Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamestop Rant

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gamestop Rant

>) Is there a good IT person out there that can straighten out Gamestop's website? What's the point of the store locator(stock check) if it's never even close to accurate??? The other day it said my local store had 4+ copies of Xenogears (ps1), Yet when I walk in and ask for it -they look at me like I have 3 heads. "We haven't had a copy of that in ages dude." Now I find out (totally accidentaly) that they actually take Nomads in trade and deal in them. The manager at a local store says "Check Stock on the website, and I'll have one shipped from that store to here." "GREAT" I'm thinking, I may get a Nomad out of this with no travel. Well, when I type in "Nomad" on the website I may as well have typed in "Ice Cream Cone" -absolutley no findings!!! (truthfully there was 1 game -"project nomad") --AARRGGHH!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

I can vouch for teh computer system "Brian" being a totally piece of shit. But everyonce in awhile it works. Every once in a GREAT while.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Achika, have you been drinking?

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Achika
    I can vouch for teh computer system "Brian" being a totally piece of shit. But everyonce in awhile it works. Every once in a GREAT while.
    LMFAO WHAT THE HELL???
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Quote Originally Posted by anotherfluke
    Achika, have you been drinking?
    Not tonight

Let me explain, they call the inventory computer system "Brian". After an inventory is usually when it would come up, or when we'd do factory recalls. In an email from the DM it would say "Brian" says we have this many, but your counts say you have this many--please recount the following titles" I always thought it was the guy who was in charge of inventory, but I think his name started with a T or an E. "Brian" is linked to the nightly inventory (sales) transmitions and the website inventory, but they don't always mesh up. Hence, "Brian" is a piece of shit and doesn't always work. It's worked a few times for me: DK Jr. Math, DK 3, etc.

It's like when you name your car, or your penis...you know....(well I don't :P )

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do people really name their cars?

My point basically is instead of opening a new location every week---why don't they focus on centralizing their inventory situation? i.e. - It sure would be cool if employee's could see inventory levels in surrounding stores (Imagine "I'm out of it--but it looks like the store in the next town has it" -wow!) and/or if all in-store sales were actually reflected on the website.
    I mean I used to work for a fairly crappy eletrical company with just 7 locations -but even we could see/and even fiddle with- the other stores' stuff. ok i'm done. Me and big Willie gotta go now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Quote Originally Posted by klimatron8
    Do people really name their cars?

My point basically is instead of opening a new location every week---why don't they focus on centralizing their inventory situation? i.e. - It sure would be cool if employee's could see inventory levels in surrounding stores (Imagine "I'm out of it--but it looks like the store in the next town has it" -wow!) and/or if all in-store sales were actually reflected on the website.
    I was trying to agree with you, but then someone called me drunk. ^_^

Anyhow, I talked to my old boss the other week, and they are supposed to be getting a new computer system soon. So it just might happen. He didn't know, so he couldn't tell me the details of it. Plus, the system can't update correctly if people steal the games off the shelves, so sometimes it's better to call ahead anyhow (not saying in your case--but pretend that the web--when acting correctly--it says there's one copy of Stadium events. You get there, but it's not there because someone gave themselves a five finger discount)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What? Why's everyone looking at me like that?

And what is it with large companies naming their software?!?? The database we use at nintendo is called Elmo.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I wasn't arguing with you at all. Just continuing my rant. Some people just can't appreciate those of us who are "differently abled" when it comes to typing. I'm sure they will eventually get their computer act together --- unfortunately it will probably be right after they finish destroying all their remaining inventory of NES,SNES, and Genesis games.
    I don't know where you're from- but around here i'm sure no one would ever steal anything

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I miss funcolands webpage.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

okay I'm kinda new so I don't eally know anyone, but Achika
    do you work for gamestop? if so what store?
    "Have you seen the world to do, up and down park avenue. On that famous thoroughfare with their noses in the air....."

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anotherfluke
    The database we use at nintendo is called Elmo.
    Figures.

They should change it to Jack The Ripper or something like that.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm just glad it's not called marionet or something. I can just see all the stupid puppet mario crap already.

(get it? Mario.net<--->marionette. eh? eh? Well I thought it was clever)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Quote Originally Posted by yxonomei
    okay I'm kinda new so I don't eally know anyone, but Achika
    do you work for gamestop? if so what store?
    I did until I moved to NYC temporarily ( > ) I'm trying to get a job there again for the next two months before I leave. In any case, when I get back to my place of residence this summer, I plan on going back to 676. It's true when people say I can never leave that store (wether it be because of discounts or videogames...who knows for sure?) I've got 3 years under my belt, and before I'm done it might just be 4-5.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sometimes it's better to call ahead anyhow (not saying in your case--but pretend that the web--when acting correctly--it says there's one copy of Stadium events. You get there, but it's not there
    SO TRUE. I treat the Gamespot game locator like a guide of which store to call and ask if they have a game in stock. It's better than calling all 15 store in the area whenever I want a game, and I'm not going to drive 25 minutes to a store to be told that they don't have the game (again). PLUS, I always ask on the phone whether the game is complete with jewelcase and instructions, because I'm like that. And I can't see the clerk rolling the eyes when I'm on the phone.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's like when you name your car, or your penis...you know....(well I don't :P )
    What's wrong with naming your penis....
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Default Re:

Well I sure as hell hope not! That'd make for some uncomfortable silences... wheee.....

That locator DOES work. Often, it's human error that can mess it up. Example, the infamous pa_nes_ian got a Stadium Events this way. I've located Flintstones 2 on the NES using this system. I did, however, call every store to confirm it. 11 stores "had" it, but 10 stores didn't have it at all, or just had Flintstones 1. The entry was put in wrong by the employees when they took the game in.

My system for doing this (Never implemented, but it works) is create a list of zipcodes based on the 200 mile radius selection. Do it so every "bubble" overlaps. A map helps. You'll end up with 20-30 zipcodes. Search for something, and enter your zips in. If you get a 1-3, write down the game ID number (A six digit number, NES starts in 9), the store location (The mall its in), the store type (Funco? Gamestop?), and the phone number. Call the store, confirm you have the right shopping mall, and ask them to check. If they have it, ask for their store number. Take this to your local Funco, and have them transfer that ID number from that store number to your store.

So here's how I found Flintstones 2. I searched for Flintstones, and chose the link for F2. I searched using my zipcodes that I've gathered and I found 11 locations at 1-3. I recorded their info, and started calling. I gave mercy to those that sounded busy, and eventually called all 11 stores. As said earlier, 10 didn't have it. One did.

That store was 894, in Tulsa, OK. You can look it up, and see if they stay still have it. They definitely had it 3 months ago. If you're first on it, you get a $20 loose Flintstones 2, which isn't a bad deal. I tried getting it sent, but my coworkers at the time were too lazy to help x_x

And the computer database system here at Kraft/Nabisco is called Casper. Go figure.

dave

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow. that post makes me feel better about MY obsession. BTW - care to share that Tulsa zipcode? (mapless over here). ps -That Flintstones screw up seems to be real common. I just came from a Gamestop that had a Flintstones 1 behind glass ---- yeah, real rare. I've see that infernal game about 1000 times. That system "works" in the very loosest sense of that word. Better than nothing, but not by much. Peace out. :cig:

Actually - If i remember - they even had the flint1 picture posted under flint2 on the site --- man did you ever get lucky!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found Flintstones 2 at a gamestop by my work for 9.99 loose. The idiot behind the counter made fun of me for buying it.

I've since traded it away however.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*Opening window -preparaing to jump* Butta- I can only sum up that post in this way. first - , then . Just kidding of course. What did ya get in return?