Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Default Zelda: Twilight Princess on GCN vs. Wii

Aside from the screen res, are there any known major differences between the GCN and the Wii versions of Twilight Princess? Obviously, the game won't control the same way with the wiimote/nunchuk and the GCN controller, but will the game itself be differnt at all (ie. extra missions or what not in the Wii version)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only difference I know now, is the release date

Nov. 19th for Wii

Dec. 11th for GCN.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally, I think the release date is a clever ploy for Nintendo do get more of their fan base buying a Wii. With a game like Zelda, knowing that it's available out there, but you just need a Wii to play it, well every day that they can't play it is like torture. I guarantee you that this 23 day delay is going to sell them more Wii systems. There are a large number of hardcore Nintendo fanboys with GameCube's that would have gladly purchased the GameCube version, and while they really want a Wii, they were going to wait on one till later, but the fact that they are going to have to wait an additional 23 days, is going to get them to go into major debt on their credit cards. They aren't going to be able to wait. The only people that are going to be able to wait, are the people who's credit cards are already maxed out, and they have no choice. It's a brilliant but devious move by Nintendo to do that.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Oh yeah, because we'd all rather not have a major Nintendo game release coming out with the Wii...

And for fuck's sake, you make it sound like the Wii version will cost twice as much as the GCN one. The price difference is $10. Now, if the only difference is the control scheme and the screen res, it's not worth it. But how do you know that it'll be the exact 100% same game on both platforms?

I want concrete info from anyone who might know if there is any difference or not in terms of game contents. And maybe no one knows right now, except for Nintendo insiders. Either way, I was asking for info, not a fucking mad rant about how it's a fucking conspiration by Nintendo...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye
    Oh yeah, because we'd all rather not have a major Nintendo game release coming out with the Wii...

And for fuck's sake, you make it sound like the Wii version will cost twice as much as the GCN one. The price difference is $10. Now, if the only difference is the control scheme and the screen res, it's not worth it. But how do you know that it'll be the exact 100% same game on both platforms?

I want concrete info from anyone who might know if there is any difference or not in terms of game contents. And maybe no one knows right now, except for Nintendo insiders. Either way, I was asking for info, not a fucking mad rant about how it's a fucking conspiration by Nintendo...

Damn, what are you tripping on. All I said was that I was quite a bit suprised by the fact that the Cube version is being delayed 23 days from the Wii version. I didn't say that it cost $10 more or anything like that! Excuse the F outta me!!! x_x

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

You've been a whiny fanboy all afternoon, whining left and right about what a ripoff the Wii will be, etc. etc. etc. when in fact, it's following traditional trends in console history.

And now, I ask a simple, straight-to-the-point question, and you have to fucking threadjack it with SPECULATION on why Nintendo is delaying the GCN release. We aren't dumbasses, we can all figure out that it's a strategic decision (well, duh!). So if you don't have any CONCRETE answer to give me, stay out of this discussion.

In any case, IF I were to get a Wii in November, I'd still wait till December to get Twilight Princess to see if there's any major difference between the two releases, unless they were confirmed before that.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye
    You've been a whiny fanboy all afternoon, whining left and right about what a ripoff the Wii will be, etc. etc. etc. when in fact, it's following traditional trends in console history.

And now, I ask a simple, straight-to-the-point question, and you have to fucking threadjack it with SPECULATION on why Nintendo is delaying the GCN release. We aren't dumbasses, we can all figure out that it's a strategic decision (well, duh!). So if you don't have any CONCRETE answer to give me, stay out of this discussion.

In any case, IF I were to get a Wii in November, I'd still wait till December to get Twilight Princess to see if there's any major difference between the two releases, unless they were confirmed before that.

If the Wii was a total ripoff, I wouldn't be buying one. Being a little dissapointed with the launch price, and the price of extra controllers, is hardly calling it a ripoff! And as far as it being priced according to traditional trends in console history, I don't disagree with that, but I wasn't the one claiming how my system would be the most affordable, and how I was going to attrack non-gamers and how it would be below $250 and all that crap. That was Nintendo. If Nintendo wasn't boasting so much about how cheap it was going to be, I wouldn't even have blinked an eye. I guess one penny below $250 counts as below $250, but still, you get the idea.

as for me threadjacking, all I did was come in and make a comment about how I was kinda shocked by the 23 day delay. I could have started my own thread about that, but then I would have all the resident Nintendo Fanboys calling me a Bill Gates lover and a Kaz Hirai lover, which is what you guys do anyways. Around here, it appears you can't say a single thing that could be possibly interpreted as less than positive in regards to Nintendo. If you question anything about what Nintendo is doing, you get absolutely blasted. Oh well, all the hate hasn't bothered me before. I'll continue to have my opinions and I'll continue to voice them, and if people want to get their panties in a bunch over it, that's there problem.

