Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Historian Live

Default XNA Game Studio Express Beta Released

Just got the email....

The Microsoft XNA team is pleased to inform you that the Microsoft XNA Game Studio Express (Beta) is now available at the Microsoft Download Center from the following location: http://msdn.com/directx/XNA/gse/. As this is a beta release, we ask that you bear with the few rough spots throughout the product and documentation. The most up to date requirements and known issues for XNA Game Studio Express (Beta) are contained in the readme file, located at http://msdn.com/directx/XNA/gse/readme/. Please view the readme file before downloading or installing XNA Game Studio Express (Beta).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

huh.....I was on the list to be notified....didn't see any email as of yet *going to check again right now*

I almost like the idea of this, it just seems you have to be signed up and paying for alot to be able to fully use this stuff
    feitctaj !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmirk
    huh.....I was on the list to be notified....didn't see any email as of yet *going to check again right now*

I almost like the idea of this, it just seems you have to be signed up and paying for alot to be able to fully use this stuff
    Nope - just to distribute your completed work. The software is free. And $99 bucks a year is a damn good deal, if you ask me.

I hafta give MS credit for this one. It takes me back to the days of the C64 or Apple ][ when it didn't matter how well known you were - if you could come up with a good game on your own you could give a few friends a copy, then they'd give their friends a copy, and so on..... Many of the programmers of today were discovered this way.