Thread: Who owns metal wolf chaos?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who owns metal wolf chaos?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/japan/metal...ime-193289.php

whoa I just saw that on kotaku , that looks so kick ass im suprised it didnt come to the usa.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ha, now i want it
    *insert signature >here<*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, obscenely long URL! How are you?

I uploaded a couple of Metal Wolf Chaos videos to YouTube a few weeks ago. It's a pretty damn fun game and reasonably replayable. Since it's Japanese only, it's pretty damn uncommon/rare and copies are pretty darn expensive (on Amazon.co.jp it's $250, but you could probably pick it up on Yahoo Auctions Japan for around $90).

The draw distance for enemies is unfortunatly limited and it has some framerate issues at times, but it's pretty fucking fun. If you ever pick up a copy, make sure you save up early on for the most powerful sniper rifle. I didn't know how powerful it was until towards the end of the game when I finally bought it and realized that the damn thing can drop some of the bosses in just a few shots. Awesome stuff.

Also, the American Football Gun is pretty much the coolest thing ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is wierd that Kotaku took this long to pick up on the game. It has been out foreverrrrrr.
    www.onlineconsoles.com - network gaming for the Dreamcast, GameCube and Playstation 2

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

imho the dialogue in the game is pure gem.
    still amazed me why this didn't get Us release since all in-game voice is in English anyway

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just bought my copy from the store today. Gonna try it out now.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    - Bioshock (360)
    - Disgaea (DS)
    - Wipeout HD (PS3)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj898
    still amazed me why this didn't get Us release since all in-game voice is in English anyway
    From Software took it to Sega and asked if they wanted to publish it. Sega declined and then used lines like, "BECAUSE I'M THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES" and whatnot as catchphrases around the office for months. Jerks

But yea, no publishers wanted to have anything to do with it.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

amazing what a youtube video can do for the backmarket sales of a xbox game...now I'm hunting for it as well

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx
    Since it's Japanese only, it's pretty damn uncommon/rare and copies are pretty darn expensive (on Amazon.co.jp it's $250, but you could probably pick it up on Yahoo Auctions Japan for around $90).
    Its that uncommon?! I just bought 2 sealed copies today for a total price of around US$65. Might head back to the store again tomorrow if its really that rare!
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    - Bioshock (360)
    - Disgaea (DS)
    - Wipeout HD (PS3)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enixis
    Since it's Japanese only, it's pretty damn uncommon/rare and copies are pretty darn expensive (on Amazon.co.jp it's $250, but you could probably pick it up on Yahoo Auctions Japan for around $90).
    Its that uncommon?! I just bought 2 sealed copies today for a total price of around US$65. Might head back to the store again tomorrow if its really that rare!
    The ones you are seeing are NTSC/J, but Asian releases. Singapore's releases are different from Japan's releases. They may not be much different (PS2 and XBOX games usually have an English and/or Chinese instruction set included), but many times they have different audio tracks, different packaging, etc.

But if your buying to play, not collect or resell, those Asian releases are the best!!! I've got quite a few NTSC/J Asian release for my XBox just because they were so cheap (like when MS Singapore had that great rebate sale last year when many games were under $10, or the Psyvariar 2 I bought in Sim Lim in May for under US$10).

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smork
    The ones you are seeing are NTSC/J, but Asian releases. Singapore's releases are different from Japan's releases. They may not be much different (PS2 and XBOX games usually have an English and/or Chinese instruction set included), but many times they have different audio tracks, different packaging, etc.

But if your buying to play, not collect or resell, those Asian releases are the best!!! I've got quite a few NTSC/J Asian release for my XBox just because they were so cheap (like when MS Singapore had that great rebate sale last year when many games were under $10, or the Psyvariar 2 I bought in Sim Lim in May for under US$10).
    Metal Wolf Chaos was never released in Asia. Only Japan. Everything on the box is in Japanese and it also has the "For Japan Only" text on the back. Thank God for parallel imports!
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    - Bioshock (360)
    - Disgaea (DS)
    - Wipeout HD (PS3)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Metal Wolf Chaos was never released in Asia. Only Japan. Everything on the box is in Japanese and it also has the "For Japan Only" text on the back. Thank God for parallel imports!
    Really? I saw it all over the place (so I thought) last time I was in Singapore (in May). Maybe my recollection is odd, but I don't remember that much parallel importing outside of that nice store in Funan Digilife (whose name I can't recall even though i've spent 100's there) and Seow Choon.

Oh well, you live in SIN and I've only spent a few weeks there so I'll trust your judgement. All XBox in my other home in Thailand is parallel imported since MS refuses to officially release their consoles there (same as Malaysia, too).

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smork
    Really? I saw it all over the place (so I thought) last time I was in Singapore (in May). Maybe my recollection is odd, but I don't remember that much parallel importing outside of that nice store in Funan Digilife (whose name I can't recall even though i've spent 100's there) and Seow Choon.

Oh well, you live in SIN and I've only spent a few weeks there so I'll trust your judgement. All XBox in my other home in Thailand is parallel imported since MS refuses to officially release their consoles there (same as Malaysia, too).
    You probably confused it with some other titles with the word 'Metal' in them. But then again maybe not, since most places stock up on both Asian and Japanese releases. There's quite a few respectable import shops if you know where to look.
    Btw, i'm actually on holiday in SIN at the moment. Not living here.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    - Bioshock (360)
    - Disgaea (DS)
    - Wipeout HD (PS3)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj898
    From Software took it to Sega and asked if they wanted to publish it. Sega declined and then used lines like, "BECAUSE I'M THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES" and whatnot as catchphrases around the office for months. Jerks

But yea, no publishers wanted to have anything to do with it.
    I would laugh at the dialogue to but doesnt mean I wouldnt want to play this badass game , definanley entertaining and funny voice acting and the looks of it kickass gameplay
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RRIIICCCCHHHAAAAARRRRDDDDDD!!

*insert signature >here<*