Thread: Tetris for GBA?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tetris for GBA?

Are there any good Tetris games for GBA? I've tried Tetris Worlds, but its not exactly great.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Well you can play Tetris DX on your GBA, and it is very good.

Chris

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tnx for the tip, but what about GBA games? I already have the original Tetris game for GB. Best one i ever played

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    Well you can play Tetris DX on your GBA, and it is very good.

Chris
    Though you can't on a Micro

Apprantely the only GBA Tetris game is Tetris Worlds which I haven't heard many good things about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seriously, your best option is Tetris DX. It's great. But you're right - there's no Tetris DX love happening on a micro/DS

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pity Wish they atleast made better Tetris game for GBA, but it wont happend now, most likely.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you can play all original gameboy gomes on ur micro with a flash cart and the excellent GUMBA emulator. it runs perfectly and although it leaves the screen area a little small the sharp screen means it's perfectly playable. seriously, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

in fact Tetris DX is what i play most on my micro cause it's such a good ultra portable game (my 40 lines record: Level 9 High 5: 1.41 seconds).

on a side point has anyone actually managed to get a ring through the keyring hole? i wanted to hang my keys off my micro and couldn't get it to fit!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's wrong with Tetris Worlds? I'm just curious. It seems like a good version to me, but I'm no Tetris expert.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmc
    you can play all original gameboy gomes on ur micro with a flash cart and the excellent GUMBA emulator. it runs perfectly and although it leaves the screen area a little small the sharp screen means it's perfectly playable. seriously, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

in fact Tetris DX is what i play most on my micro cause it's such a good ultra portable game (my 40 lines record: Level 9 High 5: 1.41 seconds).
    I don't know if I'd call goomba "perfect"... first of all you can't stretch/unstretch the screen with the L/R buttons like you can do on a real GB cart in a GBA. But there is also something else about it also that bugs me that I can't really put my finger on... I'm thinking maybe it's the pallettes it has to choose from, or the slight slowdown in some games. I'll have to break out a cart someday and do an A/B comparison on an SP to see exactly what it is

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well you couldn't stretch the screen on the original gb either which it emulates so that dosn't mean it isn't 'perfect'.

The screen stretch is just a nuance of the GBA hardware which gooba never really intended to emulate!

also never experienced any slowdown that wasn't in the original and the fact that all my personal speed records when using both goomba and the original carts are the same to the last second speaks volumes!

Pallette is easily close enough - and if you want a pallette closer to the original gb then try playing only at dusk with yellow sunglasses on, your eyes will hurt, but you'll be the most hardcore retrogamer on the block and can laugh at those who enjoy the delights of goomba with their sell-out shiny, bright screens! casual gamers huh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well you couldn't stretch the screen on the original gb either which it emulates so that dosn't mean it isn't 'perfect'.

The screen stretch is just a nuance of the GBA hardware which gooba never really intended to emulate!
    Well, what do you play Goomba on? That's right... a GBA! (and yeah.. on the DS, and the non gb playing forms like the micro). As such, it really does beg a natural comparison to playing an actual cart on it, vs. playing it via Goomba. A very natural comparison if you ask me.. And so yeah, I hate the fact you can't stretch the screen out

Pallette is easily close enough - and if you want a pallette closer to the original gb
    Actually I'm talking about the pallettes the GBA/SP assigns when playing an actual GB cart. I think you can still choose them with key combinations when turning the unit on.

But then again like I said I haven't done an actual A/B comparison. Maybe today I'll go break out a couple of my GB/GBC carts (they're in storage with a bunch of other stuff) and load up Goomba with a corresponding list. THEN we'll see how the pallette compares.

Believe you me, I like my emus (as the outdated pic below shows) But as is, Goomba only pretty much gets the nod for me when playing on a micro or DS... or to play a game you don't have. I'll pass on the convenience reason (i.e. having multiple GB/GBC games in a single menu).

(click)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

on a side point has anyone actually managed to get a ring through the keyring hole? i wanted to hang my keys off my micro and couldn't get it to fit!!
    I thought about doing that, but decided against it.

Firstly, my keys weigh a ton. This might make playing my micro uncomfortable.

Secondly, I'd be afraid of the keys scratching my faceplate/screen.