Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's the Youngest with a Complete Nes Collection?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who's the Youngest with a Complete Nes Collection?

Hey guys. Well i was just thinking about something and i wanted to know if anyone knows whos the youngest person (that they know of) to totally complete the US NES collection cart only. Im very curious because after christmas this year im gonna be down to about 8 NES games i still need. SE, Bubble bath babes, peek a boo poker, Myriad, and Cheetahmen. ( think my mom might have got me hot slots as a surprise gift. And maybe a couple commons. (depends on what my parents and girlfriend might have got me for xmas) But I was down to only needing 30 nes games and i gave em both my list and they said they have been doing a lot of buying, so hopefully after the holidays that number might be knocked down a bit. Anyways im 20 years old turn 21 in january and was wondering if anyone else was my age when they completed theirs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Jumpman Jr. is around your age, he is the only person that comes to mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm that would be pretty sweet to be the youngest dude to do it. im gonna try to get the rest of em next year for sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Yeah, I thought Jumpman had a complete set and was under 21 when he got it.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've always thought it was me as well, but thats just becuase I never heard anything about anybody else younger than me completing it.
    I completed my collection in July of this year, which would mean that I completed it at 20 years and 7 months.

I'm still 20, and still sitting on the complete collection.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Heh, so since there are so many collectors that have complete NES collections you guys gotta find some other factor to tack on to somehow outdo everyone else?

Why even concern yourself with such things? The only purpose can be to show off and act like you're better than all the other collectors. Just enjoy what you have for yourself and to heck with whatever other collectors are doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Heh, so since there are so many collectors that have complete NES collections you guys gotta find some other factor to tack on to somehow outdo everyone else?

Why even concern yourself with such things? The only purpose can be to show off and act like you're better than all the other collectors. Just enjoy what you have for yourself and to heck with whatever other collectors are doing.
    I enjoy what I have for myself. I don't care what other collectors are doing.
    I just happen to be the youngest guy with the complete set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol figures there always has to be that one person who just trys to spoil it for everyone. listen dude im not in anyway bragging or showing off crap. I started this forum just because my one band member was like "dude i wonder if your the youngest punk to get every game" so it got me thinking. Obviousely im not because of jumpman so thats that. Besides i think its freaking AWESOME for jumpman. And aside from it being awesome i think its very very impressive. Trust me there arent too many 20 year kids who really have the TIME and of course the MONEY to do such a thing. So I think its kinda cool and should be noticed at least a little bit. Not saying they are better than someone who is older, but respected. It really takes a lot of time and determination to do such a thing. And being 20 i have a million things going on (getting my own place, starting to pay my own bills, etc.) It really takes a lot of skillfull spending to get this far. i mean yea its not that big of deal, but in reality it kinda is in a way. After seeing jumpmans forum the day he got every game was awesome, and really gave me some more motivation to keep collecting. Because im sure it has happened to tons of traders that when they get like 500 games they dont know whether to just sell em or keep going for it. (i know i did). So i didnt start this forum to be fighting with someone, so why be so negative?
    Anyways congrats jumpman! thats awesome dude, i cant wait until i get there. One thing thats holding me up is when i started collecting i was always under the impression i would find stadium events, and the panesians at a yard sale (lol wishful thinking) but 3 years later i still haveent lol. Biggest regret i have is that i didnt buy them back when they were cheaper, now i gotta pay the price to get em now lol. But still im gonna do it and try to do it next year because i think it would be awesome, whats wrong with setting goals lol? If i didnt have any goals i would have sold it all a year ago, which i was considering, but im extremely glad i didnt. So trying to get every game by the time im 21 was a little goal i set for myself, and im sorry if that offends anyone lol. geesh Anyways jumpman i might possibly be getting a cib cheetahmen, so ill let ya have my box if i do. ill keep ya posted bro. thanks

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I completed my NES set in 1999 or 2000 (carts only at the time) and that would have made me 23 or 24. Of course, I did not have to pay anywhere near as much money as everyone is these days, but I am paying heavily for boxes I was missing.

