Thread: FS: Large TurboDuo and Atari Lynx II lots!! Make Offers!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default FS: Large TurboDuo and Atari Lynx II lots!! Make Offers!!

Selling It All (a Little at a Time) 25 Years Worth of Gaming

Hello my fellow DP'ers. After thinking about it for a long while, I've decided to possibly sell nearly all of my video game items. My archive is reasonably sized, small compared to some here, but there is still quite a bit to it. I've structured this post so you can know as much or as little as you would like, skip to the part you're interested in. However please do read the rules part, all the information you need is at the bottom of this first post, thank you.

WHY IT'S UP FOR GRABS

Broken Down Dork: Listen to my story?

YES. <---
    NO.
    LEAVE SHOP.

The past few years have been rough on me both emotionally and financially. While I won't go into details about that (no one needs to hear my sob story) it has left me with very few options how to go about rebuilding things and moving on with my life. I've watched my mass amounts of modern video games (as well as one or two valuable things) disappear over the years in an attempt to keep my head above water. I've sold many promo and one of a kind items this past year that I swore would never leave my hands. Now I'm at a crossroads and I really see no better alternative than to open the floodgates and offer the rest of it up for sale.

There's no way I'm going to improve my situation unless I get a big financial boost to dig me out of it and allow me to level off and start to make a life for myself once again. I do love this industry, anyone that knows me has always known that, but I love a woman even more. It's terribly unfair to her for me to be in my current situation and if selling off my games (much to her disagreement) is what it takes to get me out of it, then so be it. I would choose her over anything else any day of the week, so this is how it's going to be. Building a life with her is something I want to do right now, not just sit on my hands as I've been doing. Although she says it's fine, it isn't - not to me. The video games can wait but she shouldn't have to, and won't, not if I have anything to do with it. I feel so very fortunate that she has stuck with me over the years, during all these rough times. Now it's my turn to make up for them.

They're just possessions, they can be rebought at a healthier time in my life if I so feel the need. I know it's never easy to rebuild a collection and people kick themselves all the time over doing things like this. This isn't a snap decision, it's been weighing on my mind for about a year now, ever since I sold my copy of EarthBound to SixSwitch last November. I don't feel that when you "grow up" you get rid of things like video games, that's just bullshit. That isn't what me selling all this is about. I haven't held a real job in over two years, my employment history is shot full of holes due to taking time off to assist with matters of the family, no one will hire me and opportunities have dried up to nothing. I need to get some cash, get out of here, and start with a clean slate.

Believe me, this was at the bottom of my list, it's the last option, one of the craziest things I'd ever think of doing - but right now it makes perfect sense. I'm not getting out of gaming, I'm liquidating my assets. If I end up with a healthy amount of money early into this sale, then I may stop and keep what's left, we're going to play that as it goes.

Check my feedback, ask questions, have confidence that I won't scam and burn you as so many threads like this deteriorate into. I will remain part of the community here regardless of what becomes of my current game archive. Again, I'm not calling it quits, I'm certainly not leaving, I'm just getting myself going with life again.

So, let's see what comes of this, good luck to us all.

SALE RULES

Very simple this time around, I'm only selling within the United States, no exceptions as customs is a pain in the ass. I can only accept payment via MONEY ORDER in US funds. Shipping will be an accurate estimate based upon weight, like Ben Heckendorn I use a bathroom scale for weighing stuff (because I'm too cheap to buy a nice one for my shop). Everything ships out no later than 48 hours after payment arrives. I prefer to ship via USPS Priority Mail but if you want full insurance and tracking then I will use UPS Ground - but be prepared to pay for it. As always, I reserve the right to refuse to do business with certain parties at my discretion, no flame wars please. If you need more / better / specific pictures of anything just PM me.

Extreme lowballs will not even be replied to. If you don't get a response within 24 hours, this is why. I would prefer to sell things in large lots - either of quantity or value. I will not sell "onesy-twosy's" it's simply not worth the time and effort to punch tiny holes in the collection - if I wanted to do that I'd list everything one item at a time on eBay. The idea here is to move some stuff for good money, not to slowly make a buck here or there. I've tried that for a couple years and it isn't getting me anywhere.

Requests that go against the rules will be ignored outright. Please be patient, allow 24 hours for a PM response.

Thank you for reading the rules, if you have any questions, PM me, post in the thread, or e-mail me at insanedavid@classicplastic.net.

A link to my Digital Press feedback can be found in my signature.

Remember, please make offers for everything.

WHAT I AM OFFERING

Originally I said "look at my site, tell me if you want anything" but I was simply getting slammed with PM's and requests. So now I've decided to list a few things at a time, peel into my collection in my own accord. If there are any problems with anything I will notify you of such in response to your request. If pictures are needed, I will get back to you with them. I would like to sell things in large lots, an example would be all the Lynx stuff in one sale.

TurboDuo / TG-16 / PCEngine

Complete TurboDuo system with adapter and original composite video plug. Includes original TurboPad controller.

