Thread: Warsong question

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Warsong question

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if Warsong for the Genesis came with a poster or not? I was told it came with a poster of the cover art. I have never seen the poster so pics would be nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My brother bought it brand new back in the day, and never had or mentioned anything about a poster. There's a chance I could be wrong though. I'd like to see a Warsong poster myself if it does exist. Awesome game!

My first PC games and favorite game of all-time.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought it new in the early 90s. I don't remember it coming with a poster. Maybe it was a pre-order promotional item? This is probably the only game I finished more than once (to go through all the level up variations), and I have a lot of unfinished games, so that means something.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Heh, well as I already told Bighab in my PM. My copy did have a poster and I had it proudly displayed on my bedroom wall throughout my middle school years.

At the time I gutted all my Genesis games and hung up any posters that contained big artwork. I can remember having hung up the Sonic 2 art as well as that of Warsong.

I will further emphasize that the poster could not have come from a gaming magazine as I never owned a gaming magazine.

Also no it was not a promotional item. My family was never up to date on new releases, as stated earlier we didn't even have gaming magazines. Purchasing descions were very much based on word of mouth, or by spying the game in the store and deciding then and there whether or not it "looked cool". Warsong was one such purchase, my father bought the game from either Sam's Club or Cosco, as we had passes to both stores during this period.

I don't know if I had the game on release, probably not. But I do know I had it as early as the 4th grade (1994).

Sometime during the 7th grade (1997) I took down all my posters in a fit of redecoration, and threw Warsong away because the tape I'd used to hang it up had been replaced so many times the corners were dirty and torn.

I also doubt the poster was a promotional included within another game because I didn't own any other Treco releases.

So yeah, you can take my account for what you will, but needless to say I too am interested in seeing pictures of the poster if anyone else does own it. And am very interested in buying a replacement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Okay, well I can confirm that I definately did not own the game anywhere near it's original release as the game came out in 1991, and family didn't buy a Genesis until Christmas of 1993.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    Heh, well as I already told Bighab in my PM. My copy did have a poster and I had it proudly displayed on my bedroom wall throughout my middle school years.
    That's awesome! I'd love to have a poster of Warsong. Anything special on it that you recall, or was it just a blown-up shot of the front cover?

My first PC games and favorite game of all-time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy
    Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    That's awesome! I'd love to have a poster of Warsong. Anything special on it that you recall, or was it just a blown-up shot of the front cover?
    Just a blown-up version of the boxart.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Any Genesis collectors have this poster? I would love to grab one