Anyone who owns a Phantom 1 converter knows that the one problem with it is that you have to manually line up the connects to put it in the Neo. It's not really a big problem, but it is annoying. Luckily a person by the name of Tiptonium over at neo-geo.com came up with a nice case mod for the Phantom. You can view what he did here.

http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimateb...c;f=5;t=004209

First things first, you have to get a cheap and common Neo Geo cart that you would be willing to saw almost in half. I used a Fatal Fury Special that I had that was in terrible shape. Not a big loss, I can get another one in much better shape for 30-40 bucks.

Then you have to open it up and take out the boards. Now what makes this mod work and makes doing it much easier is the fact that the Phantom 1 has holes cut in it that perfectly line up with the posts in the empty Neo shell. So I put the Phantom 1 in the bottom of the case, then made marks with a box cutter on each side of the case where I would have to cut. Then I grabbed the hacksaw and cut the top off the bottom part of the Neo case as even as I could.

Then I put the case back together, so I could evenly cut off the top of the other side of the case. This part was much easier to cut, since you could use the already cut half as a guide.

Now the toughest part. You then have to put the phantom face down in the front part of the empty shell and measure where you will have to cut out a space for the audio jacks that the Phantom 1 has. Once again I used a box cutter to make marks on each side of the audio jacks where I would have to cut. Then I kinda estimated how far into the cart I would have to cut. Worked out pretty well.

Then I made sure the hole I cut for the audio jacks lined up correctly with the phantom. After that was done, all I had to do was figure out something to eliminate the jagged edges from where I had cut the case. So I just used some black electrical tape and covered up all the edges. Doesn't look the nicest, but it does the job.

Then just place the Phantom 1 in the back of the case, with the posts lined up, and attach the front of the case, and boom, you got yourself a better looking, much easier to use Phantom-1.

Now all I have to do is make a label for the cart, and make an insert for the case I will put it in.

Here's some pics. (might have to cut and paste the link)

http://www.geocities.com/buttasuperb/phantom1.html