Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

My Favorite game for the Genesis has always been..

Caliber 50

with... LHX Attack Chopper in second........(toasted)

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

Most of mine are here (Altered Beast, both Vectormans, etc.), maybe I missed it, but no one said Comix Zone! That's one helluva game right there, one of the greatest side-scrollers I've ever had the privilage of playing (or watching, it's beautiful!).

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

whats the deal with Chiki Chiki Boys, never heard of it til today. I bought it and havent been able to play it yet.
    Eyes - Pete and Pete, Bullet Ballet
    Ears - Exploding Hearts , Tattle Tales
    Hands - Neutopia II, NBA Live 05

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Haunting..... Best genesis game ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think anyone has mentioned one of my favorite games, Red Zone by Time Warner Interactive. Fun mission based game. Takes air and ground vehicle combat and mixes it up with on the ground special forces types of opertations. Kept me entertained for hours anyways.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In 1990, I was playing Altered Beast and Herzog Zwei a lot.

Around 1994, my friends and I would play Mutant League Football for hours.

Now, I find myself playing Streets of Rage 2 and 3, Mutant League Football (the game just won't die), Cadash, and Gaires. Good stuff!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    PSOne: Medievel I, Smackdown 2, Einhander
    Genesis: Cadash
    32X: Kolibri
    N64: WWF No Mercy, Conker's Bad Fur Day
    Atari 2600: Demon Attack
    SNES: Earthworm Jim 2, Sunset Riders
    NES: Tecmo World Wrestling, Rolling Thunder
    PC: Jardinians (I love it!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really liked Mystic Defender. It was one of the early titles for the system, and a cool game at that. I remember popping the game into my Mega Drive (didn't everyone import the Mega Drive before the Genesis came here??) and seeing it come up in Japanese! This is when I first found out that the game itself didn't have the USA/Jap character code, but the system's bios itself!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Phantasy Star 2, 3 ,4
    King's Bounty
    Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday
    NHLPA 93
    AD & D warrior of the Enternal Sun

Plus a lot more.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have never played the Haunting, but I really want to try it I have heard nothing but good things.

I think Zombies Ate my Neighbors was a great genny game.

Raiden Trad was an awsome shooter and definatly worth picking up.
    I am in fact the guy that made the Raisins prototype worth thousands less by dumping it. "D'oh!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was particularly fond of Sword of Vermillion.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

SoV was a strange RPG to me, I could never get the hang of the battle system with it.
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was I like the only person on the planet that Loved Last battle, that was like hours of mindless fun god I loved that 1st mindless dungeon of doom with the boulders and flying arrows .

Thanks

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm

You liked last battle??? You masochist! I rate that the worst game I have ever played on the Megadrive...

Great games I second:

Toejam and Earl: Panic on Funkatron ... easily way better than the first game, I don't know why anyone pretends any different.

Robocop vs. Terminator ... pure platform shooter action. Absolutely fantastic and infinitely replayable.

Flicky - oh, the hours i spent playing this when I should have been revising!! I still remember the feeling of achievement when I finally got through all the levels .... and found myself back on level 1 again!!

Buck Rogers - my first RPG experience. A sweet memory indeed. Rented it out with a friend, and got nowhere. We decided it was crap and went out and played cricket instead. I took it home in the evening to give it another try, and finally figured out how to play it ... and from then on we were totally hooked. Must have earned that video store a fair bit!!

Bare Knuckle 3 - best of the whole series.. and the uncensored Jap version is definitely the best!

The Chaos Engine - brilliant!

Mega Swiv - outstanding!

Micro Machines Military - best Micro Machines game EVER! Fantastic multiplayer action... and you got to shoot at eachother as well!!!

Vroomfunkel

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I second Gunstar Heroes, Rambo 3, Gain Ground, Mega Man Wily Wars.

Also superb games:

Castlevania: Bloodlines (Castlevania: New Generation, in Europe; very cheesy name)

Psycho Pinball (was it released on the Genesis?)

Cannon Fodder (not released in the US)

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

Hmmm... most of my all time favorite Genny games have already been mentioned (Mystic Defender, MUSHA, Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier, Valis III, Splatterhouse 3, Bloodlines, Hard Corps, Ghouls 'N Ghosts, Phelios, Truxton, all three Shinobi and ThunderForce games), but how about these?

Space Harrier II - The game that convinced me that I had to have the Genesis when I first saw it in late '89. It also introduced me to Space Harrier - the original I had not really bothered with (in either arcade or SMS incarnations) until then. To this day, I have yet to play a pseudo 3-D shooter that I've liked more.

