Thread: Animal Crossing Wild World DS Downloads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Animal Crossing Wild World DS Downloads

I looked and it appears no one has posted about this yet. Unless I didn't look far enough down the list.

As far as I know this is a Toys R Us exclusive because my store has it but my boyfriend who works at GameStop doesn't have it, and he says it's a TRU exclusive:

If you bring your Animal Crossing: Wild World to a TRU DS Download station you can get free items in the game. These items are all classic Super Mario Bros items like a ? Block, Starman, flagpole, fire bar, green pipe and 1-Up Mushroom

Anyway, you need to fire up your game, buy a note in a bottle, write a note, send it out and go into Tag Mode. Then when you restart your game, a note in a bottle from Katrina will wash up on shore with a random item attached as a present.

Since last week, we've had people practically camp out in the RZone of my store in Peabody just doing this over and over again trying to get all the items. I unfortunately don't know the exact amount. I'm pretty sure it's just the aforementioned items, but there could be more. All I know is that I snuck my DS under my register and was doing it between customers and cleaning because I had nothing else to do and I started getting doubles and triples.

According to Nintendo.com's news which was posted last week http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?...wbPZZcZY&page=
    the download was only available last week, but I had customers using it this past Sunday and I was using it Monday. So you might not have missed it already. Just give it a try at your local TRU. It's probably good until the Nintendo rep replaces the DS card with another DS Download Station card.

I would've posted this last week if I was able to get on my computer. So, I'll apologize in advance if it's no longer relevant by the time you guys read it
    ~Gaz~

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination and turn children into better human beings!" ~ Professor Membrane on Invader ZIM"

Animal Crossing Info:
    Town: Odnetnin
    Name: Gaz
    Code: 0730-7620-4738
    Fruits: Pears, Peaches
    Gates Open: Random

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did this last saturday at our local TRU. It took me a few tries because there was absolutely nothing in the store promoting the event. Once I figured out how to actually download I got a flagpole. I tried a few more times to get the other items but it wouldn't find anything in tag mode after my one item.

Does anyone have the green pipe item? I need that green pipe!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was able to get all six items. :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My TRU apparently didn't have any station. I was disappointed. No items for me.

You get one item for every sent out message in a bottle. I sent out two and got nothing.

I WANT A FLAGPOLE! I've never been able to get anyone to visit my town nor have I ever been able to find anyone with an open town. I hate Nintendo's damn Friends Codes thing. Stupidest idea ever.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll trade a flagpole. PM me or something and maybe we can trade some.

Friend Codes = teh suck.