Thread: Get a load of this...

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Get a load of this...

I was at my local Rhino Video Games store talking with the assistant manager. In those corporate-run stores, they'll get boxes of used games shipped in from headquarters to sell, as opposed to all of their stock coming from walk-ins. And apparently Rhino figured it was too much hassle/money to worry about game values varying by factors like condition, box, manual, etc. So there's a set price for everything regardless of what condition it's in. And apparently they only deal with loose cartridges.

So the other day, this store gets a shipment of used games to sell. One of them was Legend of Zelda, first release. Marvelous condition. In the box. FACTORY SEALED. The girl stocking the shelves that day thought nothing of it. Ripped off the cellophane. Opened it up. Box, manual, sleeve > in the trash. Put the cartridge on the shelf with a shiny new price tag, $12.00.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

that happened all the time the Gamestops I use to shop at. Until I told them I would buy all the games sealed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds almost like something Game Stop would do with a trade-in. You should talk with them and let them know that if they do get new games or something more complete than loose that they save the stuff on the side so you can grab it next time. Let them know they could make a few extra bucks off of you and some others and it may be worth their time to not waste ripping it off and opening. You just never know, unless you've already asked.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is Rhino an east coast thing? Never seen it on the west coast... I've received some SNES carts where the back had a RHINO sticker.

As for the Zelda thing.... stupid dumb bitch comes to mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My local Game Crazy decided to do this with all incoming trades. In order to save space, they ditched the boxes and manuals. I asked the guy working at one store to save all his Genesis boxes for me. I got a dozen or so from him, but then one day I went in and he had a HUGE bag for me. It turns out that his girlfriend worked at another Game Crazy and while he was visiting her, they were ditching their current stock of boxes. Being the nice guy that he is, he grabbed then all for me. There were about 40 boxes. Unfortunately he no longer works there. But it can't hurt to be freindly with employees.