I admit i don't know much about rgb but i've been looking into it lately. i really want to try it on my HDTV with consoles like my snes but i really don't want to find and buy a rgb monitor. now i've read about the method useing a rgb+ upscan converter and a audio authority device to convert to component but i hear getting japanese 21 pin converters is a real pain and custom makeing/getting them is well....more work. so i was reserching and i was wondering if anyone knows if the meathod i've come up with would work

ok i came across this thing http://www.syncblaster.com/Syncblaster_RGB2C.html
which supposedly turns rgb to componant through a European scart cable (which are rather easy to get compaired to a jp 21 pin rgb cable). ok, it sells for about $145.00 US which is still cheaper then getting a upscaner and a audio athority, plus it looks small so its less stuff to take up room.

so useing a US snes system as an example. you get a snes scart a/v cable hook it up to the SyncBlaster RGB2C and then get a scart to componant cable (which also seem cheap and plentyful). and there you go rgb(ish) connection to a hdtv with less cash used and less hassle

now i'm assumeing a few things like a euro scart a/v cable will work with a US snes. but what does everyone think? can it work? again i'm no expert so i may be missing something painfully obvious about this.