Thread: Oh, and by the way,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Oh, and by the way,

I just wanted to let the cock sucker employees of Funcoland in Connecticut know that despite their best efforts I still managed to salvage some of the 3 crates of videogame accessories and carts that they tried to field destroy earlier in the week.

What a bunch of losers. If they don’t want them then donate them to the Salvation Army or Goodwill. You can get a tax credit for donations too you know.

Note to everyone with a local Funcoland. Make sure to encorporate checking out what's being thrown out around back into your normal visits. You'd be surprised what these losers try to throw away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh man dont try to SAVE em!!!
    theyre making my collection more VALUABLE!!!!!
    =P

willie

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Regular field trips to the mall dumpsters are good too. (Helps even better if you work at the mall).
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

So you're saying I'd be a 'cocksucker' or a 'loser' too right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate to get personal here, but if you’d rather crush or throw away a videogame (or anything else for that matter) then see someone else enjoy it if you can't profit off of it then yes, I’d have to say that you’re a cock sucker.

I mean geez, collectors aside; there are millions of less fortunate kids out there who’d absolutely love to play a videogame, ANY videogame but can’t because their families can’t afford them. Would it really hurt your bottom line so much that you’d rather destroy these games than donate them to a worthy cause?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

man with my luck i'd be mistaken for a terrorist again when i went creeping around the back of the strip mall to get to the funco dumpster. they use those big back of a truck hauler dumpsters here with the crusher so i guess all those genesis game boxes are beyond saving. whatever happened to those approachable dumpsters of yore? what i think is funny about funco is how they were all foaming at the mouth about madden 2003 for $50 while madden 93-97 were being sold for .99 right in front of them.
    ________
    Teen old man
    Last edited by christianscott27; 03-23-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Ok, well have you ever considered that some of the 'cocksuckers' at store level are just following orders, so as not to loose their job? If you think that a broken Playstation, or a frisbee like gameshark is gonna do some less fortunate kid any good, then please, direct your comments at the Corporate office. Ask them to start a donation policy instead of smashing up things. If you want to go digging through trash cans for games, I don't give a fuck, I'd do it too. But quite frankly, some people don't know about the field destroy policy, and mostly they are defects anyhow (cept for that box of Genesis sports titles). Don't be so hot to think that every funco follows EVERY policy. Hell, we see something we like in the trash or field destroy piles here, you know it's as good as in our homes. So maybe you just took Funco Employee "Joe's" stuff that he was gonna dig out of the trash after his shift.

Believe me, if the "less fortunate" kids have money to spend on videogames, don't you think they'd want food, shelter, water, and clothes before some fruitless video entertainment. Considering that these "less fortunate" kids must have TVs first. And plenty of these "less fortunate" kids come in everyweek to buy games and I help them count there pennies.

So these games you found in the trash, you're taking them to goodwill tomorrow right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, well have you ever considered that some of the 'cocksuckers' at store level are just following orders, so as not to loose their job?
    Again, I didn't mean it to be a personal attack. You must understand though that even though your "just following orders" doesn't make it right or easier to see happen.

If you think that a broken Playstation, or a frisbee like gameshark is gonna do some less fortunate kid any good, then please, direct your comments at the Corporate office.
    I've played a lot of these frisbees on my home consoles. It's not the already broken ones that I'm pissed about, its the 4 original Gameboy Systems that someone stuck a screwdriver through and the full crate of random console controllers with all of the wires cut off with "Field Destroy" stickers on them. I'm not complaining about them throwing away broken games its the perfecally good ones that they break on their own that pisses me off.l

Believe me, if the "less fortunate" kids have money to spend on videogames, don't you think they'd want food, shelter, water, and clothes before some fruitless video entertainment
    Well, I'm not suggesting that you box up all the games and send them to Africa, I'm suggesting that maybe kids in inner cities (the ones who ARE eating) who's parents are just getting by might enjoy them.

So these games you found in the trash, you're taking them to goodwill tomorrow right?
    Maybe, maybe not. Actually I probably WILL donate some of the Sega sports games that I'm not interested in. But the point wasn't that they HAD to go to poor people, the point was what a shame and waste it is to destroy something that many other people would like to have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Ok, we'll just agree to disagree. 8)

No hard feelings then? I was just extremely offended at the way the first line of your post came off.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The reason that there was a screwdriver sent through those gameboys, and the wires were cut on those controllers, is so a garbage picker couldn't take broken Gamestop merchandise and sell it as working. What exactly would you do with broken stuff if you were in their position? To keep people from selling broken video games, they destroy it. They're kind of doing you a service actually, would you want to buy or trade for "working" games only to find out they don't because some dude found them in a dumpster?

