Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonic The Hedgehog xbox 360 DEMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sonic The Hedgehog xbox 360 DEMO

tonite i was checkin out new stuff for my 360 and saw sonic the hedgehog demo there. So I downloaded it (didn't take that long) ... and played a bit of the game its really very amazing and seems like it will be a GREAT game !!! so hope ya 360 owners download it !!!! .. enjoy the demo ! and share your opinions here ...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whoa, so, is this legit? Is the demo up on Marketplace?

Shit, I'm at work!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a chance to check this title out a couple weeks ago and I was really impressed...with Sonic's portions. The human to hedgehog kiss isn't as bad as everyone is saying! I'm downloading this right now! It's taking a long fucking time though.

Can't wait to spend some more time with Sonic!
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Wow. This is just... bad. Awful even.

It starts with the terrible level design which not only features more pits than land, but only one spot to gain any real speed.

Of course, when the camera adjustment is as slow as it is, maybe it's for the best. It's constantly out of place too. You always end up stopping to adjust, which completely takes away the pacing.

Control is flat out terrible. Sonic doesn't stop. He floats and skids all over the place, leading to more deaths. Collision isn't responsive, and there's a spot where you need to grab onto an eagle. I went straight through it twice.

I can only hope this wasn't far along, and these features have been fixed. They never should have released this demo.

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I beat the demo in like 5 minutes, and I must say its really awesome.
    there are some issues with controls, sometimes you'll fall randomly, camera is a bit slow when you're trying adjust it, but the gameplay overal is great and graphics is much improved since SA of course.
    I'll definetely buy it on a launch day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

That right controller camera contol - WTF is up with reversing the controls?

The game has potenital... It has the Genesis feel down, but there are bugs all over the place.

The sense of speed is mindblowing, though...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod
    Wow. This is just... bad. Awful even.

It starts with the terrible level design which not only features more pits than land, but only one spot to gain any real speed.

Of course, when the camera adjustment is as slow as it is, maybe it's for the best. It's constantly out of place too. You always end up stopping to adjust, which completely takes away the pacing.

Control is flat out terrible. Sonic doesn't stop. He floats and skids all over the place, leading to more deaths. Collision isn't responsive, and there's a spot where you need to grab onto an eagle. I went straight through it twice.

I can only hope this wasn't far along, and these features have been fixed. They never should have released this demo.
    I agree completely. The demo is fucking awful. Someone seriously needs to let Sega know that although Mario has made the move to 3D with relative ease, Sonic has definitely NOT followed suit with the same grace. The Sonic games are all about speed, which is terribly hard to convey properly in a 3D platformer. I can't imagine such a miraculous change in the coming months that this will get any better really. It falls flat on its face at the first hurdle. I was just doing the basic homing attack and flew off the side a half dozen times (not to mention the times I got stuck almost catching myself going over, where Sonic was caught in a permanent falling pose at the edge of the bridge and I had to let him fall to start over).

Business-wise, it would be best for Sega to pull the demo as soon as possible and hope word doesn't get around how awful it is. Maybe they can trick some kids into buying it down the road when it hits the shelves. I don't even think I would even send out review copies of the game if it doesn't pull a complete 180.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By the way, everyone should double check their Controller Sensitivity in the Xbox 360's Game Defaults menu. I was surprised to learn that the Sonic demo actually respected my "High" sensitivity setting which made the game uncontrollable.

I set that down to "Medium" and found the game to be better. Then it was just nearly uncontrollable.

There's one part where a bridge is supposed to fall down as you near it in the air which allows you to get on top of it to continue the demo. I could never get it to do so reliably, and got so frustrated at that point that I quit the demo and promptly deleted it from my hard drive.

The game looks like it has more promise than any of the other 3D Sonic titles, but I must hear confirmation that they've fixed this stuff before I even take another look at the game.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played the demo last nite, and while the game isn't too bad, I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm never going to truly enjoy a 3D Sonic game. Alot of people say , "Sonic is all about speed". I can't really argue with that, but I must admit that when I play the old Sonic games on the Genesis, I like playing them in a slower fashion. I don't like blowing through the levels in mere seconds. I like to explore every nook and cranny. I like to kill every bad guy on the level, and find every single ring. If you go super fast and just blaze through the level, it's kinda impossible to do that. Once I've found every ring, and killed every bad guy, then I'll speed through the level as fast as possible, but I like playing Sonic slower, in more of an exploration mode. Like you would play a Mario game.

