Thread: Super Punch-Out! help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Super Punch-Out! help

Ok first of all, I mastered this SNES game (to my own satisfaction where I could beat everyone within seconds), but that was years ago when the cart first came out.

So anyway... it's been years since I played it right? So now I started playing and learning it again, but this time playing it on the PSP via emulation... my question is, how the heck do I unlcock the Special Circuit? I seem to remember it being so easy!

I got 4-0 on all of the first three circuits, but the Special Circuit doesnt seem to be getting unlocked! I've gone through the first 3 circuits three or four times already and my record is a good 4-0 in everything! What the heck am I missing to get to the Special Circuit?!? x_x Have I gone crazy? :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Emulation, you say?

I distinctly recall reading in Nintendo Power that a Game Genie could interfere with the ability of the Special Circuit to become available, suggesting that it may be sensitive to small variations in the console's RAM (or something) while the game is running.

It doesn't seem like too far of a strech to suggest that a slightly imperfect PSP SNES emulator might cause problems similar to those of a Game Genie. (Or does it?)

I would suggest looking for a newer or different SNES emulator and giving it another go, or perhaps even bringing it to the attention of the emulator's authors. It's not just a straight port of SNES9x or ZSNES that you're using, is it?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try downloading a different rom and running the same save file. That must be an older version of the rom or something.
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

i beleive you need to save and reload the game before it shows up, it could very well be improper save file handling.