Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The worst conditioned consoles/acc/games You've EVER seen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default The worst conditioned consoles/acc/games You've EVER seen?

I saw the worst conditioned super nintendo I may ever see yesterday, Wich got me thinking: What is the WORST conditioned Console, game or Accessory you have ever seen?

The worst I have seen has to be this:

The super nintendo I mentioned - It was completely yellow on BOTH halves And the plastic that is by the controller ports (In the seams) Was completely gone. And to top it off, It weighed a little bit too much in one area comparing to the other two SNES' he had there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a 32x that was actually caked with mud, it took a good hour to get it clean.
    I also bought some SNES games that looked like they were covered with Barbeque sauce. There were 25 of them and took at least 5 hours to get them all clean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I always see this SNES at a pawn shop not even in the case with all the other video game stuff. It has a sign next it that says "$5.00 as is." The poor system is yellow on both sides (almost green even) and has multiple cigaarette burns and all sorts of other dirt, crud, stains and muck.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My infamous "Gamecube infested with roaches" story, or the 2600 with 20+ years of dust, dirt, & mouse poop on it.

Thank a deity or your choice i wore gloves when cleaning *ANYTYHING*.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Push Upstairs
    My infamous "Gamecube infested with roaches" story, or the 2600 with 20+ years of dust, dirt, & mouse poop on it.

Thank a deity or your choice i wore gloves when cleaning *ANYTYHING*.
    Roaches?!?! Thats the most disgusting thing I have ever heard. Does it work now? I just bought a lot of SNES games and a system along with a Sega Saturn. Cleaned them up nice, but they were all coated with a somewhat slimy brown/yellow layer of god knows what. Thats the first time i only got one use out of a Mr. Clean magic eraser. Clean as a whistle now, but I can't understand how anyone get let ANYTHING in their house get so filthy that its covered in a layer of brown/yellow film.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hearing about these systems makes me sad

The worst system I've seen? Well, it's not a system, but stilla funny story. My wife's grandparents computer stopped working. I cracked her open to see why not, and found a pile of cat food inside.

They think a squirrel may have snuck in and was hiding the cat's food inside the computer. They were missing a PCI slot cover in the back, I guess he must have squeezed through there.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Ascending Wordsmith's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ever see that segment in Creepshow 2 where Stephen King's character touches that meteor, and he begins to sprout grass/moss all over his body?

I saw a Sega CD attachment like that in the flea market. It had stains of a liquid that had spilled all over it. Attached to these stains were years of lint and dust.
    Never use a long word where a short one will do.

--George Orwell

(formerly PC Kwaj)

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah my problem was not with a system but with a Ninja Gaiden cart I picked up from a goodwill for cheap. The cart litralley looked like a smurf had been shot by it, because there was a splatter of blue crap all over the cartridge. I spent the better part of that afternoon cleaning it off and the towel I used was stained completely beyond washing out. The good news in all of this is that the game worked. The bad news is that Ninja Gaiden is still ridiculously hard.
    Looking to buy any Criterion movies that I don't already have.

http://cinemalacrum.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark0673
    Roaches?!?! Thats the most disgusting thing I have ever heard. Does it work now?
    We took the Gamecube apart as much as possible and there was still creepy-crawlers hiding in spots all over that thing.

We set it outside in the cold and they still lived.

We left it in a bag full of bug spray and sealed it up and that didnt work.

But in the end the roaches won as they got to keep thier home and the GC (for whatever reason) quit working.

I could understand a 10-20 yr old game system being infested (been sitting around for awhile) but for a fairly new system to be infested with 2, possibly 3 different kinds of roaches?

Strawberry (Level 2) xtremegamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

One of the worst systems I have seen came from a huge lot of Nintendo stuff I bought this summer. Systems had staines of ever color from yellow to blue to red. It looks like someone went crazy with a set of markers. When I got the system opened up, it was full of spider webs and of course, dead spiders. The AC adapter casing looked to be held together by duct tape, but that had worn off and now the AC adapter was just held together by the sticky film left behind. Needless to say I cleaned it up a little and was quick to get rid of it.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cambot
    I always see this SNES at a pawn shop not even in the case with all the other video game stuff. It has a sign next it that says "$5.00 as is." The poor system is yellow on both sides (almost green even) and has multiple cigaarette burns and all sorts of other dirt, crud, stains and muck.
    Don't tell me you can't drop a fiver on it and restore it a little. That's what I would do. It'd make for a decent thread.

