Thread: The PlayStation controller racket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default The PlayStation controller racket

If you're like me, you'd think that a PlayStation should be found on eBay could be found for $4. Not so. Type in '"dual shock" controller' or 'playstation controller' and sort by lowest price, and you'll almost invariably find that all the items returned are asking $7 for shipping at the very least.

So you decide to filter out the bad sellers.

Nope, not gonna happen!

Let's take a look at one. Search for "PS2 AIR RACER CONTROLLER PLAYSTATION 2" and you'll find listings by volcanogames AND livinlovnit...but livinlovnit uses the same pictures and text as volcanogames. In fact, all that's different about these 'two sellers' is that they use two different profiles.

Such a pain in the arse. For your enjoyment, here's a few seller names I put in my Exclude list (and I'm probably not a third of the way through, so I'm just going to give up for now):

paylessauction videogameswholesale skinstop gameinfinity dvdking888 powergamer88 livnlovinit gameliquidations costbuy playtimeauction importparadise2004 volcanogames egameuniverse gamezforless

(In the From Sellers section of the Advanced Search page, just paste these into the box next to Include, and change that to Exclude from the drag-down list.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: The PlayStation controller racket

Add 'skinstop' to the list of volcanogames clones, and change that search above to 'playstation air controller.' Note that I use single quotes (like 'this') instead of double quotes ("etc") so show what you type in. The double quotes are used to tell eBay to search for words in that specific order.