Thread: VGA cable for the original xbox, what is the best?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default VGA cable for the original xbox, what is the best?

So I have started the long and painful process of making my new game room and I have several questions in reguards to hooking up an xbox to a CRT monitor. I know that the 360 has several cheap and inexpensive options to hook up to a monitor, but finding one for the xbox is a different story. I am looking to hook up my xbox to a crt monitor for a nice clean picture and the benifits of the monitor(resolution). I have one for my Dreamcast and it is awsome. Does anyone here know of where I can find one that works well? I also would like to hook up other systems I have up to monitors, but I dont know of any sites that specialize in the parts I am looking for(Or people who can do it for me). Any suggestions would be helpful, John
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use a Key Digital component to VGA transcoder for my Xbox and Gamecube. Bought it years ago when KDS was clearing them out; it cost $65 if I remember right. Not sure what is available nowadays although I'm sure a component to VGA transcoder is easy enough to find. Might be a bit more pricey than you're expecting though. Some people modify D-terminal cables into VGA cables for GC, but if you need a solution for both Xbox and GC a transcoder might be cheaper.

For systems that don't do progressive, I use an XRGB-2 unit. Upscans 480i quite nicely. I have Saturn and PS2 hooked up to that. They're definitely pricey (I paid over $200 for one around five years ago). I think Micomsoft just released the XRGB-3, not sure how much those are.