Since I still have no joystick for the Vic 20 I got in trade awhile back, I went to a Funco to find something that might work. I remembered using a SMS joystick with my c64 back in the day, so I went to Funcoland and bought the only other type of 9-pin joypad. A Sega Genesis controller by "High Frequency". It has the ABCXYZ buttons, are configurable to auto,turbo, and normal as well as a slow motion switch. I dont know if it is all the funky switches, or the brand, or what, but it doesn't work on the Vic. Maybe no other Genesis brand joysticks work either? Either way, I won a Wico Command Control atari 2600 joystick in the box on ebay (the baseball bat handle type) for $5. I haven't received it as of yet, but was wondering how you guys and gals rate it? Is it as sturdy as I hear? How does the control itself rate? See, I remember seeing these in the stores back in the day, but I never actually owned one. I really hope I don't run into any problems as I am dying to play the majority of my now 50 vic cart collection that requires (or playably requires) a joystick!

BTW: the High Frequency controller I bought is surprisingly up for trade now. PM me if you want it.