Thread: Mew Download at Toys R Us??!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r
    I just phoned my local Toys R Us and the guy knows nothing about getting a free Mew. I lied and told him I was calling for my daughter. I don't have any kids.

So, I think what I'll do is wait until Saturday and pop in around noon. If someone's there giving away Mew, then I'll go buy it at full price at EB (I've got some credit there). If no one is giving away Mew at Toys R Us then I'll just wait and get it cheaper on October 2nd.

I really hope someone is giving away Mew though!
    You have to at least be far enough in the game to be able to trade pokemon(since you have to trade for mew) so be sure you've got enough time to speed through the game to that point.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson
    Nintendo stopped bundling the wireless adaptor with FireRed/LeafGreen after about the second or third printing. I've seen stores with copies both with and without the adaptor.
    Is it obvious on the box whether the wireless adapter is included?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Nintendo stopped bundling the wireless adaptor with FireRed/LeafGreen after about the second or third printing. I've seen stores with copies both with and without the adaptor.
    Is it obvious on the box whether the wireless adapter is included?
    Yes.

RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Just got back from it, with a brand new Mew, along with a "magazine" filled with blatant advertisements and a nice sticker set. I felt sorry for the poor guy running the show, he had no idea what he was doing. Apparently they just loaded a bunch of Mew(s) into the PC Boxes, and after he went through the initial six, he had to consult a printout to figure out what to do next. It should be a lot easier once the DS generation comes around.

I was surprised to see a lot of older (ie, college age and up) fans there. I also seemed to cause a disturbance when talking to another fan I mentioned that the new voices on the TV show were "not bad". Ah, nothing like upsetting purists.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Took my kids to the Dover, Delaware TRU today so they could get the Mew. There were a TON of people there, old and young, and we waited in line for a good 20 minutes or so. It wasn't so bad, as all the kids got to talk to each other and whatnot.

Thankfully, the guy doing our downloading knew what he was doing and was pretty cool and everything.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had the pleasure of running the event for my Toys R Us. Lucky me. OK, first of all, one of my co-workers left me an instruction booklet that was sent to us for the event. It was the Celebi distribution manual from the Journey Across America tour. So I was confused because I read the instructions on the website about how you had to trade a pokémon for Mew and Celebi was a special download. It got my hopes up b/c I was hoping the website was wrong and the Mew distribution would go like Celebi. If only it were that easy. Yesterday morning we open up the stuff for the event and there's a different instruction manual, this one the proper instruction manual for Mew. I don't know WHY we got the Celebi manual too. And lo, it is not a special downloading cartridge like Celebi, it's a copy of FireRed with every box in the PC and the 6 party spots full with nothing but Mew. Which is cool in its own right. However, to have to initiate a trade with each customer, then have to switch out for new Mews every six trades was tedious and time consuming.

So, the event was supposed to last from noon to 3PM. We had people lining up at 11 in the RZone. I started at 11:50 to get a jumpstart. We had to move the line from the RZone to the front of the store (the "seasonal" section) because it outgrew the RZone. My managers cut off the line at 1ish and didn't allow anyone else to get in line. I finished the lucky ones who got in line at roughly 4:40. My manager felt bad for the kids who she had to turn away and asked me if I'd come in at 7AM this morning. I agreed, and we had a special extra hour for a handful of the people who didn't get in line yesterday. That was only about 15 extra people this morning at 7. The people both yesterday and today - kids, parents and teenage/adult pokéfans - that were ridiculously grateful to me. I felt like a Pokémon Goddess.

So, in essence, I got paid to play Pokémon for 4 hours yesterday and almost 2 hours this morning. However, I sat in front of that line for four hours straight yesterday without a break. My only consolation is that I had first and last dibs on that cartridge. Not only did I get 4 Mews (two of them are actually for my boyfriend since he couldn't make it) I also got dibs on any of the traded Pokémon that I wanted. Thanks to the kids in line yesterday and this morning I got 3 different shapes of Unown, 2 eggs, 2 Igglybuffs, a Torchic, a Treecko, a HootHoot and a Vaporeon, which saves me a bit of time and trading effort on my own part.

