Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 330

Thread: Nintendo Wii to launch November 19th at $249.99

  1. #21
    ServBot (Level 11) s1lence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Minnesota : Bitterville
    Posts
    3,159
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

    Default

    I find it funny that some of you are bitching about the ZOMG 250 dollar price tag. Its cheaper then the 360 its WAY cheaper then the PS3, but oh noes it has a pack in game that pushes the price up. I guess if you don't want the pack in game, wait because I'm sure the price will drop or they won't include a game at some point in time.

    Including a game seems to make sence to selling to the masses though. Just about everytime I go to a store and a older parent/grandparent buys a system they ask if it includes a game in the box and then procede to complain that there isnt a game included.

    As for the release date, I actually think its a good idea. Think about it, parent wants to buy kid new game system for x-mas. PS3 will most likely not be avalible that weekend, but HEY there is the new nintendo here and its cheaper, I'll get that.

    Just my two cents.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew


  2. #22
    Cherry (Level 1) lordnikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    363
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I find the Pricing of the Wii downloadable classic games to be absurd. 5-10 dollars is too expensive, since you can buy the actual carts for cheaper.

    To put this in another perspective:

    The upcoming Sega Genesis collection for the Playstation 2 will have a grand total of 31 titles (including the 3 unlockable games). This collection will be retailing for an MSRP of $19.99.

    To buy all of these games on the Wii... in downloadable format... would cost you:

    31 x 5 = $155.00

    Yea. Crazy.
    www.onlineconsoles.com - network gaming for the Dreamcast, GameCube and Playstation 2

  3. #23
    Kirby (Level 13) Griking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,548
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kai123
    I don't want Wii Sports.....people talk about sony and MS shoving stuff down your throat. Wouldn't the system be alot cheaper without a game? Also I would rather have two controllers instead of Wii Sports, or maybe the regular style controller and a Wiimote.
    Wow, people seem to always find something to complain about

    If you don't like sports simple, don't play it but I can't see how Nintendo including a pack in game win the Wii is anything less than great news.

  4. #24
    Crono (Level 14)
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,331
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordnikon
    I find the Pricing of the Wii downloadable classic games to be absurd. 5-10 dollars is too expensive, since you can buy the actual carts for cheaper.

    To put this in another perspective:

    The upcoming Sega Genesis collection for the Playstation 2 will have a grand total of 31 titles (including the 3 unlockable games). This collection will be retailing for an MSRP of $19.99.

    To buy all of these games on the Wii... in downloadable format... would cost you:

    31 x 5 = $155.00

    Yea. Crazy.
    Not everyone wants all 31 of those games..... This is designed for people to download their favorite games for a small fee. Especially for those who really are not into retrogaming at all. $5-10 for a game is not bad. I mean come on, $10 for (lets play devils advocate here) Super Metroid or Earthbound or Mario Kart 64 is not that bad!!

    Also, again stop bitching about the price. It's $250 with essentially 3 games!!! The accessories are cheaper than 360, and the console is defintely less. I think everyone needs to stop whining and remember that the OTHER competition is charging $600-$700 this year for their system.

    So basically, shut up, open your wallets, and play with your Wii. Long. and Hard.
    #vbender

  5. #25
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Including a game seems to make sence to selling to the masses though. Just about everytime I go to a store and a older parent/grandparent buys a system they ask if it includes a game in the box and then procede to complain that there isnt a game included.
    I agree. Think about it, Nintendo is wanting to expand the market to older and younger players. The best way to do this is by showing how easy to use the controller is with simple games that everyone knows.

  6. #26
    Apple (Level 5) MarkMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,034
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Looks like it's all official, even though we had a sneak preview last night...

    Nintendo Wii
    November 19
    $249.99

    Nintendo plans to ship 4 million total units from launch until year's end. The Wii will be available from over 25,000 locations in the U.S. alone.

    http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732707p1.html

    All the news there.

    Lots of talk about the Wii Channels and Wii connect.

    Zelda gauranteed launch title, GameCube Zelda on Dec. 11th. Ouch.

    All I gotta say is.

    I'm preordering my shit today.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

    Idle

  7. #27
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    The Wii connect and Mii look amazing.


  8. #28
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    "MSRP: $249. One price, one config, one color: white. This simplicity allows us to maximize volume throughout the Americas. Our shipment goal worldwide is 4M consoles during the 43 days between launch and Dec 31. The Americas will receive the largest share, a continuous flow of units."
    Still a little upset about there being only one color.

