Thread: Sega Saturn Devkit?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sega Saturn Devkit?

Heyaz,

Whats this worth? Its sitting at my parents house in my closet and I am wondering if its worth it for me to go back and get it. Im in a lil debt so I wondered what it be worth.

The story goes I worked for an isp in Chicago and would meet many customers. Well it turns out one liquidated hardware and had all this gear including a dev kit. I got it from him because I wanted to get into games and maybe learn something from it.

Its just the main machine. No docs or anything. I tried plugging it in and getting a display but I dont know how to work it so I just had a black screen. It does seem to power up.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GrantCanyon

Default Sega dev

hmm. im by Chicago. i would buy it if it were cheap enough for the love of the SEGA. Let me know, where are you around chicago?

Thanks
    800,2600,5200,7800,C64,Intellivision,NES1+2,NEX,SM S 1+2,GENNY1-3,CDi,SEGA CD1+2,SNES1+2,TG16,VB,N64(Reg,blue,green),Saturn1+ 2,PS,PSone w/LCD,PS2,Xbox,NGPC,GG,GB,GBC,GBA,GBA SP,Game.com,WonderSwan,Lynx I+II,3D0fz1+10,PICO,Nomad,GP32,DC(reg+sport),GC (2of3),SuperFamicom,MVS, Neo Geo CD,Super Compact+Futbal edition,PSP,360,Wii,DS

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you talking about a Sophia? If so it may very well be missing one processing chip. Many of the units were meant to be hooked up to a debugger that has the second chip in it. Without it they are useless. If this is the case I'd be interested in it. I bought one not knowing this. I should be able to put the two together and get a working unit. So if you have a sophia please let me know. If it is anything else you won't get a very good price unless it comes with the cartridge, atleast from what I've seen.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If what you have is normal looking Saturn console with a black metal box about the same size plus the cart with the circuit board sticking out and bundle of flat ribbon cable then you have what Sega calls CartDev. - probably Rev.B...
    Sadly its value isn't great unless you have the all the basic components - Mirage unit was optional.

Used to fetch decent on eBay but now they ban the dev stuff your best bet would be ask around Saturn related forum for someone who want to buy from you.
    In any case putting the picture of the stuff would be helpful as the buyers can then tell what's missing or not