Splatterhouse 2 - While it is the weakest out of the entire series, I still bought it the day it was released and played the hell out of it. It's still a fantastic game - while definitely not as good as SH3, it fits the requirements if you're looking for an almost direct sequel to part 1.

El Viento - great Wolf Team platformer. I consider it to be the spiritual sister of the Valis series.

The Golden Axe series - The first was a fantastic conversion of the original arcade game, the second - while slightly flawed - was almost as good as the first, and the third (Japanese import only) brought some great new moves and ideas to the series, even if the graphics looked like they were done by interns at Sega. I've described the series like this - GA1 - the major motion picture, GA2 - the direct to video sequel, GA3 - the made for TV movie.

Strider - Sega did a great job of porting G'NG to the Genny, but they did an even better job porting Strider. This is probably the closest a Genesis game got to being almost exactly like the original arcade game.

Forgotten Worlds - Another great port of a great arcade game. While not quite as good as the original, the Genny version still stands out.

Burning Force - This has got to be my favorite take on Space Harrier ever. It adds powerups and the ability to control two different vehicles (sort of), as well as adding a heads-up warning sound when enemies come from behind you. If Space Harrier II didn't exist, this would be my favorite pseudo 3-D shooter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Fun fact time...The sound test for the European Mega Drive release of Castlevania (The New Generation) has two less soundtracks than the US and Japanese (Vampire Killer) versions. They're stuff you hear in the other versions after beating Dracula and so on, but it's odd that it's missing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah..General Chaos, let me count the ways i love thee...actually, no that would take too long. Super Hang On was cool, mainly because it was one of the first I played, i think. Mickey Mouse World Of Illusion was great in 2p mode..apart from that 'get the mine cart up the hill' bit...Mortal Kombat 2 holds a special place in my heart, mainly because I can't complete it to this day (they're cheap! Cheap I tell's ya!) Afterburner II and Super Thunder blade I liked. Oh, and 688 Attack-sub was absolutely brilliant,,,,

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lots of good games mentioned here... so I'm basically just going to gloss over some of my favorites of the favorites

Only saw Kid Chameleon mentioned once! This is a great platformer... the game design is great, all the way through (and this game is incredibly long!). Turning into the Berserker always made me smile.

MUSHA is a fantastic shooter. I always enjoyed how the game took a very eastern feel. The quasi-sequel for the Sega CD, Robo Aleste, is pretty good as well.

If you're into quirky shooters, there's always Trouble Shooter, which is a silly anime-based side-scrolling shmup. They made a sequel, which was much more superior, but it was never released in America. The original japanese games are called Battle Mania and they're hilarious (but decent fun).

Shadow Dancer is great. The boss at the Statue of Liberty, with the giant saw blades, sticks in my mind to this day. The sound effects are suberb.

I prefer the first Toe Jam & Earl over the second one, just because of the cheesy sound effects, which add sooooo much to that game. When I was younger, a friend and I tried to play through it together. We were about 20 feet away from the final ship piece... when we heard the oh-so-familiar honk of the Phantom Ice Cream Truck. Just thinking about it makes me giggle!

Shining Force pretty much invented the tile-based RPG... or at least made it popular. Shining in the Darkness was cool too in that quirky "shining" kind of way. I always liked the character designs in this series.

I'll stop there for now.

My Complete Collection - Currently expanding my PS2 collection by buying up every five dollar game I see

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Kid Chameleon

Hi,
    I just noticed that someone mentioned Kid Chameleon... I was one of the co programmers & co designers of that game (I programmed & designed all of the Bosses & a hand full of the little monsters & Icon movement & the shard special effects etc..) Any way It was fun to see someone mention that game...It sure was a blast to build that game with the great team we had at that time

Take care,
    Steve Woita.....PS: See ya at this years CGE ! (I'll be the guy selling the numbered collector copies of the hand packaged "Clickum" game for the PC...The CD will be in a cool looking DVD case (My wife SuSan did the cover art & the logo & title screen for the game)) See ya @ CGE !

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow..I can't believe nobody has mentioned Comix Zone, one of the most beautifully graphical genesis games ever and extremely fun at that. It literally is like controlling a comic book. If youv never played this game give it a try. I was dying for A dreamcast update but it never happened... There are so many more that I could rant about forever, Iv been waiting a while for more Genesis Posts