That's my advice to anyone, ALWAYS grab the box if you can locate it, they are just going to get tougher and tougher to locate.

Aussie: I don't think there are TOO many people with complete NES collections. I would say less than 20 for sure. A few years ago, I am not sure how many others besides myself had one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

You know what the cool thing is about you younger guys collecting NES games? You are collecting for a system that is almost as old as you are, which proves that young people like older games as well.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys are making me feel old! Although I have no plans on completing any consule collection I would like to however get those Saturn games under my belt, but am in no rush. It's cool to see determination towards something that requires quite a bit of work, time and lots of cash. What would be more interesting is to hear how long it took someone that's just 20 to get complete collections. Did you already have 100s from your childhood or did you just save up pay checks and purge into getting hundreds of NES games off eBay bundles? I know a few on here do big bunch purchases from online auctions and it's really the only way sometimes to make it worth your money.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In no way am i trying to bash you guys by saying this but I find it VERY interesting that you were only 20 when you finished your collection. This is for a system that came out when you were only what 1 years old when it came out?? Thats really impressive that you respect the classics. But I guess its the same with movies, for example, I was born in 79 and I like star wars that came out in what 77? Congrats guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks a lot man, see thats what im saying i kinda thought it was kinda cool as well to still be a semi kid and have almost all of em lol. i was born in january 1986. So yea i guess it kinda is like im collecting for a system thats about as old as me lol. never really thought of it like that, but it does sound pretty neat in a dorky way. haha. As for the other question about how>> well i was waiting to tell my whole story when i actually finish it, but for a quick sum up of things, i got my first nintendo when i was like 4, had about 10 or 15 games, sold it off at a yard sale when i was like 9 and then moved on to the snes, and n64, sega saturn, genesis. had em all when i was a kid. But then started downloading roms when i was 17 and playing the old classics, then got a top load for christmas in i think 2004. Picked up like 20 games from this thrift shop and then i was hooked lol. Started hitting flea markets every single weekend and before i knew it was over 100 games. And anyways a few summers later of doing the same thing, and hitting ebay and trade sites finally got over 700 games now. lol. As i said thats a brief story and will go into a ton of detail when i finish it lol. but as for this forum i was just curious whos around my age that has done it. :-)

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a ton of NES games boxed I think I am around 400, though I have not counted lately. The only thing that holds me up is that I do not buy NES games from ebay. I made a deal with myself that I would only buy NES games I found in the wild, and I only buy games if they have a box or if the lot of loose games is cheap enough. I have a ton of loose games but I do not count those towards my 400 total (those are complete game/box/manual). I KNOW I KNOW, I have been around this forum long enough to know you guys are saying this kid will never find stadium events, hot slots, etc in the wild. So one day I may break my rule, but for now it is all flea markets and yard sales. Though I do still buy my demos and promo items off ebay (I think I have one of the more extensive demo collections for SNES, N64, GB, GBA, VB). So me being 21 I think I am doing ok with my collection.

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where do you guys find the cash to do this? I'm 22, and I don't have the kind of side cash to throw a couple hundred bucks on an NES game. I've just been focusing on thrift stores, flea markets and craigslist. I'm in the 200 range, but I had maybe 50 from childhood. I don't even want to think about a complete set, I'm just trying to move forward and collect as much as I can for as cheap as I can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I always have to ask, what's complete NES collection?

complete US collection only?
    complete US with complete Euro-only released titles?
    complete US with complete Japanese-only released titles?
    complete US with complete Chinese/Taiwan-only (Sachen) released titles?
    complete US with complete released Euro/Japan?
    complete US with complete Euro/Japan/Chinese/Taiwan-only released titles?

clarification please, as many seem to have 'complete US' but many times include Sachen titles, which is like ...weird... surely Japan titles are more interesting.
    Last edited by tom; 12-08-2006 at 11:08 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would say it was US releases plus Sachen titles, but not pal or Japan releases. Also some include the NWC cart in this (both grey and gold) I would argue that those ar enot necessary seeing as how they were contest prizes and not actually released.

