Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has a complete US Gamecube collection?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who has a complete US Gamecube collection?

Post your pictures or share your collection/experience here if you have or going for a complete GC set.

Some questions I need help with:

1. Has the Gamecube stopped releasing games?

2. Where can I find a complete list of games released for the GC?

3. How many games are released in total?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/releases.html (yikes im using gfaqs as a source >.>)
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Going for one, even though I've got a lot to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. No
    2. Nintendo.com has a good list, however they have titles that are "in the working" that were suppose to come out like 3 years ago.
    3. I think its in the 500's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Mayhem is really close. Ask him how many unique games he has, add 20 to the answer and you will have just about how many games have been released thus far.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I'm at over 500 so far, though that includes cover variations, demo disks and different release packages (eg. 1080 with and without the bonus DVD, Robotech normal and collector's edition etc).

http://www.mayhem64.co.uk/misc/gamecubegames.htm

My wants list currently sits at about 25 games, though I think I need to add Monster House, Cars and that Baseball game to it definitely. Super Monkeyball Adventure has just come out but I'm getting that as a review copy so no need to worry on that.

There are still games planned for release, but they are few and far between now. Most of what I still need was released within the last 6 months, just a case of me waiting for the prices to drop so I can grab them cheaper.

I've checked my lists off against the ones here and at Nintendo.com, though I didn't know about GameFAQs, I'll run it by that as well just in case there's something missing

Best of all, my US collection has NO Player's Choice, NO Best Seller, all releases are complete and it's all original release as it should in English only (apart from Donkey Konga which I believe was dual language only).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Annoying question here, but favourite games out of that 500+ games collection, Mayhem?

Always interesting to hear...
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Ooo lots of fave stuff actually...

F-Zero GX
    Burnout
    Donkey Konga
    Ikaruga
    Lost Kingdoms
    Wario Ware
    Mario Golf
    Mario Kart DD
    Metroid Prime 1 and 2
    Pacman Vs
    Skies of Arcadia
    Soul Calibur 2
    Zelda 4 Swords
    Baldur's Gate
    Baten Kaitos
    Battalion Wars
    Chibi-Robo
    Final Fantasy CC
    Fire Emblem
    Paper Mario
    Pikmin
    RE4
    Rogue Squadron 2
    Sega Soccer Slam
    Super Monkey Ball
    Super Smash Bros Melee
    Timesplitters 2
    Ultimate Muscle
    Viewtiful Joe

Japanese wise not listed above...
    Mr Driller Drill Land
    Star Soldier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, nice collection Mayhem, I'm kind of suprised I never noticed you had such a huge collection.

I'm not sure if you're going for all the alternate packaging or not, or if you know this already but Mega Man Network Transmission had an alternative packaging where it was packaged with a cardboard sleeve (a la Pac-Man Vs.) that had a demo of the TV show and possibly some clips of future games. I can't really say because my copy was sealed and I ended up selling it sealed when I got out of GameCube collecting. It might have been Target only. I'm telling you this because I've only seen one copy before and I got it on eBay and most collectors have never heard of it.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Ah... yeah I had heard of it. Pretty much ruled out finding it though. I got lucky on the Cubix game (same setup as you mention for Megaman) and I've got the Robotech game with it saying "with DVD" on the inlay sleeve but sadly not got the DVD (yet).

Still, someone here helped me get the 1080 with DVD so I live in hope

And that I found the local TRU to QoF had multiple copies on discount of Baten Kaitos with the soundtrack CD the last time I was in the US, so who knows what may turn up in the future.

Certainly I'm not gunning for the Megaman variation but I wouldn't say no if it turned up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I checked on Gamefaq, but they do not have a game list.

Mayhem, you must have spent alot on you collection. Do you mind telling us about how much you spent? Where do you usually buy your games, Ebay?

