View Poll Results: is ebay down right now?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, everything is running as normal

14 60.87%
  • Yes, down with economy

4 17.39%
  • i haven't looked into it very much to notice

4 17.39%
  • who cares i hate ebay anyways

1 4.35%

Thread: ebay in general

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ebay in general

does anybody else think ebay prices are down right now?

as in, if you were to sell something hoping for top dollar, do you think you would get less than expected right now?

i see an awful lot of things going for fairly cheap, much like the sealed copy of Excitebike i picked up for $200........i think if anybody has the money they should start picking up some of this low price stuff. i'm trying to but i dont have much money to throw around

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

as soon as spring clothes hit the stores, ebay usually goes down. don't knwo what it really is, maybe that xmas money is gone, and people are getting outside more?
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everything I sell is going for $7-8 less than normal.
    It really sucks >

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, since november, I've been doing much better than normal, didn't even slow down after christmas.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sylentwulf
    Actually, since november, I've been doing much better than normal, didn't even slow down after christmas.
    You Sir Have OFFENDED Me...... >)
    As A Silver Power-Seller I must now report you for doing better than me. Prepare to be notified by E-Bay about this matter.
    Quite Unacceptable Indeed >

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not what i was expecting.......nobody chose "who cares i hate ebay anyways" which is what i expected.......except i do hate ebay......makes me so mad sometimes.

but i was thinking it was really down, since say.....the beginning of February or somewhere right in there. Maybe it does this every year.......but it makes me say lets go to war!!! and get this over with, this isn't the right place for a comment like this but......how long can we go around scaring the whole country with the idea of war before we all turn into the biggest tightwads and end up with another depression......and thats not going by definition. recession we can handle but lets not go too far......things need to pick up and i blame it on the war

another thing......if them venezuelans dont get back to work......i will go down there personally and kill all of them.........then Americans can filter in to replace the empty jobs........or we could not kill them and take their jobs.....either way......killing them sounds like more fun

i just want to sell some stuff and every little thing i sell is like somebody already said.......down $7-8 or more like 10% down and that just bothers me >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Hmm, so is this thread TRUELY about eBay or another war post? Please, let's not bring it in here. And please, no threats.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could have to do with what you're selling? In retail Jan.-Mar. are the worst months of the year for sales. Everyone is sick of winter, bored, and zonig out on the TV. They spent all their money on christmas, theres no overtime available, and they're trying to pay it all back before spring and summer hits.

Then spring hits, and everone cleans house, sells it or throws it away, then starts going to yard sales and filling their house back up for next years cleaning.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you have the "right" items, they will still command a higher value on ebay, but common titles and mid-range title are going for less than they were a few months ago. I agree it is a great time to buy on ebay.

Danny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    If you have the "right" items, they will still command a higher value on ebay, but common titles and mid-range title are going for less than they were a few months ago. I agree it is a great time to buy on ebay.

Danny
    You Sir have hit the Proverbial "Nail " on the head.
    I had to stop selling my more common games and just list the rare ones.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exactly. Hold on to your more common titles, and buy them on ebay right now, thats how I fuel my collection. The rare titles will still command top dollar, because the people who really want them (collectors) don't care what the market conditions are (to a point).

Danny

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes this post is truely about ebay.......i was just stating that i think the threat of war is bringing it down and i very well could be wrong since i haven't been an ebay seller during this time of the year yet

as far as prices go for me, i sell sealed NES games in rounds of about 8-10 at a time. first round i got fair prices for, second round i made a killing, and the final round i nearly gave them away and there was a small period of time between round 2 and 3......so i thought maybe it was down and now i dont really feel like posting things. i have a person in florida looking at my copy of excitebike i just bought and if he doesn't pull through i'm going to hold out until june and sell it and kung fu at the same time......i really need the money though......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been more inclined to buy on eBay lately because of the gains the Canadian dollar has made on the US dollar. For example. In the beginning of February I could bid and won an auction for $100 US. That would have cost me $158 CAD. Right now the same auction would cost me $147. Combine that withe the apparent down turn in prices due to the poor economy, threat of war, or time of year and it is a nice time to pick up some extra items. The sucky part is I mostly sell on eBay.