius was one of the two games on it, but it isn't, is it? So, how does Sexy Parodius compare? And what's with the one or two other Saturn games with Parodius in the title? Should I pick those up?
    Feedback thread here

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Saturn Parodius questions

Quote Originally Posted by sirhansirhan
    I'm new to both the Saturn and imports, and picked up and love the Parodius deluxe double pack thing (Parodius Da, I think it's called).
    Cool, dude. I'm glad to hear that you're getting into Saturn importing and one of my favorite SHMUPS series.

I was under the impression that Sexy Parodius was one of the two games on it, but it isn't, is it?
    Na, the other game on the Deluxe Pack is Gokujou Parodius.

So, how does Sexy Parodius compare? And what's with the one or two other Saturn games with Parodius in the title? Should I pick those up?

Sexy Parodius is (obviously) weird. Not because it's a crazy and random game (it is), but because you get assignments at the beginning of each level, in which, depending if you meet them or not, get something like a pic of random anime fanservice or something completely stupid like an octopuses getting flushed down the toilet.

As for the other games in the series - yeah, you should definitely keep an eye out for them. I'd personally grab Chatting Parodius over Sexy Parodius myself. But hey, they're all pretty good.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another thumbs up for Parodius! The Saturn Parodius deluxe pack is really nice, usually pretty cheap, too. I like cute 'em ups, and you gotta love Parodius for the pure random style of the humor. Plus, some of the best powerups known to man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    E Nice Geo

Personally I found Chatting Parodius kinda dull comapred to Gokujou Parodius and Sexy Parodius. It's more a spoof on Konami's other games with Parodius characters going through each world. I didn't like the music as much, but that may be due to remixing other game music into it than remixing classic music and the like as the other Parodius games do. But first stage is ok and I liked the remxed bumblebee song at the end of the cat train boss fight.

Sexy Parodius feels more like a lite, but still fun, version of Gokujou Parodius with each level, due to the goal requirements, feeling more like episodes to play through. But paths don't matter as the last level is the same for it all. Though I think there is a hidden level which may actually require a certain path to take or successful level goal completions on some of the levels you have to go through. And the funny remixed music is great. Some of the music starts out with a theme from other Konami games but then blends into something else.
    Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS