Thread: GamesMaster TV Show

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default GamesMaster TV Show

This thread is as much for those who remember this (once) great TV show (by that, I really mean... the best of the bunch), as it is for those who have never seen GamesMaster.

Fronted by Dominik Diamond (for all but the third series), and aided by Sir Patrick Moore (a really old and quite famous astronomer) as the "Games Master", the show mainly consisted of challenges - sometimes between celebrities and sometimes between kids in the audience. These were sandwiched with a splattering of features, previews and reviews.

The show ran from the early to late nineties, and was fairly successful, spawning seven series - each with a different setting and theme.

Such classic quotes from the show include...

Quote Originally Posted by Dominik Diamond
    If video games make small children violent; why is it only grown men that go off to war? Good night!
    And, during a Virtua Fighter Kids challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by David Lynch (Namco)
    He's pulling out throws like... *pause*... sliced bread!!
    Wikipedia has a wealth of information about the show, including some of the co-presenters, the controversy, Dominik's replacement for the third series (who I've always liked, but I never felt his personality fitted), and the show's demise - despite respectable viewing figures in the seventh, and ultimately final, series.

As well as hearing what you guys think of the show, I also wanted to point you to GamesMasterLive - a fan site that has a dozen episodes, or so, of the show available for download. I already had the entire first series (which I found via BitTorrent), but I've since added these.

So, if you're never heard of GamesMaster - or if you just want to reminisce a little - then check it out! You have no excuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gamesmaster! I used to watch that every week without fail. Back when Dominik Diamond was hosting the TV show, the magazine was still good (unlike now, when it just sucks.) I swear I never would have been able to finish Flashback without it. Anyhow, if you'll excuse me, I now have to watch some episodes..