Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lik-Sang closing!?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By the way, is out of business and bankruptcy exactly the same thing? I wonder because it says that everyon that payed L.S will get their money back, but if they are bankrupt, there are no money left..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How about Import Chain Stores in the US..I get most of my Super Famicom Games at store

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They got a website?

Do they sell wacky shit not seen in US stores?

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Double Post...WEEEE!

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    There is one thing that i dont get to add up. If this was something Sony did on their own why do they only ban export/import of PSP and not PSX/PS2? Another thing is why L.S ignored the warning(s) from Sony about selling PSP worldwide.
    I'm still trying to figure out exactly how it is illegal to sell PSP systems to Europe. I understand that it hurts Sony of Europe's bottom line, but where does is say that selling a system to another region is illegal? And a region-free system no less.

None of this makes sense because no matter what Sony gets money from the systems sold.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Push Upstairs
    I'm still trying to figure out exactly how it is illegal to sell PSP systems to Europe. I understand that it hurts Sony of Europe's bottom line, but where does is say that selling a system to another region is illegal? And a region-free system no less.

None of this makes sense because no matter what Sony gets money from the systems sold.
    My guess would be that the importers in Europe have a contract with Sony that says they are the only one allowed to import PSP stuff to (insert country here). This stuff might not be in the PS2 contract so it only affects PSP. When L.S also importing (well, exporting) to that country its up to Sony to make sure that the contract is followed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have guessed that laws would be different reguarding the importing/exporting of electronic good between HK/Asia and Europe.

Still makes little sense but i'm glad that Sony didnt take a cue from the RIAA and sue individual people for what they did.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

This is truely shameful to import and domestic gamers.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Why doesn't sony want lik-sang to export PSPs?
    Just a guess on my part, but by importing you're bypassing Sony's true customers - the Best Buys/EBs/Wal-Marts of the world. Without those companies buying Sony product, they sell little to nothing. I'm willing to bet they put a *lot* of pressure on Sony (and MS, and Nintendo) to cut down on this sort of thing from happening.

I love the fact people are forgetting Nintendo and Microsoft sued Lik-sang also.
    Yeah, this kills me too. Sony happens to be the one that sued them last so they take the brunt.

I've ordered from lik-sang before and I'm sad to see them go, but I bear no ill will towards Sony. It's like any business like this I order from: I simply enjoy their service while I can, and when they're gone I'll just go somewhere else.

I mean come on people, it's not like the flow of import stuff is going to cease. Even if every current major avenue of Importing was closed tomorrow, by next week something else will have arisen to take it's place.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    Why doesn't sony want lik-sang to export PSPs?
    Just a guess on my part, but by importing you're bypassing Sony's true customers - the Best Buys/EBs/Wal-Marts of the world. Without those companies buying Sony product, they sell little to nothing. I'm willing to bet they put a *lot* of pressure on Sony (and MS, and Nintendo) to cut down on this sort of thing from happening.
    The thing about it is, is that Lik-Sang had to buy systems from Sony too. So Lik-Sang was a customer along with all the other places you listed.

[quote]
    I love the fact people are forgetting Nintendo and Microsoft sued Lik-sang also.
    Yeah, this kills me too. Sony happens to be the one that sued them last so they take the brunt.
    No, Sony takes the brunt because (as of this point) they are the ones that sued the company out of business.

I've ordered from lik-sang before and I'm sad to see them go, but I bear no ill will towards Sony. It's like any business like this I order from: I simply enjoy their service while I can, and when they're gone I'll just go somewhere else.

I mean come on people, it's not like the flow of import stuff is going to cease. Even if every current major avenue of Importing was closed tomorrow, by next week something else will have arisen to take it's place.
    For me it's not so much about the loss of an import store and more like it's Sony trying to exert control over thier customers. You can only buy from us, you can only buy it here, and you *have* to pay this price. It wouldn't be any different if Wal-Mart/Best Buy/EB were to make it so that you could not shop elsewhere to buy video games.

