Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zelda: Twilight Princess on GCN vs. Wii

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDragon
    I am pretty sure 480i is the same thing as "regular" TV.
    well 480i uses the component cable that 480p uses while "regular tv" does not figuratively speaking. Its all high definition TV but not true HD 1080p like resident RGB affeciendos would say.

thats a nice choice of avatar btw ... however I'm not sure what you mean by regular tv. If you mean a composite cable connection (red,white,yellow cable) then no its not the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What the hell? The Gamecube version doesn't support 480p? Well, that is certainly disappointing, although I'm still holding out for the GC version since I have no plans to buy a Wii anytime soon. I just hope the GC version actually comes out. The backlash against Nintendo would probably be pretty bad if they cancelled it at this late hour, but you never know. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

as lonf as you have a HD capable monitor with a good refresh setting 480I should own you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Personally, I think the release date is a clever ploy for Nintendo do get more of their fan base buying a Wii.
    No, not really a "clever" ploy, just basic common sense. When a Zelda game is announced, it's generally the most anticipated title of the year. Maybe not to YOU, but to the general populace that utilizes video games for entertainment (or as their life).

There are a large number of hardcore Nintendo fanboys with GameCube's that would have gladly purchased the GameCube version, and while they really want a Wii, they were going to wait on one till later..."
    Hardcore Nintendo Fanboys are not going to be content with the GameCube version of the game. Nintendo fanboys want a Wii right now, although they haven't seen, smelled, touched, or ate one yet. The hardcore fanboys have already folded peices of paper to create a mock Wiimote for their wall of Nintendo. I don't understand the logic behind hardcore followers preferring the outdated version as opposed to the unknown future, which is where their blind faith shines brightest.

...but the fact that they are going to have to wait an additional 23 days, is going to get them to go into major debt on their credit cards. They aren't going to be able to wait. The only people that are going to be able to wait, are the people who's credit cards are already maxed out, and they have no choice. It's a brilliant but devious move by Nintendo to do that."
    I really, really, REALLY can't comprehend how you've repeated this point on more than one occassion. If a $300 dollar purchase, that you know you will make 2 months ahead of time, really puts you in "major debt", you've probably got other things to concentrate on other than yout gaming habit. Matter of fact, if 300 dollars is a "major debt" at anytime in your life, you should probably look into putting job applications in at the other child labor factories. True, the guy that just got hurt at work and is being refused workers comp so he is feeding his 3 children and wife on just the income generated through her housemaid job and welfare, wont be able to buy one for the kiddies this christmas season. BUT, as a grown individual, that is in love with the Zelda series, if you can not possibly save 300 dollars with a two month headstart before launch, you need a work ethic.

300 dollars is not major debt. 300 dollars is collecting empty aluminum cans for 30 minutes each night after work for 2 weeks.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

JJNova: Ok man, I see you've decided to join the "attack Anthony1 at any opportunity crowd", and that's great, but you are kinda overblowing this whole thing. Let me re-explain my point and see if you still vehemently disagree with me. First, I would like to say...apologies to Lady Jaye for officially fucking up her thread, but I have to answer to this ish.

Now, the point that I was trying to make up there, and obviously I must not have done a very good job of it, but the point that I was trying to make, is that there are alot of big time fans of Nintendo that aren't quite as financially equiped as you or me or maybe anybody else on these boards. Contrary to poplular opinion, there are actually people out there that have alot of financial issues, and they can't afford to drop $366.31 at the drop of a hat, regardless if it's a new Nintendo system or not. (If you want to know how I got the $366.31, then check one of the other anti-Anthony1 threads and you will come to understand what I'm talking about) Now, these same people will definitely be getting a Nintendo Wii, in the very near future, just not at launch. They will get a Wii when they can, but they can't afford to run out and get one at launch, right in the middle of the holidays, when they need a new green machine for Billy and braces for Trixie. Not everybody has $366.31 burning a hole in their pocket. Go to that other thread, and see how many people chimed in to say that they would definitely be getting a Nintendo Wii, just not right away.

Now, I already know what you are going to say. You're going to say that those people aren't true fanboys. If they aren't willing to donate blood or sperm to get a Wii, then they aren't real fanboys, well, you can have that take if you want, and maybe they aren't the super duper hardcore fanboys, but they are still very much fans of Nintendo products. So it just comes down to degrees of fanboyism.