TurboGrafx-16 HuCARDs...
    Alien Crush - Complete
    Blazing Lazers - HuCARD only
    Cadash - Complete
    Final Lap Twin - Complete
    Keith Courage in Alpha Zones - Complete
    The Legendary Axe - Complete (wrinkled booklet)
    The Legendary Axe II - Complete
    Ninja Spirit - HuCARD only
    R-Type - HuCARD only
    Sidearms - Complete
    TV Sports Hockey - Complete
    Victory Run - Complete (repro spine label)
    World Class Baseball - Complete

TurboGrafx-16 CD's...
    Final Zone II - Complete
    Gate of Thunder (Bonk Multigame CD) - Complete (pack-in blank jewel case)
    Last Alert - Missing booklet
    Lords of Thunder - Complete
    Ys Book I & II - Complete (pack-in blank jewel case)

PCEngine CD's...
    Advanced V.G. - Complete
    Doukyusei - Complete
    Galaxy Fraulein Yuna - Complete
    Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2 - Complete
    Graduation II: Neo Generation - Complete
    Kunio-kun Soccer - Complete
    Puyo Puyo CD - Complete
    Take The "A" Train III - Complete (does not work, requires memory expansion)
    Tanjo Debut - Complete
    Top Wo Nerae Gunbuster vol 1 - Complete
    Top Wo Nerae Gunbuster vol 2 - Complete
    Valis II - Complete

Yes, it's a real TurboDuo with the official TurboPad controller. It also has the original AC adapter and original AV cable however I'm not removing those from my entertainment center until it's sold. The AV cable has been reconditioned by me. Basically audio was a little fuzzy out of the R plug (red) so I disassembled the plug and resoldered the lead and ground. I did this with the L plug (white) as well. You wouldn't believe how poor the solder work was inside the cap! This TurboDuo does not have the "audio dropout" problem that some units have. There was a disc slipping issue but I corrected it by lubriating the disc clamp in the disc lid. (there's a thread about this in the Technical and Restoration Society) I'll give the HuCARD slot a fresh cleaning before sale.

Here are the US release games (HuCARD and CD). We all know some of these go for big money on their own, namely Lords of Thunder, Ys Book I & II, and the best version of Cadash ever released.

Here are the Japanese CD games, of course they play fine in the TurboDuo.

Most know that TurboDuo's aren't showing up for sale much anymore - simple reason why: people are hoarding them. Thoughts that TG-16 library on the Wii will be expansive are a pipe dream. You all know we're going to get the Bonk games for $10 a pop and that'll be about it.

Atari Lynx

Atari Lynx II system with carrying pouch and boxed sun visor / screen guard.

Atari Lynx Game Cards...
    Batman Returns - Card only
    Batman Returns - Card only
    California Games - Card only
    Chip's Challenge - Complete
    Crystal Mines II - Complete
    Hydra - Complete
    Ishido: The Way of the Stones - Complete
    Klax - Complete
    Kung Food - Complete
    NFL Football - Card only
    Paperboy - Card only
    Rampart - Complete
    Steel Talons - Complete
    S.T.U.N. Runner - Complete
    Super Skweek - Complete
    Xybots - Complete

The Lynx II, carrying pouch, and the four loose games (there is also a second copy of Batman). Also as you can see the display is perfect, hard to take pictures of, but perfect.

Complete boxed games and the Lynx II sun visor / screen guard. I am the original owner of all these items.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My apologies for the amount of compression in the pictures but bandwidth doesn't grow on trees either.

Please make offers on anything but understand I have every right to refuse them, and again, extreme lowball offers will be ignored.

This is going to be hard for me, as I'm sure many can understand. Bare with me as I try to work out values in my head. Also remember that if I could sell things in large lots that would be best. No trade offers, please.

Thank you again for taking the time to look at this thread.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm interested in all the Lynx and Wonderswan stuff. Expect a PM soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scissors
    I'm interested in all the Lynx and Wonderswan stuff. Expect a PM soon.
    Will do. I'd like to sell ALL the Lynx stuff together if possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PM sent.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor
    PM sent.
    And replied to, all caught up on PM's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PM sent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania
    PM sent
    PM replied to, the information you requested was in my original post.

However I have decided to go about things differently, please check the updated first post. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I didn't get that PM..can you please send it again, thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania
    I didn't get that PM..can you please send it again, thanks
    I didn't send you one because there was a link to my entire game listing in my original post, which also contained my NES listing. That previous post of mine was supposed to say "PM's replied to" as in all of them, my apologies. Just the same to answer your question, I do not have a copy of Bonk's Adventure for the NES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Pictures added and I'm all caught up on PM's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Bump over all the craptastic locked posts of people who can't seem to read the forum rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Caught up on PM's, I'd like to let the Lynx cook for a little longer before I settle on a price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Zee bump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Bump.

I'm thinking about letting it go to the vultures on eBay since in the past week I've seen two TurboDuo's in shitkicked condition sell in the $200 range alone. However, I'd rather she goes to someone here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Bump over the locks.