On topic, to my knowledge, the only differences are a slight bump in textures, the 480p resolution and the use of the speaker on the Wii-Mote in addition to of course the play mechanics with the Wii controller. From the various podcasts that I've listened to from IGN and GameSpot and 1up and the Editors there that have had actual gametime with the Wii version, they actually prefer to control it with a regular Cube controller. So maybe the Cube version would be a decent version to have. Of course you know me, I'm the resident graphics whore, and high end electronics elitist on these boards, so I'll be opting for the 480p version. lol.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan
    The only difference I know now, is the release date

Nov. 19th for Wii

Dec. 11th for GCN.
    That early? I thought it was delayed to 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"The only people that are going to be able to wait, are the people who's credit cards are already maxed out, and they have no choice. It's a brilliant but devious move by Nintendo to do that."

Or the people that don't want to be swinging their arms around to play a Zelda title such as myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've only heard about control scheme differences, like casting the wii-mote like a fishing rod and stuff like that. Fortunately GameVube controllers plug into the wii, so if thats the best way to control it, I'll be set.

Side note: Yeah Lady Jaye!!!! I always love when Anthony gets a dose of truth. Let him have it.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Somebody said that the Wii version would only use the Wii control. I have heard no confirmation of that, but it's dumb anyway if true.
    There is no reason why the Wii cant use both controls.

At the same time, there is no reason why the Gamecube version shouldn't have 480p. Where was this stated? I know its hard to get a hold of the cables, but still. How hard is it to add progressive scan when it's already in the other version?
    I was hoping that the Wii cables would be interchangeable with the GC component cables. The ports do look very similar.

Right now, perhaps worse than the price of the Wii, is the fact that it has no really spectacular launch titles. Zelda doesn't count because it's not exclusive. I was going to get Metroid and wait on Zelda. Now I may end up ditching the whole this (which I have reserved) on ebay.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This interview clickmakes me think that there's more than just control differences. Also, Miyamoto said more recently that in the Wii version, Link is right handed, since most people will swing the sword with their right hand. In the GCN version, Link uses his left.

Anthony, I have no issues with your posts really, I'm a lurker much more than a poster and I read many of your posts all the way through. But, for the love of God, it's attract, not attrack. Sorry, that was bugging me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

great, we can't edit posts and i don't know how to make a link.

hooray!

this better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

It's hilarious how everybody just assumes that they will have found a Wii by the time the Gamecube version of Zelda is released...and actually get to choose which version to get.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDragon
    At the same time, there is no reason why the Gamecube version shouldn't have 480p. Where was this stated? I know its hard to get a hold of the cables, but still. How hard is it to add progressive scan when it's already in the other version?
    Nintendo confirmed at E3 that the GC version won't have progressive scan. It's mentioned in last months Game Informer.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eggwolio

Anthony, I have no issues with your posts really, I'm a lurker much more than a poster and I read many of your posts all the way through. But, for the love of God, it's attract, not attrack. Sorry, that was bugging me.

Yeah, the lack of the edit button is really killing me. You see, my normal style is that I type things out super quick and just hit "Submit" and then later I go back and edit out all my mistakes, but with no edit button, obviously that's not possible. I can assure you that I know my grammer and whatnot, lol, but I just type crap super fast and I like to post it right away. I'm going to have to force myself to learn to use the "Preview" button more often, lol.

by the way, my use of "whatnot" was a joke, I hope you got that.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by eggwolio
    Also, Miyamoto said more recently that in the Wii version, Link is right handed, since most people will swing the sword with their right hand. In the GCN version, Link uses his left.
    Being a leftie this detail had not gone un-noticed by myself that Link in all the Wii shots so far was holding the sword in his right when in every game previous he's been holding it in his left.

Having said that, I'm a fucked-up-in-the-brain leftie who can play rightie perfectly well at the same level. Needless to say I'd probably play all Wii games with the nunchuck in left and Wiimote in right anyhow. It's how I work it currently, I always have the look-around on right stick even though I'm left handed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a Kaz Hirai lover,
    Who?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiDragon
    Nintendo confirmed at E3 that the GC version won't have progressive scan. It's mentioned in last months Game Informer.
    well there is always 480i on the gamecube version at least you can still get use out of your component cables

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am pretty sure 480i is the same thing as "regular" TV.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026