Now, these people that I'm talking about, they really want a Nintendo Wii, but they know that they will probably have to hold off for a while before buying one. Sometime in 2007 they will be able to get one, maybe for their birthday or something like that, but they have kids and with Christmas and everything, times are just too hard, and they just can't justify shelling out $300 plus for one right now (I'm talking tax and a extra game or accessories, etc, etc). So they really want one, but they have to put in on the backburner. Now, what they do happen to have is a GameCube. And they have been dreaming of the new Zelda for a long time, and the fact of the matter is, that Zelda really is a GameCube game anyways, so they aren't going to miss a whole helluvalot by not having the Wii version. In fact, they might get a version with controls that are better for that particular game by sticking with the Cube version anyways.

But, having said all of that, the fact that Zelda is going to be available on November 19th, and you know that there is going to be tons and tons of hype surrounding that, they are going to be well aware of the fact that Zelda on store shelves now, but they had planned to get the Cube version all along. They felt they would be fine wtih the Cube version, and eventually they would be getting a Wii, but that would be later on down the road. So they had their minds made up about getting the Cube version of Zelda, but they were totally blindsided by the fact that "THEIR" version of Zelda would be delayed 23 days or whatever. And waiting 23 days is going to fucking eat away at them. That's the problem. It's going to eat at them inside. Because, even though they aren't the hardest of hardcore Nintendo fanboys, they are still big time fans of Nintendo, and big time fans of Zelda, and they want to play the game now, they don't want to wait 23 days. But again, at the same time, they got some financial issues, and they really can't afford to drop $300 like that, when they would be perfectly happy with the Cube version of Zelda. But what some of these people are going to do, is they are going to move Heaven and Earth to figure out some kind of way to get their hands on a Wii and Zelda, because they just can't deal with waiting 23 days, and that is why I said that it's a Brilliant but Devious strategy by Nintendo.

This whole thing was just a throwaway concept anyways, and it really wasn't made out to be such a big deal, I was just throwing something out there, but if you want to trip out on the whole thing, then I guess I'll go ahead and elaborate for you. Now....Do you understand what I meant? Also, I'm not trying to knock Nintendo for that, it's a great strategy on their part and if Microsoft or Sony was in the same shoes, they would do the same exact thing. It's just a smart business practice, but it's just something that when I first saw that 23 day delay, I said, "Damn, that's going to piss alot of Cube owners off to a major degree!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

JJNova: Ok man, I see you've decided to join the "attack Anthony1 at any opportunity crowd", and that's great, but you are kinda overblowing this whole thing. Let me re-explain my point and see if you still vehemently disagree with me. First, I would like to say...apologies to Lady Jaye for officially fucking up her thread, but I have to answer to this ish.

Now, the point that I was trying to make up there, and obviously I must not have done a very good job of it, but the point that I was trying to make, is that there are alot of big time fans of Nintendo that aren't quite as financially equiped as you or me or maybe anybody else on these boards. Contrary to poplular opinion, there are actually people out there that have alot of financial issues, and they can't afford to drop $366.31 at the drop of a hat, regardless if it's a new Nintendo system or not. (If you want to know how I got the $366.31, then check one of the other anti-Anthony1 threads and you will come to understand what I'm talking about) Now, these same people will definitely be getting a Nintendo Wii, in the very near future, just not at launch. They will get a Wii when they can, but they can't afford to run out and get one at launch, right in the middle of the holidays, when they need a new green machine for Billy and braces for Trixie. Not everybody has $366.31 burning a hole in their pocket. Go to that other thread, and see how many people chimed in to say that they would definitely be getting a Nintendo Wii, just not right away.

Now, I already know what you are going to say. You're going to say that those people aren't true fanboys. If they aren't willing to donate blood or sperm to get a Wii, then they aren't real fanboys, well, you can have that take if you want, and maybe they aren't the super duper hardcore fanboys, but they are still very much fans of Nintendo products. So it just comes down to degrees of fanboyism.

Now, these people that I'm talking about, they really want a Nintendo Wii, but they know that they will probably have to hold off for a while before buying one. Sometime in 2007 they will be able to get one, maybe for their birthday or something like that, but they have kids and with Christmas and everything, times are just too hard, and they just can't justify shelling out $300 plus for one right now (I'm talking tax and a extra game or accessories, etc, etc). So they really want one, but they have to put in on the backburner. Now, what they do happen to have is a GameCube. And they have been dreaming of the new Zelda for a long time, and the fact of the matter is, that Zelda really is a GameCube game anyways, so they aren't going to miss a whole helluvalot by not having the Wii version. In fact, they might get a version with controls that are better for that particular game by sticking with the Cube version anyways.