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im just including the us releases and not sachens yet. prolly later but for now just the US releases. i have a few PAL games that i found at a game show but thats pretty much it. i also have about 250-300 CIB NES Games as well including a whole bunch of the rares like caltron, F2, Bubble bobble 2 all CIB. as well as many others that i aquired in a very sweet trade about 2 years ago. As for the question about the money involed. i have to say some very very skillfull buying lol. Dude i make 8 bucks an hour. So im defintly not raking in the dough to buy these games . What happens is im actually fortunate enough to live in a location where i can go out on a weekend and find like 3 NES systems and like 20 games on a decent day easily. And mostly for a few bucks lol. (live in the boonies) So after lots of reselling and trading i manage to scrape up enough extra side cash to buy the games i cant find in the wild. But to be honest about 80% of my collection has come from being found in the wild, so ive had a lot of luck so far. Plus believe it or not where i live the cost of living is down so low that 8 bucks an hour is actually kinda decent in my town HAHA! and my house payment is only $250.00 a month lol. So eh i get by, but it does slow down the buying through the winter when i cant go out and find anything lol.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parpunk View Post
    lol figures there always has to be that one person who just trys to spoil it for everyone. listen dude im not in anyway bragging or showing off crap. I started this forum just because my one band member was like "dude i wonder if your the youngest punk to get every game" so it got me thinking. Obviousely im not because of jumpman so thats that. Besides i think its freaking AWESOME for jumpman. And aside from it being awesome i think its very very impressive. Trust me there arent too many 20 year kids who really have the TIME and of course the MONEY to do such a thing. So I think its kinda cool and should be noticed at least a little bit. Not saying they are better than someone who is older, but respected. It really takes a lot of time and determination to do such a thing. And being 20 i have a million things going on (getting my own place, starting to pay my own bills, etc.) It really takes a lot of skillfull spending to get this far. i mean yea its not that big of deal, but in reality it kinda is in a way. After seeing jumpmans forum the day he got every game was awesome, and really gave me some more motivation to keep collecting. Because im sure it has happened to tons of traders that when they get like 500 games they dont know whether to just sell em or keep going for it. (i know i did). So i didnt start this forum to be fighting with someone, so why be so negative?
    Man, your posts are really hard to read when you use so little proper punctuation.

I'm not offended or anything, nor am I trying to start a fight. I'm impressed by anyone who has the determination to complete a system library, especially one as large as the NES's, so I congratulate you on that. However, I think when you stray into the territory of comparing yourself to others, then it just seems like it's nothing more than a competition.

It's funny that you emphasize time and money, though. Honestly, I find nothing impressive about someone with a lot of time or money to spare. Generally, a kid with tons of games is just an indication that he comes from a better off family than the next guy. I am far more impressed by, say, a 35-year-old collector who manages to complete a collection after years and years of slowly collecting by trying to scrape up enough time and money between having a family to support, bills to pay, and a full-time job. Not that I know what your situation is; I'm just speaking in a general sense.

Insert Coin (Level 0) skankinmack's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's funny that you emphasize time and money, though. Honestly, I find nothing impressive about someone with a lot of time or money to spare. Generally, a kid with tons of games is just an indication that he comes from a better off family than the next guy. I am far more impressed by, say, a 35-year-old collector who manages to complete a collection after years and years of slowly collecting by trying to scrape up enough time and money between having a family to support, bills to pay, and a full-time job. Not that I know what your situation is; I'm just speaking in a general sense.
    well sorry we can't all be 35. I am a nes collector who is 21 and my collection is somewhere around 625. That being said, i don't get any help financially from my family. Car, phone, hydro, rent,food, i pay it all out of my own pocket. So why is it any less impressive when someone like me has a big/complete collection? at least i have passion for what i'm doing, so why do you need a reason to make me feel like a jerk? All you should care about is your life, your collection, not anyone elses'. people's situations in their life and their means to obtain these games don't really matter, all that matters is if they enjoy what they are doing.