Do you go for other complete sets?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i particularly like how mayhem's faveorite list is nearly all exclusive titles (or at least exclusive content... a la soul calibur 2). i think when this generation is dead, i am going to want to work on a gamecube exclusive collection, and leave the cross platform titles to the xbox....
    My Website | #VBender | Last.fm
    Part of the #vbender crew
    [21:39] <Ze_ro> Perkar: Put "Official #vbender Slut" in your sig.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by pooch
    Mayhem, you must have spent alot on you collection. Do you mind telling us about how much you spent? Where do you usually buy your games, Ebay?
    First and foremost I am a gamesplayer. I got the Cube a month or two after it was released, mainly because I had an NES, SNES and N64, plus I wanted Rogue Squadron 2 and Smash Bros. Dunno why the collecting bug for the system bit, though I could blame QoF a little there

Still, visiting her on holiday, doing game trawls, has shown it has been quite easy to acquire lots of titles very cheaply. That and eBay. It helps of course having 25-30 shops within a 15-20 mile radius heh. It does mean needing plenty room in my luggage to bring them back. Indeed, there's still 40 odd titles still at Kris' place awaiting transport to the UK!

In the beginning, I bought stuff I wanted to play. When I started the collecting side of things, it was mainly getting good condition used copies from game shops when I went to the US. Aside from picking up some of the rarities (NCAA Basketball 2K3, Bust-a-Move 3000, Jedi Knight 2 etc) most of my collection has been acquired from shops and not the internet until recently.

Then I found a couple of reputable online shops and I've gathered another 50-60 titles through there, for the gaps I had. Following my visit to the US last month where I acquired another 50 odd titles, I'm down to about 30 titles now I think.

Price wise, aside from those games I've bought new to play and some of the rarities (though I did manage to pay only $10 for Bust-a-Move 3000 shrinked and Jedi Knight 2 from UK sellers had the US versions for whatever reason), almost everything I've acquired per title has been under $20, lots under $15 each, and quite a few under $10.

It does help doing this when the UK pound is so strong against the US$, AND that you (well, QoF) have the EB Games/Gamestop and Gamecrazy cards to get 10% off used game purchases as well. Plus the random 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 deals that go on.

If you wanted me to guess roughly how much I've spent overall on the collection so far, I'd definitely say it hasn't broken $10k yet. Perhaps by the time it's complete. The average price per game from my last trip last month was about $11 each.

I do like that Gamecube games are quite resistant and tough. In all my time, I've only ever had two games that refused to boot up, and only one disk was actually faulty; the other one (FIFA 2004) doesn't boot on my Cube but does on Kris' so it must be some weird hardware incompatibility somewhere.

That and the Service disk I own which refuses to boot on three Cubes I've tried so I'm guessing it must have been burnt improperly because the disk itself is flawless condition wise. Maybe I can con Nintendo US into replacing it :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool info, Mayhem...

our of curiousity, where do you buy stuff in London? Game Focus, GameStation and CEX or?
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I've never seen a Gamestation in London, if you know of one then let me know. I've bought a few games from Game Focus, stuff that's low priced (under $10 mostly) and cheaper hence than getting it from the US. CEX hasn't done import Nintendo stuff in years since being "threatened" with not being supplied with PAL items.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm...

I decided to my Gamecube some love at the last Buy 2 Get 1 sale at EB/Gamestop. I picked up about 40 games, for about $160. 10% on top of the buy2Get1 is a great deal if you keep all the titles under $5. Going to keep this routine up with the modern systems. There are always new games in the $5 range from one sale to the next...I like to buy the cheap games then fill in the expensive games casually...

Later,
    Trebuken

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Which is probably doing better than I've managed so far... then again I started very quick and it slowed down to steady rate soon after

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm missing around 70, and I'll probably put out a feeler "want" list for GameCube soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Where'd you get the star soldier? I haven't seen one for sale in forever. Granted, I haven't been looking very hard, but the game looks damn good from what I saw of my friend's copy.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

@DreamTR - be interesting to see if you need anything I've got spare. Plus you got anything I need (most of what I still need was released in the last 6 months though)

@Uber - I bought all four of the Hudson budget titles from PlayAsia as soon as they were released. The only one now I regularly see on sale is the Cubic Lode Runner; the others are comparitively a lot harder to find.