But, having said all of that, the fact that Zelda is going to be available on November 19th, and you know that there is going to be tons and tons of hype surrounding that, they are going to be well aware of the fact that Zelda on store shelves now, but they had planned to get the Cube version all along. They felt they would be fine wtih the Cube version, and eventually they would be getting a Wii, but that would be later on down the road. So they had their minds made up about getting the Cube version of Zelda, but they were totally blindsided by the fact that "THEIR" version of Zelda would be delayed 23 days or whatever. And waiting 23 days is going to fucking eat away at them. That's the problem. It's going to eat at them inside. Because, even though they aren't the hardest of hardcore Nintendo fanboys, they are still big time fans of Nintendo, and big time fans of Zelda, and they want to play the game now, they don't want to wait 23 days. But again, at the same time, they got some financial issues, and they really can't afford to drop $300 like that, when they would be perfectly happy with the Cube version of Zelda. But what some of these people are going to do, is they are going to move Heaven and Earth to figure out some kind of way to get their hands on a Wii and Zelda, because they just can't deal with waiting 23 days, and that is why I said that it's a Brilliant but Devious strategy by Nintendo.

This whole thing was just a throwaway concept anyways, and it really wasn't made out to be such a big deal, I was just throwing something out there, but if you want to trip out on the whole thing, then I guess I'll go ahead and elaborate for you. Now....Do you understand what I meant? Also, I'm not trying to knock Nintendo for that, it's a great strategy on their part and if Microsoft or Sony was in the same shoes, they would do the same exact thing. It's just a smart business practice, but it's just something that when I first saw that 23 day delay, I said, "Damn, that's going to piss alot of Cube owners off to a major degree!"
    Yeah, as much as you are trying to champion the plight of the poor man, you just don't know what you're talking about. Anyone who is in the financial situation you describe knows the ways of paycheck to paycheck living and how to track every cent to last possible second of need. These people with an experienced knowledge (x amount of money) = (x amount of time) can do less than a month of waiting with no problem, standing on their heads. If they can't afford it, they will wait, they have learned.

All your bitching on prices and strategies for the greedy Nintendo to make more profits would have more impact if we didnt all know you were faking this poor man act. If you were stretched so tight, you wouldnt be planning on buying Wii with extras AND PS3 most likely with extras at launch.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NintenDk
    well 480i uses the component cable that 480p uses while "regular tv" does not figuratively speaking. Its all high definition TV but not true HD 1080p like resident RGB affeciendos would say.

thats a nice choice of avatar btw ... however I'm not sure what you mean by regular tv. If you mean a composite cable connection (red,white,yellow cable) then no its not the same.
    I meant that it is the same resolution as normal TV, and is not progressive scan, like normal TV. A non HDTV can display 480i. I don't own an HDTV but I have many things hooked up with component cables, because they are marginally better than s-video and definitely better than composite.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Silljo

All your bitching on prices and strategies for the greedy Nintendo to make more profits would have more impact if we didnt all know you were faking this poor man act. If you were stretched so tight, you wouldnt be planning on buying Wii with extras AND PS3 most likely with extras at launch.

there are alot of big time fans of Nintendo that aren't quite as financially equiped as you or me or maybe anybody else on these boards

Man, our current education system is really failing our children. Simple understanding of reading comprehension has really gone down these days. It's quite sad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Silljo

there are alot of big time fans of Nintendo that aren't quite as financially equiped as you or me or maybe anybody else on these boards

Man, our current education system is really failing our children. Simple understanding of reading comprehension has really gone down these days. It's quite sad.
    Whatever. You either didn't see my point or refused to. Your quote admits you have more money than SOME people but doesn't eliminate all the penny pinching bitchery you've been spewing about. You can say I can't read, but the problem isn't that I can't understand what you are saying, it's that I remember what you've said before, and so I'm not buying.

I'm washing my hands of you for now. I don't have time to try and numb my brain enough to speak at you.

Got some NES to play... see ya bye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only difference between the two versions of the game is a dungeon in the Wii version where at the end Link can fuck Zelda over Ganon's corpse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by slip81
    The only difference between the two versions of the game is a dungeon in the Wii version where at the end Link can fuck Zelda over Ganon's corpse.
    Whats the Wii version rated again? Hot Coffee all over x_x

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slip81
    ...because with the added graphics power of the Wii, they were able to go "Lucas-style" and give Link a CGI pecker that isn't flaccid around women.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dear Anthony1,

Just give it a rest man. Please.

Sincerely,
    Me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in