Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lik-Sang closing!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This makes me want to take donations to buy a PS3 then have a video of me killing it with a freaking chainsaw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    This makes me want to take donations to buy a PS3 then make a video of me killing it with a freaking chainsaw.
    Fixed. MAKE a video, Not HAVE a video.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Atari7800boy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like the end of importing as we know it. Other companies will have to rethink about exporting out of their regions. In the UK there are now hardly any importers of games. CEX in London suffered from Nintendo in the past. it now sells crappy secondhand stuff like DVD's and mobile phones. The retro stuff is almost all gone.

I have used Lik-sang for many years, not only for new stuff but the odd retro bit. The only draw back is getting stung by customs.

I am sure the import business will go "underground", with contacts in the US and Hong Kong.

The next few weeks we will see what happens. No doubt EBay may be targeted next as people will ask even more now for an imported system.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no before I was just pissed at sony for building crappy machines. Now I like some games that come on sony only platforms, but I think I've decided how to deal with this.

I WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY A NEW SONY PRODUCT AT RETAIL.

anything related to sony that I must have, will be bought used. by doing this I will not support the company at retail. someone else will have to do that, I will support the gamestops and EB's of the world before I directly give another dollar to sony.I may not get that game I want right away, but I'll be willing to wait to see that sony gets nothing from me again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    The PS3 is going to be region free and Sony is responsible for bringing down the biggest import sales site online??? Smooth move Sony.
    Partially true. There's no region coding by default and its up to the publishers as to if they want to region code their games. The Xbox360 is the same way and nearly all japanese games are region coded while only half of the US games are region coded.

No idea why japanese publishers would want to region code 360 games...they'd probably sell more to importers than they'd ever see in country

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx
    Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    The PS3 is going to be region free and Sony is responsible for bringing down the biggest import sales site online??? Smooth move Sony.
    Partially true. There's no region coding by default and its up to the publishers as to if they want to region code their games. The Xbox360 is the same way and nearly all japanese games are region coded while only half of the US games are region coded.

No idea why japanese publishers would want to region code 360 games...they'd probably sell more to importers than they'd ever see in country
    Ah, so the PS3 is going to be region free on games after all? Is this 100% confirmed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Sony can go fuck themselves. Lik-Sang will be missed. I'm sure they'll be back under a new name in no time.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sony denies closing down Lik Sang

Well Sony is denying the closure of Lik Sang:

This is an interesting read and DOES have some funny arguements about buying the PSP from Lik Sang for investigation purposes.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=20564

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyukaze
    Hmm, Sony Products of Asia dont meet up with the safety standards of Europe or the United Kingdom. Who else thinks this is both BS and a realy BAD thing for Sony to be admiting?
    It is actually true though... quality standards in Asia are not as stringent as they are here in Europe. It's a wonder then that they managed to be able to sell defective consoles here in the first place :P

I posted this rant over at another place I visit, but I felt it was worth repeating here...

Now Mr Sony, please tell me here, and excuse me for being a little mystified... why bother touting the PS3 as a region free gaming experience if you are going to prevent people from importing your hardware? Not only that, but clamping down on people importing the games as well (witness PlayAsia not selling PSP titles to Europe). Isn't the whole thing just a little bit of an oxymoron? After all, if the PS3 is being proposed as playing games from any region, then why are you doing your best to stop us acquiring them from another region? Or do you actually WANT us to visit the country in question to buy the product instead of sitting in our nice homes and clicking on the computer, safely away from any marauding attacks by Giant Enemy Crabs?

Frankly Nintendo used to be a little draconian in their tactics to stop people from importing, but that was nothing compared to what's currently going on. So much for the free market economy and worldwide markets, "you can have any game you want as long as it's sold in your country" I can hear them cry in your offices.

Personally I only have one response: FUCK YOU. Do you actually want to encourage piracy here? Think about it. Mod your console and download ISOs from the net, burn the discs yourself and stick them in the machine. Sure it might be trickier for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD coming out, but burners for both will come across soon enough. How do you think so many people "acquire" their games currently? Where possible I will want to actually buy an original, you know, give some money to the hard working grunts who produced the code instead of getting it for free. By restricting people from getting the real thing with their hard earned money, you're only telling them that it doesn't matter what we the consumers want, it only matters what you want to give us. And in today's market that's becoming less of an issue. Consumers are slowly becoming more savvy regarding what's out there. There are many examples of games getting worldwide fame despite only being released in Japan (I think Ouendan actually sold MORE outside of Japan than inside!).

