Thread: Just bought an Xbox 360 for $ 100

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Just bought an Xbox 360 for $ 100

I should have got it for free but my plan failed. If you have a MicroCenter store in your area they are offering $ 100 mail-in rebate on all xbox systems. They also are offering $ 200 off of anything in the store if you sign up for vonage. So you could actually get a core system for free or a premium system for $ 100. My mom bought my brother a system for x-mas but I decided not to get one because it wasn't free. You see they also offer a visa credit card with 13,000 free in store points but I didn't get approved for the card. One catch I'm not sure about though is that I think in order to "cash out" these 13,000 points, which is some how $ 100, you have to spend at least $ 399 on the card. Well, when you sign up for vonage it is an instant discount so you would only be spending $ 199 and then getting $ 100 back once you mail in the rebate. So, you might have to spend an extra $ 200 just to get the $ 100 back from the credit card. So I guess if you buy an extra controller and two games you could actually end up spending a total of $ 200 for the whole package.

I still need to go back and get mine but unfortunately I am already with Vonage so I need to find a way to cancel so I can re-sign up and get my $ 200 instant discount.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not too bad!

I actually just got me a 360 bundle today myself -- there's a holiday special in the Asia region. They have a 360 premium package + 1 extra controller + DOA 4 for just less than $400. Basically, free extra controller and DOA4. Snapped that right up!

Were there any other super 360 sales to coincide with the others' launches?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I saw here in Canada there were sales for Gears of War, and the Xbox 360 with Graw and arcade for 450 in time for the PS3 launch

I think it also included something else but it's all good.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Quote Originally Posted by smork View Post
    Not too bad!

I actually just got me a 360 bundle today myself -- there's a holiday special in the Asia region. They have a 360 premium package + 1 extra controller + DOA 4 for just less than $400. Basically, free extra controller and DOA4. Snapped that right up!

Were there any other super 360 sales to coincide with the others' launches?
    Yes, a friend of mine got the xbox360 on amazon for $100 on Thanksgiving day! Wish I had been near a computer that day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never even heard of Microcenter, so I just got my Premium 360 earlier this week from Dell for $360.40 shipped after tax. Deal is dead now but I think Overstock still has the $352 deal for a Premium going on right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

muhahaha, the more 360's the less ps3's!

I don't hate.. I just don't have one, so more people for me to blow up on 360!

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by geneshifter View Post
    Yes, a friend of mine got the xbox360 on amazon for $100 on Thanksgiving day! Wish I had been near a computer that day

No.... you really don't. It was a big clusterfuck. Everyone of the DP regulars in IRC were all trying together to get one. We all watched Amazon crash twice in the 5 minutes before they went on sale, and that they were gone before anyone could even get a page to load saying that they were sold out. It was just a tad bit disapointing.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    No.... you really don't. It was a big clusterfuck. Everyone of the DP regulars in IRC were all trying together to get one. We all watched Amazon crash twice in the 5 minutes before they went on sale, and that they were gone before anyone could even get a page to load saying that they were sold out. It was just a tad bit disapointing.
    Oooo, that sounds pretty bad, lol. Oh well, I would liked to have tried. $100 is a steal. I was too busy playing the Wii all that week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess the trick in getting one of those $100 360's was to use Amazon's https server instead of the normal one. Not a lot of people were on that and nobody had problems loading the page, so it was just a matter of how fast you could click the Purchase button.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    One of us got lucky though. I remember reading over on the Atari Age boards that jibbajaba managed to snag one.

I already have one, so I had zero desire to huddle over my computer while I could be enjoying turkey

Insert Coin (Level 0) Mark30001's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was going to purchase an XBOX 360 priced at $100 at Amazon.com, but people remember what happened...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GrantCanyon

Default PS Oblivion

i think the most i would pay for a xbox 3shity is about 100 bucks. I just want to reflash the system and do other mods to it. Im fine with playing oblivion on my PC.
    800,2600,5200,7800,C64,Intellivision,NES1+2,NEX,SM S 1+2,GENNY1-3,CDi,SEGA CD1+2,SNES1+2,TG16,VB,N64(Reg,blue,green),Saturn1+ 2,PS,PSone w/LCD,PS2,Xbox,NGPC,GG,GB,GBC,GBA,GBA SP,Game.com,WonderSwan,Lynx I+II,3D0fz1+10,PICO,Nomad,GP32,DC(reg+sport),GC (2of3),SuperFamicom,MVS, Neo Geo CD,Super Compact+Futbal edition,PSP,360,Wii,DS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 77punk View Post
    i think the most i would pay for a xbox 3shity is about 100 bucks. I just want to reflash the system and do other mods to it. Im fine with playing oblivion on my PC.
    Do you like to rain on parades?