But here is something interesting to think about:

Sony of Japan sold those systems to Lik-Sang a known importer, Sony of Europe is the one who was up in arms over thier exporting and sale.

Why would two parts of the same company act in such polar oppsite ways?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No, Sony takes the brunt because (as of this point) they are the ones that sued the company out of business.
    So because nintendo and microsoft were quicker to sue they are let off the hook? ok ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The name of the company is irrelevant, even it if was MS or Nintendo i'd still feel the same way.

Big company decided to take out a smaller company by outspending them in court.

I know it's hard to understand that someone could look past the name/manufacturer of a game system but people like that do exist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Quote Originally Posted by Push Upstairs
    Why would two parts of the same company act in such polar oppsite ways?
    "Polar Opposites don't, push away - it's the same"

(Quote from a fave MM track of mine ).

Big companies like Sony are run like seperate competiting entities when it comes to all their various branches. Remember when Sony Music was up in arms because the Sony Mini Disc group was pushing mp3s (a format the music industry *hates*). Same thing.

Sony Japan simply doesn't care that it is affecting Sony Europe. And of course Sony Europe has to protect it's customers (whatever they're called in Europe) from importers. Crazy sounding yes, but life in big business these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting. I checked my e-mail this morning to find this:

Lik-Sang. com <info@lists.lik-sang.com> to me
    8:55 pm

Dear valued customer,

Your Login/Email is: (my email)
    Your password is: ********

As of today, Lik-Sang.com will not be in the position to accept any new orders and will cancel and refund all existing orders that have already been placed. Furthermore, Lik-Sang is working closely with banks and PayPal to refund any store credits held by the company, and the customer support department is taking care of any open transactions such as pending RMAs or repairs and shipping related matters. The staff of Lik-Sang will make sure that nobody will get hurt in the crossfire of this ordeal. To read the full article please visit: http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3901

Our records indicates you can retrieve an additional $ 9,99 USD refund in your PayPal account. In order to successfully retrieve the refund please confirm your existing PayPal account on this page. Please notice that the confirmation of your PayPal account is needed to have this refund send into your PayPal account.

If your PayPal account is no longer active on this (garethlegacy@gmail.com) address you will have to create a free PayPal account at: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...gistration-run to retrieve this refund. Once your account is created and activated please confirm your account information at the above page.

We feel very sorry for any inconvenience and trying to make all refunds to take place as soon as possible.

Team Lik-Sang"

Now here's the thing, I haven't ordered anything from them in the past year at least, and I certainly don't recall ordering anything that was backordered for this long to trigger getting a refund. There's a link to put my PayPal password in, but I'm too scared.

Has anyone else got this e-mail..?

And I may have jumped the gun just a bit in my first post in this thread. I'm more pissed off at the fact that Lik-Sang is closing then I am at Sony. :P

My first PC games and favorite game of all-time.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It might be someone that take advantage of their situation and try to phish. Check if the link really links to Paypal (on the forum it does, but in the e-mail it might not). Also check properies on the mail and see what mailserver its sent from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy
    There's a link to put my PayPal password in, but I'm too scared.
    Firstly, thanks for the heads up!

My thoughts: why would a company give anybody an *extra* 9.99 refund? Oh sure, the anti-Sony sentiment might think it was a cool way to rebel, by giving settlement money to customers instead of to the company that killed them, but the real world doesn't work like that in my estimation. It's a good way to *trick* those who would think that way though, which is what this phishing crap is always about...

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another thing that i wonder, how can L-S pay back all money when they are bankrupt, or is "out of business" somthing else? When you're bankrupt you dont have more money left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Another thing that i wonder, how can L-S pay back all money when they are bankrupt, or is "out of business" somthing else? When you're bankrupt you dont have more money left.
    You can definitely be 'out of business' but not bankrupt. Being bankrupt usually means you apply for bankrupcy protection (which in turn means that your creditors have to wait to get any money from you, usually not 100% of what is owed but that depends on the creditor).

PSP-Hacks.com has also listed this exact same email as spam to watch out for, so the case is pretty much closed I'd say (although you knew that right from the get go).