Thread: Xbox 1 hard drive

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Xbox 1 hard drive

I read somewhere that you can take the hard drive out of xbox and replace it with a bigger hard drive. How would I do this, what kind of HD would I need, and can it save games? (I mean like the full game). also, Can I still go on xbox live with out getting banned?

Thanks.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First off, getting on Xbox live, from what I hear it depends on the type of mod ya do and if Micro$oft can detect it, but no matter what mod ya do, It IS A Risk & Ya Could Possably Get Cought And Banned.

Now as for the HDD, yes it is possable to replace the HDD in a XB, and Yes you can save FULL COPIES of games on your XB HDD and play them without a disk. If you really get creative, some people have made apps and emulators that will work on a modded XB with a larger HDD so you could copie over an emulator and you fave games for another system and play those too.

Now in order for your XB to accept the new HDD, and to be able to copy games to the HDD along with other things such as apps, music, or movies, or whatever else ya can and want, you do have to mod the system. I am not the biggest expert on these mods here, in fact I have nvr done one, only reserched many in hopes of doing on someday, but there are 2 types of mods, Hard and Soft.

Soft mods can be very easy if you can get the needed stuff. They will exploit bugs and stuff in games and XB protocall to make the XB run diffrently. Once ya do this it wont check to see if ya got the origional M$ XB HDD in there, so you can simply pop in a compatable HDD and all is good. Some of the easiest, best known, and most popular Soft mods (like EvolutionX (done with certin versions of MechAssault and an altered save file of the net)) also come ready with all the options needed to copie movies and games to your XB, and if you are rly careful apps. Cons to soft mods though; if ya dont know what you are doing and ya change a setting or copy over a faulty app, you can ruin ur XB forever.

Soft mods involve software modding.

Now hard mods, I cant tell ya a lot. Get other peeps to tell ya more. But hard mods use special chips that tell the XB to act diffrently, such as telling the XB not to check the HDD and telling it to alow coping of games to the HDD. Hard mods involve actually opening up the XB system and attacting new chips to the boards inside the system, usually through soddering. I also know that there are sodderless chips that you can just snap on or sit down on a board in the right spot, but most experts will tell ya NOT to do these as they can fall off and then ur screwed.

Hard mods invovle adding hardware chips modding.

I would like to make 2 quicky notes b4 i end now:
    1. YOUR WARENTLY AND WHATEVER ELSE WILL BE VOID IF YA DO ANY MODDING OR REPLACE THE HDD!
    2. You will instantly risk being cought by M$ if ya go on XBL and getting banned. If ya use a modded system, I would use it offline only, or else get a rly rly good mod and be rly rly extreamly rly cocky.

I hope i helped ya a bit, but if ya want more help, sry, i dont think I can help much further, but I know there are others on this site that can, hopefully they will come forward with more info now.

SuperShark
    I will get around to editing this thing again.