In a side note, this topic makes me wary of opening up my systems now.

Strawberry (Level 2) tornadostormxl's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a xbox that didnt come with a cover

Insert Coin (Level 0) gamesniper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    nonzer0 sum

I bought a Colecovision in a pawn shop in Atoka, OK, in which the owner smoked like a chimney. The Coleco was absolutely filthy, caked with cigarette smoke residue, full of dead spiders and various other creepy-crawlies, and the video cable ended in bare wires, no phono plug.

I bought it for $5 as-is, completely disassembled it, cleaned every part extensively, re-ended the cable and it works fine. I think that the level of filth of the system actually worked to keep its usage down, as the two controllers are still in decent shape, performance-wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango
    Any used system i buy i open up and clean out.

It's part of the ritual of becoming its new owner, cleaning out the previous owners filth (mostly dust bunnies).

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango
    Don't tell me you can't drop a fiver on it and restore it a little. That's what I would do. It'd make for a decent thread.

For $5.00 I'd buy it for it's internals..(switch the insides with a nice outer shell)

Roaches:
    I usually look the systems over pretty good before I buy them..any sign of roaches and I won't buy a system no matter what it is nor the price..

I check the systems when I bring them home..If I see any sign or roaches I throw the system out...Sealed in bags and in the garbage outside...
    ..Again,no matter what it is nor the price..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The problem with that Gamecub i mentioned was that just looking at it you couldn't tell it was infested.

The only reason any of us at the store i worked at knew there was bugs in it was when one popped up to say hello from the opening where the laser eye moves.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Holy shit. Aren't you in Houston? Is this pawn shop in a strip center next to a Radio Shack?

LMAO, I was just about to mention the same exact SNES! Too funny. That same pawn shop had an X-Box with no cords or controllers "As Is" for $50. Closer inspection showed that it had been opened at one point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Model 2 sega genesis

was kind of nasty on the outside - so i handeld it with gloves and doused it with alcohol.

next - open the system up for cleaning (like i do will all my systems )
    first thing that happend - i was hit in the face with a horrendus odoor (like a 10 year old never cleaned porta potty) - i began to fight the urge to vomit - also i didnt want to drop the peices any where in my house so i ran them out side (holding my breath all the way). Outside i was able to breath better and noticed it was filled with roaches -- i mean filled. I had the urge to just throw the system away but i couldnt. i took a bucket and filled it with 91% alcohol and dumped the system in. put 3 pairs of examination gloves on, grabed a tooth brush and started scrubbing. I did this a few times (the cleaning cost me more than the system). I scrubbed everything. I had my doubts that the system would work after all that but it did and its the system that i use today and abuse (what i mean by that is - i don't take super care of it like all my other stuff)

Oh the other thing about this is that the house it came from must have been the same way - i belive the system was used in foul conditions and must have been a roach motel becasue there was a great concentration of dead roaches all around the voltage regualtors and heat sink leading me to belive that they huddled around the warmest area. Those bugs were every where inside but it was like the regs had a cocoon made of roaches
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I kind of want to find wherever that is and buy that poor little SNES. Man, I feel like an idiot for feeling bad for a piece of plastic, but I do!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Ascending Wordsmith's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r
    I kind of want to find wherever that is and buy that poor little SNES. Man, I feel like an idiot for feeling bad for a piece of plastic, but I do!
    You're not alone. I had to rescue a Genesis from my cousin many years back. It just sat on his dresser, unused and neglected. Dust collected in the casing in layers. It was almost like layers of sediment it was so dusty. You could've put the dust under a microscope and seen the fossils of dust mites! I took it in and cleaned it up. Still have it to this day.
    Never use a long word where a short one will do.

--George Orwell

(formerly PC Kwaj)