Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sonic The Hedgehog xbox 360 DEMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, this demo is really bad. It's like Sonic Adventure 1, but it uses the worst aspects of that game. Terrible.

I think Sega should just give up on Sonic in 3D and make all his major games 2d. I did enjoy SA2 at times, but Sonic just looks worse and worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Loved all the 2D Sonics.

They lost me at SA on the DC.

This demo has not changed my mind.

So long Sonic. We had some good times.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is, quite simply, a dreadful demo. To think, I was actually looking forward to this! What the heck is wrong with Sega? They have once again let the same fundamental problems slip through - problems, I might add, which have plagued the series for seven years.

The controls are twitchy and awkward. Collision detection is basically broken. The camera gets worse with each game. And so on and so forth. *sigh*

Sonic's debut on Wii remains our only hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

Dammit SEGA, stop making freaking sonic games. you don't know how to do it anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's crap.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow The amount of disdain for this demo is a little bit suprising. I have to say that it didn't exactly rock my world either, but I think you guys are being a little overly harsh on it. First off, it's just a demo, and secondly, it's a very short demo, you don't really get to see very much of the game. Ok, so maybe this isn't the return of Sonic to his former glory, but it could still be a decent game, especially for those of us with kids.

I have two little rugrats, and the only 360 games I can play with them are Kameo and Lego Star Wars II. The rest of the games are too adult, and they are too young to be into racing or sports. I look forward to games like this, because these are the games that they are actually excited to play. I let them try out the demo, and they both loved the demo. My 6 year old, kept wanting to play that short demo over and over. He couldn't get enough of it. I will personally admit that it's not what I'm looking for in a Sonic game, per se, but if my kids like it alot, I know I need to at least rent it for an extended period, so they can mess around with it awhile.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

There hasn't been a good Sonic since S&K.. this one isn't changing the trend.
    Alert the internet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a shame, it really is. I wanted to spend 60 bucks on that but its complete crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Wow The amount of disdain for this demo is a little bit suprising. I have to say that it didn't exactly rock my world either, but I think you guys are being a little overly harsh on it. First off, it's just a demo, and secondly, it's a very short demo, you don't really get to see very much of the game. Ok, so maybe this isn't the return of Sonic to his former glory, but it could still be a decent game, especially for those of us with kids.

I have two little rugrats, and the only 360 games I can play with them are Kameo and Lego Star Wars II. The rest of the games are too adult, and they are too young to be into racing or sports. I look forward to games like this, because these are the games that they are actually excited to play. I let them try out the demo, and they both loved the demo. My 6 year old, kept wanting to play that short demo over and over. He couldn't get enough of it. I will personally admit that it's not what I'm looking for in a Sonic game, per se, but if my kids like it alot, I know I need to at least rent it for an extended period, so they can mess around with it awhile.
    Huh? The people posting here aren't 6 years old (though the grammar of some would lead you to believe otherwise), and thus don't get as big a kick out of it as someone who hasn't developed their tastes yet. I used to play shitty games when I was a kid because they were all I had or I fucked up and rented a turd. Now that I have the means and know the difference between crap and quality, I don't need to play garbage anymore.

I don't think anyone here's been overly harsh on the demo. If anything, I think there have been too many apologists for a completely underwhelming and pitiful 3D platformer starring a character lots of us cut our gaming teeth on. The camera is awful, the 'on rails' aspect of the 3D Sonics wasn't welcome the first time, let alone several sequels past that and I personally could design better levels than the one in the demo. It reeks of laziness and "kids will buy anything." There is nothing there for anyone that isn't still taking spelling tests on a weekly basis. Sega needs to learn from their mistakes or kill off Sonic before they turn him into another Bubsy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Juganawt
    PSN
    Juganawt

R.I.P. Sonic.

1991 - 2003.

No way for Sonic to come back now, he's had 3 duff games in a row, RIP our beloved blue hedgehog.

Let's just pretend that Sonic Heroes, Sonic Riders, and this game never happened.

Let's bury him on a high note with Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Camera is terrible, but I enjoyed it. No surprises here.

But I think most people are specifically out to hate this title. GAF and other forums are just being ridiculous.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gorgeous game graphically, I love the soundtrack from what I'm hearing so far.

However, it still suffers the same camera issues from Sonic Adventure series and the timely jumps are a bit annoying in this demo stage. 1 screw up and you fall to your death is not really reassuring.

It doesn't look too good for the later levels if they are all going to be this confusing
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!