I doubt I could get away with keeping that cartridge. Nintendo sent us two copies of FireRed loaded with nothing but Mew and they stated in the paperwork that everything would be picked up by the Nintendo rep on their October visit. Now my region's rep is a really cool guy and he hooks me up with tons of swag and gives me the GameCube demo discs and once gave me a copy of DK Jungle Beat, but if he has to return stuff that has to be accounted for, he won't bend. And I know this b/c I've begged for GBA and DS demo carts and he said they have to be sent back and kept track of. I dunno. Maybe I'll luck out. I mean, Limbofunk said he got to keep the LeafGreen from the event he did 2 years ago. I won't be able to beg for myself, though. I won't be working the day the Nintendo rep comes in cuz I'm in school now. *sigh* can't win 'em all.
    ~Gaz~

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination and turn children into better human beings!" ~ Professor Membrane on Invader ZIM"

Animal Crossing Info:
    Town: Odnetnin
    Name: Gaz
    Code: 0730-7620-4738
    Fruits: Pears, Peaches
    Gates Open: Random

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Did you get to keep the instructions or anything? Would be a cool scan.

My store was fairly dead once the "i don't know what i'm doing" of the person in charge of trading was filtered out. Me and the woman got one each, we were going to get back in line and get more but...we didn't. Oh well.

So mine has an OT of MYSTRY even though the cart's trainer was named RED. "Fateful encounter" as well. Interesting.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I waited over an hour, but not too much over an hour. The guy at that TRU was giving out one per cartridge, so I nabbed 3. Which is great.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Got any spare Celebis? I'd be willing to mail my cart out to get a legit Celebi trade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I waited in line for 15 minutes on my break, but ended up hanging my GBA off to a friend that was also there, on account of having to get back to work.

He said it was ridiculous how many people there had brought DSs and not GBAs-apparently even he had done it without thinking! My gba saved him that particular embarrasment, and I now have a Mew of my own for the current gen Pokemon games
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't make it - I had to help my parents renovate their new house. Growing up sucks

I did manage to do the second best thing though, I bought an old Pokemon Yellow cart and gamesharked Mew into it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I did manage to do the second best thing though, I bought an old Pokemon Yellow cart and gamesharked Mew into it
    To reiterate my previous question yet again: doesn't that mess up your Hall of Fame?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho
    To reiterate my previous question yet again: doesn't that mess up your Hall of Fame?
    No idea - what's the hall of fame do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

No idea - what's the hall of fame do?
    Hall of Fame records what team you used to defeat the Elite Four. And Gameshark probably won't do anything terrible to it... finding and capturing Missingno. (which was only possible on Red and Blue though) tends to mess up your Hall of Fame. But then again, who really bothers with that much anyway? *L*

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hall of Fame records what team you used to defeat the Elite Four. And Gameshark probably won't do anything terrible to it... finding and capturing Missingno. (which was only possible on Red and Blue though) tends to mess up your Hall of Fame. But then again, who really bothers with that much anyway? *L*
    It'd be a shame to irreversably mess up a saved game you put 100+ hours into.

The Missingno bug was in Yellow too, as I recall.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, using a gameshark with a copy of pokemon yellow is a no-no. It deleted my save file. Actually, it seemed to work fine when I was using my GB Color, buy I tried it through my GBA SP, and it deleted my save.

I was only ~5 hours in, but still, that sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

It'd be a shame to irreversably mess up a saved game you put 100+ hours into.
    Probably the reason I bought Red about a year after Blue. I couldn't find anyone else to trade Pokemon with, so basically I used my copy of Red as my "Shark-able" copy, and then traded some Level 5 starters and Red exclusives onto my Blue copy.

Never messed with the stats though. Couldn't figure out the hex codes anyway *L*.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I can't find the other two Pokemon download event threads that are more than likely more recent than this one, but there is going to be a free Mewtwo distributed over the GSA started February 12th.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

The Mewtwo is live a day early (meaning today).

There's also an Arceus available in the Dream World if you use the password ARCEUSVOTE on the promotions section.

I've been pretty lazy getting the promotions for this generation, seeing how most of the Wonder Cards are available online for download; you can "distribute it" to yourself or anyone else as many times as you want, and whenever you want.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

There is a Darkrai available for download from now till June 10th.