On a recent trip to the PS2 Scene forums I was turned onto this upcoming product from Xploder which can be found here:

http://www.xploder.net/products/148/...DTV-Player.htm

From what I can gather, what these guys did was dig around the hardware and found these hidden resolution modes which can be triggered (kinda like dipswitches). So you can play most any PS2 game in Progressive Scan mode.

This is not the same as upscaling. The picture is formed inside the PS2 in Progressive Scan then sent out as Interlaced Scan. What the Xploder software does is simply tell the PS2 to send the image out as Progressive Scan instead of Interlaced by utilizing these hidden "dipswitches".

Very effective from what I have heard so far. And with a (current) 95% compatability rate which is far more than the Blaze VGA disc that came out a couple of years ago. This will even let you play DVD movies in Progressive Scan even on the older PS2 machines which did not have the feature built-in.

Should be out this month but the various EB Games/GameStops I have visited do not have any info as of yet. Man, I can't wait to try this out on my "Grand Theft Auto" games.....