  9. #29
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    895
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fame
    "MSRP: $249. One price, one config, one color: white. This simplicity allows us to maximize volume throughout the Americas. Our shipment goal worldwide is 4M consoles during the 43 days between launch and Dec 31. The Americas will receive the largest share, a continuous flow of units."
    Still a little upset about there being only one color.
    I'm upset because all Nintendo has been whining about is that Wii is for everyone, we NOW, they are packaging the console with only one set of controllers. How stupid is that move I ask you ? x_x

  10. #30
    Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,215
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Well, I've been thinking for months that it was going to be $250, and anything lower would've just been a nice bonus. What is a nice bonus, is that Wii sports is going to be a pack in. That makes me pretty happy.

    So uh, are EB and GS taking pre-orders yet?
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

  11. #31
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geneshifter
    Quote Originally Posted by fame
    "MSRP: $249. One price, one config, one color: white. This simplicity allows us to maximize volume throughout the Americas. Our shipment goal worldwide is 4M consoles during the 43 days between launch and Dec 31. The Americas will receive the largest share, a continuous flow of units."
    Still a little upset about there being only one color.
    I'm upset because all Nintendo has been whining about is that Wii is for everyone, we NOW, they are packaging the console with only one set of controllers. How stupid is that move I ask you ? x_x
    That seems to be the only thing that is upsetting me about the details. An extra wiimote is $39.99. Then, if you want to add the nunchuk attachment it's another $19.99. Having to pick up another controller for that much kinda knocks me out of buying another extra game.

    Oh, I just read over at Engadget that the first Wii online game will be a Pokemon game. It will launch in Japan on Dec. 2, followed shortly by a US launch.

  12. #32
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    895
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

    Default

    Yes, so for a total of just uder $500 I can play double tennis. No thanks.

  13. #33
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geneshifter
    Yes, so for a total of just uder $500 I can play double tennis. No thanks.
    Uh, $280 isn't quite $500 bud.

  14. #34
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    895
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 189
    Quote Originally Posted by geneshifter
    Yes, so for a total of just uder $500 I can play double tennis. No thanks.
    Uh, $280 isn't quite $500 bud.
    No no, it's $265 or so after taxes for the base package. Then, around $210 for 3 more sets of the controllers. So, to play doubles tennis, close to $500.

  15. #35
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geneshifter
    Quote Originally Posted by 189
    Quote Originally Posted by geneshifter
    Yes, so for a total of just uder $500 I can play double tennis. No thanks.
    Uh, $280 isn't quite $500 bud.
    No no, it's $265 or so after taxes for the base package. Then, around $210 for 3 more sets of the controllers. So, to play doubles tennis, close to $500.
    Ah, I see what you're saying. Sorry about that.

  16. #36
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    895
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 189
    Quote Originally Posted by geneshifter
    Quote Originally Posted by 189
    Quote Originally Posted by geneshifter
    Yes, so for a total of just uder $500 I can play double tennis. No thanks.
    Uh, $280 isn't quite $500 bud.
    No no, it's $265 or so after taxes for the base package. Then, around $210 for 3 more sets of the controllers. So, to play doubles tennis, close to $500.
    Ah, I see what you're saying. Sorry about that.
    No problem. I can't edit my typos with the migration and all. I am really disappointed in Nintendo for not taking FULL advantage of the current situation.

  17. #37
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    868
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    4 million consoles will be shipped! Nice! Roughly 10x the number of PS3s available. Hopefully I will be able to simply walk into a store and find one! No camping this year for me. Fall is already starting to hit around here, and is reminding me how much sitting out in cold weather sucks.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

  18. #38
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    895
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

    Default

    I hope that most games do not need the nuncheck. Then, it's only closer to $400 for doubles tennis.

    I'm obsessed with 4 player action since this is being bought for my nephews and they will all want to play together.

  19. #39
    Pretzel (Level 4) AMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    910
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I think it's funny how Nintendo have said from the beginning that this console is being aimed at the so called "non gamers." Yet it's priced higher than any Nintendo console before it. With the most expensive controllers to boot.

    Will I buy one? Sure. But is $249.00 attractive to people who have no interest in gaming? No.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

  20. #40
    Kirby (Level 13) diskoboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Nash-vegas, TN.
    Posts
    5,212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

    Default

    I have to be the first to say - I don't like this price point and am definately gonna wait on a price drop or two.

    $199 (even with Wii Sports) seems a little more fitting. Especially for a system that is barely more powerful than the Xbox 1.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 02:40 PM
  2. Xbox One Set To Launch On November 22 [Slashdot]
    By DP ServBot in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 12:40 PM
  3. PS4 Launch Date: November 15th [Slashdot]
    By DP ServBot in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 09:50 PM
  4. WTB: Nintendo Power November 2010 Issue
    By marcus12024 in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 07:59 AM
  5. Why do systems launch in November compared to old systems?
    By dbiersdorf in forum Modern Gaming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 02:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •