Thread: INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR SOCCER 2 FOR SNES??

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR SOCCER 2 FOR SNES??

I went to a Game Buzz here in my city and found an International Superstar Soccer part 2 for the Super Famicom. I wasn't able to find it's history on the online rarity guide. Can anyone tell me if such a game is legit? I really need to know if I should pick it up it the guy is selling it for 20 dollars. I'll post some pics if it's worth it when I buy it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR SOCCER 2 FOR SNES??

Quote Originally Posted by dj_spryte
    I went to a Game Buzz here in my city and found an International Superstar Soccer part 2 for the Super Famicom. I wasn't able to find it's history on the online rarity guide. Can anyone tell me if such a game is legit? I really need to know if I should pick it up it the guy is selling it for 20 dollars. I'll post some pics if it's worth it when I buy it.
    It's International Superstar Soccer Deluxe. The US version is extremely scarce. A couple copies went $90 earlier this year, but I got one in Aug/Sept for just $33

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

The game was mostly distributed in Latin and South America. Very few copies actually made it to the USA.

And both the Euro and Japanese versions are pretty much worthless (value, rarity) in comparison to the US version. I think the Euro version costs five bucks, boxed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yea, I thought only Mexico in North America got it. I didn't think it made it here at all. Maybe it did, but I bet they were all in TX or CA or something.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Pal version ISS deluxe is the version you saw for $20 and its not worth much since it was made in big numbers both in japan and europe.

I know not alot of american/canadian peeps are into soccer but both ISS and ISS Deluxe are truly amazing soccer games!

Alot of you will know ISS is where konami started off in soccer games, SO basically ISS is the daddy of Pro Evo!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How rare is the original ISS (not Deluxe) in NTSC/North-American format?
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Very scarce in the US, but it's not nearly that scarce in Latin America.

As I mentioned, the game was originally intended for distribution in Mexico and South America and most of the copies got sold down here. But the game was labeled for release in the entire continent, so very, VERY few copies actually made it to the US. Some people in the forum were doubtful about that, but someone posted a scan of a Nintendo Power issue where they mention the game.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Oh, wait, the ORIGINAL. Argh.

Sorry, I messed up, I don't know how rare the original is.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The original ISS seems to be rarer than the Deluxe version, which is uberrare as it is.

In fact, there is still no bonafide proof of a "NON BOOTLEG" version of the original ISS game as of yet, which I am trying to disprove this week.

ISS Deluxe is severely undervalued, because it HAS a US part number, and the manual and all pertinent information lead it to being a North American release, which is how Nintendo releases their products, with the exception of French language these days for Canada as a packaging change.

Super Copa is a different version of Tony Meola's Sidekicks for SNES with different teams made by ASC. It also has the dubious distinction of being another "Latin America" only release, one of three for the SNES.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The original ISS seems to be rarer than the Deluxe version, which is uberrare as it is.

In fact, there is still no bonafide proof of a "NON BOOTLEG" version of the original ISS game as of yet, which I am trying to disprove this week.

ISS Deluxe is severely undervalued, because it HAS a US part number, and the manual and all pertinent information lead it to being a North American release, which is how Nintendo releases their products, with the exception of French language these days for Canada as a packaging change.

Super Copa is a different version of Tony Meola's Sidekicks for SNES with different teams made by ASC. It also has the dubious distinction of being another "Latin America" only release, one of three for the SNES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the info! I bought one recently within Europe -- seemed legit to me in the picture, but I will post some scans once it gets here.
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the ISS, opened it up, everything looks legit to me. Nintendo board & chip, etc. Only difference is that the front label seems less glossy, but that could be due other things as well I suppose. Also, it says "Made in Mexico" on both the front and back labels. I can take some pics later on if you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_NES
    I got the ISS, opened it up, everything looks legit to me. Nintendo board & chip, etc. Only difference is that the front label seems less glossy, but that could be due other things as well I suppose. Also, it says "Made in Mexico" on both the front and back labels. I can take some pics later on if you want.
    Please do, I can't recall ever seeing a US version of the original. Though I've played both... there's no reason to own the original if you already have ISS Deluxe, IMO. Unless you're a collector of course.

And BTW, ISSD also has the "not-so-glossy" look. I wouldn't be surprised if ISS and ISSD were simply made that way to begin with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a US ISS also earlier this week, boxed, and it is the real deal. Both are confirmed now.