Thread: Where to buy SNES instructions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Where to buy SNES instructions

I have a number of SNES games that I'd like to have the manuals for, but for some reason, they seem to be harder to come by than manuals for games for other systems. For example, there's a seller in the eBay stores who has pretty much all of the Genesis game manuals on sale at any given time (discountgames is their eBay name)--they're overpriced, but if you want them, you can have them. Manuals for NES games come up fairly often with the games themselves in eBay auctions, and a store near me has a pretty good selection in at any given time. But SNES manuals continue to elude me; they hardly ever come up on eBay and no stores near me seem to have any at all. Does anyone know a reputable place to buy just the manuals? I'm thinking like online vintage game stores, or something like that.
    Feedback thread here

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have the same problem. once when i was looking at nintendos official website i saw they were selling manuals. and looking through the list i found they had manuals for super mario RPG. well my excitment was quickly crushed when i read the little disclaimer thing that the manuals you recive may be photocopies. oh well, it was to good to be true anyways. i almost got the manual off ebay a few days ago but i feel a little silly buying just a manual for $15 plus shipping. especially sometimes when its almost tthe price of the game.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes, the manual MAY be a photocopy, but I've found in the past that Nintendo still does have some originals left. They accept orders over the phone, and when you call you can ask if you will receive the original or a photocopy. Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I ordered a bunch of manuals (seven, to be exact) from nintendo.com, and they all wound up being copies. I knew it was a risk when I ordered them, but didn't really care because they were all cheap. I'm not complaining; I just thought I'd update for people that have the same problem as me.
    Feedback thread here

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Since they are over ten years old, that doesn't surprise me, especially if you wanted manuals for popular games. If you're okay with the copies, I guess that's fine...but like I said, you can call Nintendo service department and they will tell you right away if you'll receive originals or copies of certain manuals.