Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mew Download at Toys R Us??!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Am I retarded and blind and can't see it or is there not an edit button to edit posts anymore? (smartass comments accepted)

Anyway, UPDATE!!!

This Sunday's flyer for Toys R Us mentions in the bottom right of the front page about the Mew download. It is a definite: September 30 from noon to 3PM. Details available at www.toysrusinc.com/geoffreysbirthday (you have to scroll a little past the YuGiOh and Strawberry Shortcake crap).

Make sure to use the store locator since the company up and closed 75 stores nationwide this past February (including the one right down the street from me - my home for four years!) so you can find one. Anyone in Massachusetts I suggest going to the Peabody one, but that's just shameless self-promotion because that's the one I work at now (if Medford were still open I'd be telling you to go to Medford for the same reason. Selfish little ol' me)
    ~Gaz~

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination and turn children into better human beings!" ~ Professor Membrane on Invader ZIM"

Animal Crossing Info:
    Town: Odnetnin
    Name: Gaz
    Code: 0730-7620-4738
    Fruits: Pears, Peaches
    Gates Open: Random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes, the Edit button has been removed as part of an effort to improve the stability of the board until an upgrade is in place.

@calthaer: Gold/Silver/Crystal are still the only ones with the real-time clock and day/night cycle, aren't they?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I hope my Toys R' Us actually has Mew on Saturday, considering they knew nothing about the Animal Crossing promotion a couple months back (never got any Mario items either )

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
    My guess is that since Pokemon Dungeon is coming out in another week or two it'll show up then. TRU is doing a bunch with Pokemon right now, having just released a new Pikachu GBAsp(with brighter screen) yesterday.

I've not seen any mention of anything, but theres still time before the DS/GBA release.
    What!? I've been wanting to import the European release for a long time now. Is that in-store only? An updated screen with a Pikachu design would be so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryomancer
    How'd you get celebi? japanese coloseeum bonus disc? Does that work with US carts?

or was there another giveaway i missed?
    Pokemon Tour Across America gave it away. I believe that was around the early summer time.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho
    @calthaer: Gold/Silver/Crystal are still the only ones with the real-time clock and day/night cycle, aren't they?
    G/S/C are still the only ones with the day/night cycle, but they are not the only ones with the real-time clock.

Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald has a clock, and berries grow and you can water them every so many real-time hours - but the game never really becomes "night" or "day" in terms of changing the way the outdoor areas look.

BUT - the R/S/E clock DOES change whether Eevee can evolve into Espeon or Umbreon based on whether it's a.m. or p.m.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

So this is one per "customer" right? I have like....2 fire reds, 2 leaf greens, 3 rubies and 2 sapphires i think. I should be entitled to a few freakin mews for actually buying all those damn carts, heh.

Maybe I could get some people to go with and go two at a time and swap out the GBAs or something.

And what's up with it only being a three hour window? That's messed up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

About a year or two ago - right when Fire Red / Leaf Green was first released - TRU did a similar event. You could come to the store on a Saturday and get a poster, a promo card, and then you could trade for "a favorite Pokemon" or something.

The guy at the store who was doing the trading had no idea; we had to show him how to do it. But basically what Nintendo had done was send each store a normal game cartridge that had its boxes completely filled with various Pokemon - in that case, it was all the ones that were available only on one version or the other (Ekans, Slowpoke, etc.).

This is unlike what they did with Celebi and the "Top 20" this summer - those cartridges were special ones, and could give out an unlimited number of Celebi characters.

This is why it says that Mew is only available "while supplies last." I'm not sure how many Pokemon can be stored in a normal game cartridge's boxes, but it is highly likely that whatever that number is - that's the number of Mews that are available at any given TRU.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to the TRU near me - there were no posters up about it or anything. What's the deal?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calthaer
    About a year or two ago - right when Fire Red / Leaf Green was first released - TRU did a similar event. You could come to the store on a Saturday and get a poster, a promo card, and then you could trade for "a favorite Pokemon" or something.

I was in charge of that event when I worked at TRU...still have the Leaf Green cart as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm debating whether or not to go. I'll probably forget about it on the 30th anyway.

I probably won't feel as much shame as I should if I do go.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Back when the original Pokemon red and blue came out they had the same thing going, only back then it was a contest. You got to peel off some sticker off of a sheet that they had and if you got mew you could bring in your copy, and have them plug mew in, my brother won and got it on his. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was almost ready to give up. I cannot find a used copy of a GBA pokemon game. They just don't exist around here! I don't know why but people seem to be holding onto them like they're Mario games or something. Actually that's not true, EB had a few copies for sale, but they were 3 bucks less than getting a copy new. Whoop-dee-do.

So I was starting to get pretty pissed. Then I saw just now, online, that Pokemon FireRed is being made a greatest hits. [link]

Awesome! It's supposed to be released September 25, giving me 5 days to pick it up before the event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So has no one tried the old Catch Mew trick?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Quote Originally Posted by Limbofunk
    Quote Originally Posted by calthaer

I was in charge of that event when I worked at TRU...still have the Leaf Green cart as well.
    You should dump the cart, or backup and distro the save file 8)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's some confirmation that FireRed and LeafGreen are going to be made player's choice titles: []link]

It doesn't say when they're supposed to be released though. EBGames.com says it should be today: []link]. But I went to three stores today and they were all regular price. Hopefully they'll mark them down by Friday!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn I wish there was an edit button.

Quote Originally Posted by IGN.com
    Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2, Mario Kart Super Circuit, The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past/Four Swords, Pokemon LeafGreen and Pokemon FireRed will be re-released on October 2nd with the Player's Choice brand for a suggested retail price of $19.99. Like the previous games in the Player's Choice series, the content within will remain unchanged.
    Damn! It looks like its going to be too late to get it as a player's choice, but I really don't want to spend full price on it. But if I don't get it by September 30th I can't get Mew. Damn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just phoned my local Toys R Us and the guy knows nothing about getting a free Mew. I lied and told him I was calling for my daughter. I don't have any kids.

So, I think what I'll do is wait until Saturday and pop in around noon. If someone's there giving away Mew, then I'll go buy it at full price at EB (I've got some credit there). If no one is giving away Mew at Toys R Us then I'll just wait and get it cheaper on October 2nd.

I really hope someone is giving away Mew though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm really sorry about the multiple posts, but without an edit button, there's nothing I can do.

It might make sense to get the full price version in any event because of this:

Quote Originally Posted by IGN.com
    Pokemon LeafGreen and Pokemon FireRed are remakes of the classic Game Boy RPG with additional content, including Wireless Adapter support (though the Player's Choice versions will not include the Wireless Adapter as the original release did).
    When they release it as a player's choice though, they'll likely sell off the remaining non-player's choice versions at player's choice prices, right? I want the wireless adapter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Dude, you're talking about ten bucks difference. The wireless adapter itself would cost $20 to get on its own. Just cave in and get it at an online retailer. Bestbuy.com seems to have a few left.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

a) I saw PC version of Mario and Zelda at Wal-Mart earlier today, so they're definately floating around out there... of course, they hadn't bothered to change the price tags, so no idea if the price has dropped yet.

b) Nintendo stopped bundling the wireless adaptor with FireRed/LeafGreen after about the second or third printing. I've seen stores with copies both with and without the adaptor.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29