Thread: stupid question but i just have to ask

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default stupid question but i just have to ask

I havent been a member here to long but one thing has made me wonder....do most posters actually read other threads. One thing ive noticed is someone will post a thread looking for a game, and two posts after that someone will make a post with that game for sale or visa versa..seems like someone wanting to sell or trade a game would look to see if anyone had the game for sale before posting a want ,and those wanting a game would look to see if anyone had the game for sale before making a wanted post..maybe i have to much time on my hands but this has always cracked me up.

example two different threads.

WANTED!!! PANIC RESTAURANT BOX AND MANUAL

FS:PANIC RESTAURANT(COMPLETE),

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i posted that game,so i will responed.i just got my hands on a second copy of the game yesterday,so i post it on my b&s thread.then,after i posted mine,farther down i noticed someone was looking for the box and booklet for that game,so i pm'ed that person,and put "pm sent"on there thead,making it one above mine.so,i guess it looks like i seen it,then listed the game,but thats not true in my case.i noticed the thread after i posted mine.if i would of noticed it beforehand,i would of pm'ed him and put a "pm sent" on his thread.i dont know why you care,but there you go.
    do not buy/get system repair from martin krohn aka iamnotageek.com

Strawberry (Level 2) JerseyDevil65's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The problem is some members are not descriptive enough in the thread titles. I try to read threads that will interest me. A thread titled "looking for..." will get passed over, a thread titled "looking for NES, Genesis, etc" will get read. I wish I had time to read every thread but I don't.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah i look before i post my stuff. but accounting on new posts that have for sale lists i wish i could check all the new ones i havent read... but otherwise i use search to find my games and if they dont make offers i make a post.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just because two threads appear in close proximity doesn't mean they were posted that way.

Or it's possible they were posted at the exact same time.\

Also, personally, there are a few people here I would not deal with under any circumstances.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pookninja I just used your post as a example because the two were right there..I guess I mainly wonder because I have posted threads looking for certian things and never get a response but will see the item im looking for posted in another thread stated after the thread I posted. When that happens I wonder whats the use of posting a wanted thread when it seems hardly anyone looks at them anyway.

Sure I understand if someone says they have a certian game for sale and the price is more than ones willing to pay starting a wanted thread. But when someone posts a game for sale and then someone post a want for the same game minutes later it makes me wonder how many people actually read the posts. Ive had several wanted posts and seen the item im looking for posted in a for sale thread but hardly ever get a pm or reply from someone saying they have the game for sale. ARRR maybe ive just been spending to much time searching threads.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by wrldstrman
    But when someone posts a game for sale and then someone post a want for the same game minutes later it makes me wonder how many people actually read the posts.
    This statement makes me wonder if you read the posts in your own thread.