I don't mean this as a personal attack on you or anything, but it's a damn good thing Gamestop/EB/Funcoland/whatever do field destroys. In the case of those Genesis sports games, you can rest assured that most of those probably went home with employees. Most decent stuff that is supposed to get destroyed like video game mags that don't sell probably get taken home as well. The vast majority of stuff that gets destroyed is trash anyway, I don't know what you'd rather them do with the tons upon tons of Steering Wheels and Gameshark discs.

And at least at the Gamestop I worked at, the manager did do the whole charity thing. I witnessed him give a lady from a school a bunch of black & white Gameboy's and N64's. I don't know if thats company policy or not, but overstocked stuff that isn't selling probably ends up at Goodwills and charities pretty often.

And I'll agree with Achika, calling an employee who wants to keep their job a "cocksucker" is pretty low. I'd accept calling some people at corporate headquarters "cocksuckers", but the average Game Advisor is just doing what they're told.

-Hitman-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The reason that there was a screwdriver sent through those gameboys, and the wires were cut on those controllers, is so a garbage picker couldn't take broken Gamestop merchandise and sell it as working. What exactly would you do with broken stuff if you were in their position?
    I repeat, while some of the items I find are sometimes broken, many of them work perfectally fine. One of the Gameboys I found today for instance, other than having a screwdriver shaped mark on the front of the plastic, plays fine. Many of the uncut controls I've found in the past worked fine too. Sure, there have been plenty of legitimately damaged items, and these SHOULD be thrown away but what's the purpose of purposably breaking perfecally good games?

I don't know what you'd rather them do with the tons upon tons of Steering Wheels and Gameshark discs.
    I don't know maybe something drastic like giving the working ones away to someone who wants them with a purchase or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

some of the food in the dumpster at the mall is still good to....................what are you lookin at?

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well at least the Gamestop I worked at, if a customer returned something, it was thrown in a defective box, and brought to the back at the end of the day. After there was a certain amount of defective stuff, we did the field destroys. In general though, we had to take the customers word on if it was broken. Sometimes it's obvious, because a disk is gashed up, but most of the time we just had to agree with the customer.

Gamestop can't test everything. They probably couldn't test that Gameboy because they didn't have 4 double a's or a used a/c lying around. They probably couldn't test those controllers because they didn't have a running unit in the store. And even if they did have the a/c, or they did have the system running, it's impossible to test all that stuff. Imagine the waits in line if they did test all the returns. The lines are bad enough as it is most of the time.

Granted it's hard to watch what they do. I had to do a field destroy on some NES games like Hatris and WWF King of the Ring. Not only is it hard to destroy rarer games like that, but Bret "The Hitman" Hart is on the cover of King of the Ring, I smashed the pic from my freakin avatar for God's sake. But actually, it's probably all for the best though, because I don't want to get stuck with a broken King of the Ring in the future. Think of it that way, if they don't break the shit, it may end up in your lap one day from a bad trader. And even if it didn't end up in your lap, it's generally not good for the hobby if there are dishonest bastards out there who got defective stuff for free.

-Hitman-

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is what I've heard on my side of Gamestop; once we get enough defective things in, we mail it in to warehouse, they repair the stuff, and send it back in. I have yet to see us literally throw away games.
    "[13:59:31] <JDllama> it's not that often that women want a guy who can meow on cue"

http://www.twingalaxies.com/
    http://www.snipercade.com/twingal/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default something to keep in mind

sometimes I would imagine people term a game "broken" just becuase of the fact that they didn't clean it properly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Until 2 weeks ago, the Funco where I worked had the rebuffer, so we didn't throw out games that were too scratched, we rebuffed them to like new and sold them. Now we send them back to HQ

TRM that's true. Many a gameboys have been salvaged from the defect pile by me with a little cleaning. Sometimes though, there are NES games that aren't worth saving (the ones with uber corrosotion because some kid accidently spit in it instead of blowing)

jdllama: the old PSX, old carts, & gamesharks I know are field destroy.