Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Most violent video game... EVER.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: wanna know the most violent videogame in the world is

Mr. RYAN is aware that Tom Hall is working on the new NARC? Yes.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll hop on the Chiller bandwagon. Every other game has some kind of storyline or reasoning (however poor) behind the violence. The point of Chiller is "shoot stuff to kill things."

And boy, it's still fun for some reason when I dig out the NES cart.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chiller, just because it really has no storyline. Someone just decided to put people up on torture devices and have the player shoot the flesh off. BONUS points if you manage to completely sever a joint.

Story wise...I would say the suffering.

Followed closely by Mario Sunshine...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: wanna know the most violent videogame in the world is

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Mr. RYAN is aware that Tom Hall is working on the new NARC? Yes.
    I saw a very short clip on this. You don't happen to have a production blog or anythign about the games development?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Allow me to bump the topic with this comment: Eternal Champions: Challenge From the Dark Side is so ridiculously (and humorously) gory that it makes Mortal Kombat look like the most kid-friendliest title since Donkey Kong Jr. Math.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

I don't really think well ever be able to decalare a game the most vilolent simply because everyone's opinion of violence differes. However there are definitly some games that deserve honourable mention in the violent games catagory.

- Mortal Kombat, Doom and Nighttrap for bringing VG violence in the media spotlight. Hell they're the reason why we have the ESRB

- Duke Nukem 3d, simply because it has got to be the most popular game with an RSAC violence rating of 4: Wanton and Gartuitous Violence (Who doesn't love that level?)

- Chiller because... well because it's chiller. The game speaks for itself.

- GTA 3 and GTA:VC for bringing video game violence back into the spotlight and Manhunt for being one of the worst violent games that most people have played.

- Carmageddon for bringing fresh meat into the racing genre.

- Postal and Postal 2 for its over the top, "You're fucking right it's sick and depraved, what could be better?" attitude. Way to go Running with Scissors Software for not playing the censorship game.

- thrill kill of course is famous for being an inventive 4 play fighting game that got cancelled by EA because it was too violent

- The Punisher (PRIOR TO THE CENSORSHIP PREFORMED BY THQ) This game could've been the holy grail of violence, unfortunately due to an AO rating from the ESRB THQ had to tone down a lot of the violence which for me really hurt the experience. If you've seen the developer commentary on IGN or played that No censorship hack of the game you know exactly what i mean. As if the violence witnessed on screen wasn't enough the screams and pleas for mercy make it all the more cold and really add to the violent nature of the game. If you doubt me play the funeral level and fry someone in the creamatorium. Those screams combined with what was happening on screen made for one of the most distrubingly violent gaming moments in my life.

Those games represent the cream of the violent, main-stream crop and as you can see they're violent in different ways for different reasons. Each having aspects unique to it's own time. Choosing the most violent game is impossible.

I'd also like to mention Double Dragon 2 for the Genesis simply because of the opening. It's not bloody, it's not graphic, but there's just something about a villian unloading an entire clip from a machine gun into a woman that just seems so violent for that era. It's a shame the nes version lacks that intro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

manhunt is by far the worst...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I gotta go outside the consoles and vote for Phantasmagoria, that old Sierra Point-and-Click adventure.

A lot of games fall for the traps of A. Making EVERY LAST DETAIL VIOLENT (which in effect creates a "yeah right" effect on the player, watch Kitana's fan move in MKII and seriously consider a person losing that much blood and fighting on) and MAKING THE VIOLENCE SERVE NO FUCKING PURPOSE (Dead to Rights and State of Emergency are guilty of this while remaining good games, Devil May Cry is an example of this in a poor context)

Phantasmagoria fell for neither trap. The violence occured only at specific plot points, where it was needed to progress the story, and it occured in a context where you felt (with one important exception) helpless to stop it. The game was obviously blue-screened in terms of backgrounds, but the characters were realistic enough to make the victims realistic. The violence was pretty serial-killer in terms of how ghastly it was (some might call it over-the top), but due to the fact that the majority of the game remained close to reality, and how subdued and peaceful (yet always eerie) the setting was, the violence that occured was the most realistic and powerful.
    I am the reinforcements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

for PC, there's serious sam and quake III, both of which let you blast people into little chunks of meat. and in state of emergency you can chop off people's heads. X play did a show the other day about the goriest games. up there were bloodrayne 2, mortal kombat, and i forget what others.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-----
    Last edited by stonic; 11-05-2010 at 04:52 PM.
    [SIZE="4"]<< INSERT MESETA FOR SIGNATURE >>[/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

D'oh! I posted this link in another thread, and I remembered, "Hey, this game is incredulously violent!" Behold the crimson splendor of Waxworks.

http://www.nemmelheim.de/horrorsoft/...rks/index.html
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp