Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any East Coast DP members looking to get a PS3 or Wii?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Any East Coast DP members looking to get a PS3 or Wii?

I was hoping that maybe a East Coast DP member, that is calling GameStop and EB every morning at 10:01am to see if they are starting preorders yet, could please do a quick post here, before they drive as fast as they can to the nearest GameStop or EB.

You guys are 3 hours ahead of us West Coast DP'ers, so if you could pass the word on, that would be great. Then we could now in advance if they are starting preorders that day, even before calling them. I'm guessing it will be a nationwide decision, from a standpoint of what day they are going to start. I call and check every morning at 10:01 am, but I'm here on the West Coast, so the only people I could help would be people in Hawaii, but since they already did that dumb trade in only pre-order strategy there, I can't even help anybody there, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm on the east coast, and I am calling every morning. So, if they do preorders, I'll drive there, put one on hold, come back, hopefully revel in my victory, then post it on DP. Fair?
    Negative, negative! We have a Wildcat destabilization of the ship's fusion core!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am on east cost however I am planning to camp for a wii to avoid any conflicts of there not being enough systems to fill preorders for launch day. Plus camping is half the fun of a new system.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I hope, which I'm sure there will be, posting asap when gamestop and eb start taking reserves.

I will be reserving mine from Gamestop, the Wii that is, along with at least 5 game so far.

I just call gamestop about 2 minutes ago and the dude said they still didn't know, but to just keep calling every other day to make sure when. But again, when anyone here finds out when they start taking the pre-orders for the Wii system, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3
    I am on east cost however I am planning to camp for a wii to avoid any conflicts of there not being enough systems to fill preorders for launch day. Plus camping is half the fun of a new system.
    Ditto! Only I'll be in line at the local Walmart.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I must say that this has been the most dissatisfying uniformed launch I have ever seen. I call every day and no one knows anything.

I am only going to be able to buy a wi although I will be drooling for a ps3. We are about 6 weeks away and no retail kiosks. I am suprised at nintendo lack of working with the stores. It would be a good way to capitalize and have a idea on where you stand.

I am getting tried of calling. Then you hear rumors about store on the west coast is taking preorders. you check there east coast store no one knows anything

I personally think nintendo will have enough wii's for everyone. Sonys gone the limited amounts breeds hype of must have.

Hear is a question I would like to ask. It is looking like no one is taking preorders. If the ps3 was launched tomorrow. How many are truly ready and have the cash needed for the ps3 and games and or bundles.

I must say as bad as I want a ps3 , I will be standing in the back of the store staring at the counters like a kid at an ice cream truck with no money.

I would have loved an early preorder system. Here is the wild card. Early last year some stores were taking preorders for the ps3 even though no price was announced. All stores seem to have stopped. I wonder where they stand.
    neo geo system

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You might want to check FYE. I pre-ordered my PS3 there about a month ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by business
    Just a head sup, WalMart does pre-orders now.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JJNova
    Just a head sup, WalMart does pre-orders now.
    Believe me, if you lived in my small town, you wouldn't even bother pre-ordering. I'd be safe just walking in at midnight and picking one up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'd be happier if you supported KMart instead. Their warranties are better, too, Not that you need one with nintendo's consoles...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any idea if Sam's Club gets consoles? I have a connection there, and will exploit it if the preordering crap doesn't pull through.
    Negative, negative! We have a Wildcat destabilization of the ship's fusion core!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaJoey23
    I'm on the east coast, and I am calling every morning. So, if they do preorders, I'll drive there, put one on hold, come back, hopefully revel in my victory, then post it on DP. Fair?
    Cool. That's very fair. The earliest you can get the word out the better, but obviously make sure you secure one for yourself first, then post.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    I'd be happier if you supported KMart instead. Their warranties are better, too, Not that you need one with nintendo's consoles...
    If I could I would, really. I'm a very anti-Walmart kind of guy. Sadly, it's the only, place I can go to pick up video games, consoles, etc. So, I'm kinda shit out of luck. :/

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm in a smaller city too, and even though the PS3 will be non-existent at launch, confirmed by all local sources as slated to receive NONE at "launch", it seems that the Wii will be a different story. March in and grab one. Thankfully, Nintendo still carries the "kiddie crap" stigma around here and will be dismissed by the "oh-so-harcore" crowd as they try for a PS3. Better for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdc
    I'm in a smaller city too, and even though the PS3 will be non-existent at launch, confirmed by all local sources as slated to receive NONE at "launch", it seems that the Wii will be a different story. March in and grab one. Thankfully, Nintendo still carries the "kiddie crap" stigma around here and will be dismissed by the "oh-so-harcore" crowd as they try for a PS3. Better for me.
    Heh i live in the middle of nowhere too so there will be no shortages for the Wii. PS3 on the other hand....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Being in a small West Virginia town, it makes me wonder how well the PS3 will sell here. Spending $800 in one night at the local WallyWorld isn't really the norm around here.

psssssssssst.....it's the PS3

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Hell, I'd love to know too since I live in Queens, NYC and both Gamestops near me STILL have no idea when/if preorders will begin. Any info. on local NYC stores would be great

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got word from my local GameStop that the PS3 pre-orders will open tomorrow morning. The minimum down payment will be $100.00.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

we should like start a scam or something
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got word from my local GameStop that the PS3 pre-orders will open tomorrow morning. The minimum down payment will be $100.00.

It is true just go up there and preorder it. Better be there early.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75