When Sonic games made the transition to 3D, that kind of exploration seemed to be impossible. It's like the game is on rails, and you have to go super fast whether you want to or not. It's very hard to go through the level trying to discover every secret and kill every bad guy and find every gold coin. That's why I prefer the 2D Sonics by a huge margin. Sonic 2, Sonic CD and Sonic 3 are my favorites. Of course I also have much love for the original Sonic as well.

I will say however, that this 3D Sonic seems to be a bit better than the other ones I've tried. The camera is kinda sketchy, and there are some issues with the level design that result in cheap deaths, but it's definitely shaping up to be decent if you can hang with 3D Sonic games.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think you guys need more practice! I played this several times and I am having no issues whatsoever anymore now that I have mastered the homing move and the camera. Agreed with GM80, careful of the controller sensitivity.

This title shows promise!! Give it another go!
    #vbender

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

This is a very bad demo. The camera controls are so bad that I do not want to play this again. Just horrible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Couldnt get into it. Would rather play the F.E.A.R. demo

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Have to agree with most of the above posters. Demo sucked outright. The trailer promised some shit about it being the fastest Sonic to date with, and I quote, "Next gen speed", when it's nearly impossible to play the game "quickly" without immediately falling off the edge of the cliffs and dying-repeatedly. And I probably just suck, but I also find it impossible to speed through the levels when I consistently missed just about every fucking ring. If you're going to do rails, why not do them properly? I'd suggest killing the free falling edges, and locking Sonic onto the rings. That would make it play more like the 2D versions, while keeping with the 3D "look".

Anyway yeah, definately a game I'd never buy.

Strawberry (Level 2) pixelsnpolygons's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not going to bother, I assume it is probably the same as the E3 demo - if so, I echo the negative comments above. I mean really, SEGA - the same horrible, broken, clunky controls and camera angles have ruined over half a decade of Sonic games and most likely won't stop. The games still sell and, no offense to the people here who liked it, manage to even impress despite being thoroughly mediocre. That's why I was so excited to play Sonic for Wii and so happy when it turned out being awesome. Sonic for Xbox 360 is nice to look at, but when it comes to the gameplay its about as awful as you can get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll finally get to play the demo tonight. Finally.

Also, Sonic is not all about speed, that's a misconception.

Anyways, I hope I at least enjoy the demo, even though I hear the camera is quite bad.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox
    Also, Sonic is not all about speed, that's a misconception.
    No of course not, the games were about exploration and speed. It was awesome how the 2D games cater to either play style. You could take your time and pick apart the levels OR you could blaze through them in a minute. I don't think the new ones really do either very well.

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont know what about you guys, but I loved SA 1 and 2, and I'm loving this one as well, game looks beautiful and plays well(once you'll get used to it), there still maybe some random deaths there in the beginning but its all about the practice, demo was short though(about 2 minutes ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i had fun with the demo took a while to get used to it but i practice tore pavement to the end of the level >.>
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the game can go either way based on the demo. For one it looks really awsome, and it overall feels like a re-vamped sonic adventure (not SA2), however the camera and controls were downright horrible, controling sonic was really loose when going fast, and the camera was just bad.
    And vehicles in a sonic game (shadow), I just dont know about that...

I just hope they dont screw this game up because it seems to have alot of potential.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    No of course not, the games were about exploration and speed. It was awesome how the 2D games cater to either play style. You could take your time and pick apart the levels OR you could blaze through them in a minute. I don't think the new ones really do either very well.

Yeah, I totally agree. I always hear people say that Sonic is all about speed, but for me, I liked to take my time and explore the levels, but once I collected all the gold coins and blasted through any secret entrences and killed all the little bad guys and freed the bunnies and birds, I would zoom through to the end of the level in a few seconds flat. Of course, I had friends that didn't play at all like that. They would blaze through the level in few seconds flat right from the get go. I could never really understand why they did that though. Seems like they wasted alot of the game, cause they never saw alot of it, by just zooming through the level like that. Oh well, to each his own.

I would play my Sonic games almost like a Mario game or something. I know that's kinda strange to play it slow like that, but that's how I liked it. Obviously, when Sonic went 3D, it just seemed that my way of playing wasn't going to be possible too much. With the semi-on rails gameplay, it was very hard to go through levels slowly and explore stuff. Sonic 2 will forever be my favorite Sonic.