Thread: Looking for the help of some Ebay Sellers

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Looking for the help of some Ebay Sellers

Hi, I've incurred a large amount of current debt taking care of my elderly mother who has broken her leg, and I don't have a credit card on ebay to start up a sellers account...Is there any ebay sellers here generous enough to list some items for me? I'd be more than willing to give them a share of the price (5% - 10%) and all the fees associated with listing the item, and selling the item. I can and will provide pictures for all items sold...The thing I want to do is have one auction for all my unsold NES games (around 50 of them) and sell them in a 3 or 5 day auction...If it is an option, I would also sell the games to the seller for him to resale on ebay if he/she would be interested.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Look in your phone book for a retail Ebay store that you can drop anyhting and they will sell them for you. They often call themselfs I Sold IT. I dont know how much they take but they seem to do very good at selling items higher that they would normal sell for.
    If you are ever in St louis stop by my store Trade-N-Games. I have a huge selection of vintage games along with the new systems. Or shop online now www.tradengames.com
    Jason

Strawberry (Level 2) Necrosaro420's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, if you are in a bigger city, chances are there is an eBay store around there somewhere that, like stated above, you can just drop off, and they will sell it for you for a small fee.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have a large lot to sell so I looked into isoldit...looking at the example they give on their web site, they charge from 30-40% commission. That's too much. Yeah, it's a hassle to sell the stuff, ship it, deal w/ buyers, etc., but it's not 30-40% of a hassle...I suggest you get a credit card or use a friend's to start an account and sell it yourself.

Have you tried selling it here? You won't get as much as on ebay, but percentage wise probably more than if you used a commercial seller.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty sure there is a way to sell on ebay without a credit card. I remeber seeing a option on ebay that allowed you to sell on ebay with out a card, but it required a fee and a backround check. There are also pre-paid visa cards you can get, they work just like gift cards, but act like a visa, I've heard of a few people using those before. I would stay away from those ebay shops, anyone that knows how to press the power button on their computer should be able to figure out ebay.
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bringing up my post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If i were you, i would try the options above (borrow a friend's creditcard, use pre-paid creditcard, etc. etc.) and try to sell the items yourself. Most ebay sellers are very hesitant to sell items for other people because too many things can go wrong...

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, you can get a pre-paid mastercard from Money Mart the same day you apply for it.

Reasonable rates, etc. Too easy