Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GAMERS UNITE ARTICLE #1: I CALL FOR THE END

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Gamers Unites Article 2: We Must be United!

Quote Originally Posted by DrJustinRamone
    Quote Originally Posted by J2games
    As the first of the Gamers Unite! articles seemed to garner an opinion from everyone, we'd like to let you know articles #2 and #3 are now posted:

http://www.j2games.com/new/forum.php....msg196#msg196

and Gamers Unite The Show (G.UT.S.) will be coming to J2Games.com and on Podcast shortly!

Please chime in, tell us what you think!
    I read some of #2 and I've gotta say that RCM just wheels himself out there like he's the second coming of Dave Halverson (but even Dave Halverson shows more restraint these days). What makes magazines like Play easier to stomach than writing like this (when both are targeting the same 'hardcore' demographic) is that Play doesn't feel the need to constantly remind you exactly who it is that they're pandering to, but instead let the writing speak for itself. The casual and Madden gamers won't get anything out of it and will move along to safer waters, wheras all I'm getting out of the pieces above is "HEY MAN I'M ON YOUR SIDE, FUCK THE CORPORATIONS, RAH RAH RAH!" People with a brain will figure out which side to root for regardless of the tenacity of the cheerleaders.

Maybe if the writing weren't so self-serving and showed a true "passion" instead of someone's hunger for attention then there wouldn't be so much negative feedback so far. The fact that a podcast is taking place in order to commemorate the feedback from this "article" says all you need to know: someone wasn't afraid to jerk off their own ego for a little bit.
    The whole point of article 2 was simply to show what my aim for the column is. It was neither meant to be self serving or a call for attention, although the more readers the better.

Right now I have a few podcasts in the works, the first exploring the aim of GUTS and then clarifying what I thought was pretty clear in the first article. before the first article was posted it was always my aim for the podcast to address feedback and even expand on what was already written as well as producing exclusive audio only content.

I don't expect people to take to me instantly but I hope to change folks minds in the future. What started out as a hobby writing about games for gamers has turned into a full time deal where I've been involved in print, television, web, and other industry stuff.

I've always kept it real for true gamers and ultimately I serve all of you whether you hate me or not. If gaming is in your heart and you know it's real I'm here for you.

I know I'll always have my share of enemies, esp. around these parts, but to everyone else I ask is to give GU! a chance and accept that my intentions are good natured and truly selfless. I truly regret that I came off any other way.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LAGO
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom Gaze
    Unreal Tournament 2007: retard++ lol editon.
    Is this out yet? If not i'm putting in a preorder.
    no its not out yet, but you can preorder it.

you know of all the games i have played Unreal Tournament has been the most consistant.

sure they are working on their fourth but the basics of the game is, run arround, shoot people and mabe grab a flag or a ball.

they come out with new ones but the game really doesent ever change as a game, the graphics get an update to better fit new hardware, mabe tweak a few weapons fix a few bugs and make new maps but as a whole its pretty much the same cinsistant thing with minor changes that keep it interesting to me, thats why i like UT.

and the graphics dont really push the hardware, they make it fit the top end hardware thats out currently. they arent out there makin games that are so far out there with the graphical details the biggest supercomputer cant run them. that pisses me off

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Quote Originally Posted by RCM
    ultimately I serve all of you whether you hate me or not.
    Remember the ego maniac comment? This is what they're talking about. You don't serve me now nor will you *ever* serve me.

Do I hate you? Not at all - I'd actually have to care enough to know you to hate you. You're just a guy on the internet with an opinion. (Just like, you know, *everybody* on the internet...)

I serve myself, by buying what I like. Thanks for the offer though!
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tell developers, as should everyone else, what types of games that I want to play by buying said games. Yeah, I am of the opinion that Madden fans are idiots... just as much as they laugh their collective asses off at me when I go into a game shop and buy a game they would surely say sucks or is sooo old.

Just cause you don't like what they are hawking doesn't mean they shouldn't sell it. Truth is, when it is no longer profitable that is when they will move on. Not one second before.

I'm not pro-Gamestop/EB. Not by any stretch but, please, don't pull that BS on people. It's not piracy so kwitcherbitchin'. Same rule applies here as above. No profit, then they won't sell it. Simple. The very last thing the gaming industry needs is to take a aggresive stance against it's consumers like the RIAA and MPAA have these last 5 or so years.

Vote with your money.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RCM, I don't question your good intentions, but I have to say it again: the stuff you produced (I wouldn't call it articles) is just plain babble. It is not substantially provocative at all. It isn't about passion or the wrong tone either. It is about the intelligence level.

It seems to me that your ego is a bit too big and your abilities a bit too small.

Don't try to be provocative and produce adolescent simplistic criticism. Try to address and answer questions. You make reality way too simple. Reading your stuff doesn't provoce me to say something about aspects of the industry you barked at. It just gets out of me a bored BLAH.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I gave both of these articles a read, mainly due to the fact that this particular topic was noted as a 'hot' discussion. I probably would have not bothered otherwise.

I perfectly understand the point you're trying to make with your article. But it all comes off as sophomoric. Passionate, yet immature. You might get some folks to rally behind your cause, but do you truly, deeply, in your heart of hearts, believe that this is going to accomplish anything at all, other than provide you with a way to vent your feelings?

The internet is a vast, tremendous vessel for complaining, bitching, moaning, and other such acts. I think your article is drowned out buy the overwhelming din of 'the internet'.

I look at it as one of those online petitions. Sure, they might have a good point, but who is going to take it seriously? The comapny/entity the petition is aimed at? Most likely not.

If you really want to make a difference, and feel good about what you're doing, vote with your money. Then you know that YOU are doing what you feel is right. But understand that the world will continue on course, regardless if you get a small band of 'true gamers' to do the same. Because the general populace cannot and will not understand your stance, regardless of loudly you proclaim it, and they are what drives the retail model of videogames.

I don't mean to knock you personally as a writer or anything like that, my apologies if I have done so. I just don't think the idea is worth the time invested.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    I stopped paying attention after the bitching and moaning about Gamestop selling used games is ripping of Game companies.

Ya I know blah blah People who play Madden are assholes and they arent hardcore like me with my newest import game about a spiky haired kid on a quest for love in the Drazulon empire...

IF thats the way he feels he can quit bitching he wants the game industry to crash to an end and just pretend it did. Dont ever buy another new game and you dont have to worry about it. No more Can Madden and Tony Hawk cause you to claw your eyes out in rage when some of those worthless dumbass casual players talk about the games they like in public as you hold back the urge to scream at them what idiots they are for not purchasing MUKI TOKO HARISHABII which is like totally unique and awesome.

Plus I wont have to read garbage like this again.
    I can't add anything to this, so I won't try.

Keep on ragin' against the machine, dude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I dont care if RCM wrote it, I just want the past 20 minutes of my life back that I spent reading it. Give it back damnit! It's my time you just wasted on the PoS article! Change happens when enough people want it to. Not before. Want gaming to change? Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

http://www.gamecootie.com/

You want REAL game journalism read the little snippets by that guy "Sothy" Damn hes good.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://j2games.com/new/forum/index.p...fd&topic=113.0

I just had to bump this back up! There's a new article up that is a bit different from the earlier stuff. ENjoy
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J2games
    Gamers Unite! responds to some of the comments:

http://www.j2games.com/new/forum.php....msg195#msg195
    I only have one thing to say and that is you sir are an ASS!
    listen......you smell something??

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still get the same vibe got from the other articles.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Ooooh, "The mainstream media cannot be trusted!" Got any more brain busters?
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end