Personally your actions are most likely going to be similar to those actions against file sharing networks. You might take one down, but another will spring up in its place. You can't stop it, and it is arrogant to think that you can. If you do somehow manage to even stop people on eBay shipping your games abroad, then Satan may skate to work the next day. I hope that never comes to pass, but I'm sure you might already be thinking of trying that, not just stopping people selling their PS3 pre-orders.

In conclusion, by this action, you may find a lot more people are suddenly going to turn their backs on you...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    This makes me want to take donations to buy a PS3 then have a video of me killing it with a freaking chainsaw.

www.smashmyps3.com

They have enough money for the PS3 smashing on launch day.

You should see the 360 one on smashmy360.com, funny shit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of my friends just pointed this out to me over AIM about an hour ago. Damn it to hell. First EA is trying to take over Ubi-Soft, now this.

I loved Lik-Sang. I bought my PSX SmartJoy adaptor from them that I'm using to this day, and they always had cool import gadgets I was interested in.

Ugh! This infuriates me. I never held anything against Sony until now. If I ever decide to buy a PS3, it's going to be used, because it'll be a cold day in hell before they ever garner profit from me.

I'd wish for Sony to crash and burn this generation, but all the Sony fanbois won't let that happen.

My first PC games and favorite game of all-time.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why doesn't sony want lik-sang to export PSPs? How do they lose out? Do they charge more in Europe than they do in Asia so they are losing profit margin? I don't understand what the issue is herE?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theoakwoody
    Why doesn't sony want lik-sang to export PSPs? How do they lose out? Do they charge more in Europe than they do in Asia so they are losing profit margin? I don't understand what the issue is herE?
    Yea, the PSPs are way more expensive in europe (~$280+ vs $200 in the US) and it's cheaper to just import them from Asia or the US.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I love the fact people are forgetting Nintendo and Microsoft sued Lik-sang also. I think I will start at thread how Sony the great depression. I am sure some Sony haters will flood the thread with their opinion on how Sony did in fact start the great depression. x_x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy
    Ugh! This infuriates me. I never held anything against Sony until now. If I ever decide to buy a PS3, it's going to be used, because it'll be a cold day in hell before they ever garner profit from me.
    Well, since they're reporting a loss on each console sold at launch, you could always buy one and then, you know, not buy any games or accessories for it. That'll show 'em.
    Feedback thread here

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And people wonder why I'm always "trolling" Sony.

This is just another example of douchebaggery on Sony's part. It's part of a long, sad history of douchebaggery.

I quit buying new Sony products years ago. That is a company that just doesn't deserve any support from anyone. I am amazed that Sony receives so much support with their "attack the customer" attitude. I can proudly say that I have yet to buy a single game for my PS2 that isn't used. The best way to boycott Sony is to pirate or buy games used.

I've started boycotting EA recently as well with their constant flooding of the market with garbage that drowns out great games like Psychonauts and Beyond Good and Evil, hostile takeovers of other companies and then ruining them, and putting spyware in their games.

EA and Sony: Who will be the third company to join these two in ruining the gaming industry, I wonder? Then we'll have a Gaming Axis of Evil. I hope Ubisoft stays good. Ubisoft is an example of a gaming company that has become a juggernaut, but have managed to retain quality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Hep038
    I love the fact people are forgetting Nintendo and Microsoft sued Lik-sang also.
    Apples and oranges. People are pissed at the way Sony went about suing Lik-Sang. Nintendo sued to stop Lik-Sang from selling specific items and stopped at that. Sony chose the tactic of filing multiple lawsuits in multiple countries with the express purpose of driving them out of business.

Now where did I put that torch and pitchfork?
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    In conclusion, by this action, you may find a lot more people are suddenly going to turn their backs on you...

I wasn't really for or against Sony but suddenly i feel the need to stick up for them anymore.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn, no edit function!

I don't feel the need to stick up for them anymore

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Bummer. I liked Lik-Sang, although I never did a lot of bidneth with them.