Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problems with turbo graphx systems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default problems with turbo graphx systems

anyone have problems with controllers sticking in the console or breaking apart?

"A Serpent Guard, a Horus Guard and a Setesh Guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment! The Serpent Guard's eyes glow, the Horus Guard's beak glistens, the Setesh Guard's nose drips!" Teal'c

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: problems with turbo graphx systems

Quote Originally Posted by cmislin
    anyone have problems with controllers sticking in the console or breaking apart?
    Never.

Do you have a specific issue with it that we can help trouble shoot, or are you just wondering what the overall durability is?
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I bought a tg-16 with a tubo part of I button with me able to a bit of the wiring and the I button wasn't working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well I'm just trying to see is this a common problem or not I've had it happen once and my buddy that runs a game shop had it happen just trying to find out it if its common or not. I have no problem taking repairing it for him thats not the problem.

"A Serpent Guard, a Horus Guard and a Setesh Guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment! The Serpent Guard's eyes glow, the Horus Guard's beak glistens, the Setesh Guard's nose drips!" Teal'c

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

I have a problem. Sometimes, my down button doesn't work. Yet, when I just open the controller up and reassemble, it works again.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you tried inspecting the controller end and/or the controller input on the console? Could be some kind of sticky residue inside that's causing it to jam up like that.

The only problem I've ran across on a TG16 controller is the turbo dip switches were dead. I have some minor soldering skills and was able to fix it. What happened was the main resistor (Labeled J10 on the board) that controls this particular part of the PCB chip on the controller had been chipped off , this is mainly happens during manufactioning, which means whoever was putting together these controllers on the asembly line did not put enough soldering feed on the board itself to ensure good contact to the board

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well that helps for some of the problems I do have and haven't fixed but what I'm referring to is tip end of the controller pull away from the cord meaning you go to disconnect the controller from the console and a piece of its still attached while you have the other end of the controller and wire in hand. I wasn't asking about sticky buttons or what not or anything to do with the input devices of the controller mainly the connection point. I value everyones opinions and this saves me from posting more about turbograph controller issues. Thank you all for your input its just really hard sometimes to get your point across clearly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well that helps for some of the problems I do have and haven't fixed but what I'm referring to is tip end of the controller pull away from the cord meaning you go to disconnect the controller from the console and a piece of its still attached while you have the other end of the controller and wire in hand.
    I've had that problem with a TG16 controller. A bit of glue fixed it right up. The problem that I encounter more often is when the conductive part of the turbo switch doesn't come in contact with the board but that's also an easy fix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you thats sounds more like the problem I've encounter and thank you for your knowledge about it

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had this problem several times. What you are talking about is the din pin thing on the end of a TurboPad being stuck inside the actual TG-16 controller input slot. This is actually a pretty common thing, or at least it must be relatively common, because I've only come in contact with so many turbo's and I've had 3 that have had this problem. In fact, I just recently got a Turbo at a flea market with the controller plug stuck inside it. What I do is just take a pliers or whatever and pluck the controller thing out of the controller input slot, and then take that controller with the plug and basically not use it anymore, and just use a different TurboPad. It kinda sucks because it would be nice to not have to get an additional TurboPad just to use it. I'm sure there is some way to fix controllers that have this problem, but I've never spent much time worrying about it. I just say F it, and get another TurboPad off Ebay or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

horray thats exactly what the problem is and I've gotten the pin connector out and I know how to put it back in but I never so far has seem to get it to work yep. BUt now I have those two broken controlling my possession so I can look at them more I have a itt 2 year degree in electronic technology and if I can make them work again I will let you know. I do know if you can fix them your going to need to strip the plastic off where the dinn goes in so you can seed the wires more and where the pins contact. Cause i tried putting the din back in like on a working on and it doesn't even work nothing does. as soon as I have more information I will update this thank you call.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default update

here is the problem with a link to two pictures showing it.
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/c_misl...slin/my_photos
    I'm not sure its fixable really or not. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thank in advance.

chris

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You might want to try here for some more Turbo specific info:

http://www.pcenginefx.com/phpBB/index.php

Hope it helps a little

Hud

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you will check it out today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've checked that site so far waiting if anyone else has any info please help if you can here is the link of the problem and just putting the pin piece back in doesn't make it work.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/c_misl...slin/my_photos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had the same thing happen to me. I just plug the controller back in, and it works just fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well so far with the 3 I have none of them work that way I'm taking it not making contact and since there isn't a easy to get to the connection points I'm not sure what to really do but use the controller as parts and so for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well that helps for some of the problems I do have and haven't fixed but what I'm referring to is tip end of the controller pull away from the cord meaning you go to disconnect the controller from the console and a piece of its still attached while you have the other end of the controller and wire in hand. I wasn't asking about sticky buttons or what not or anything to do with the input devices of the controller mainly the connection point. I value everyones opinions and this saves me from posting more about turbograph controller issues. Thank you all for your input its just really hard sometimes to get your point across clearly.
    Yep... I have a controller that does exactly that. I think I shall try some glue.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

let me know what happens and if all the buttons and such work thank you

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Very carefully cut apart that end and solder each pin back together. Or, rip it off and solder a new din connector on there.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!