Thread: Who's the Youngest with a Complete Nes Collection?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who's the Youngest with a Complete Nes Collection?

Hey guys. Well i was just thinking about something and i wanted to know if anyone knows whos the youngest person (that they know of) to totally complete the US NES collection cart only. Im very curious because after christmas this year im gonna be down to about 8 NES games i still need. SE, Bubble bath babes, peek a boo poker, Myriad, and Cheetahmen. ( think my mom might have got me hot slots as a surprise gift. And maybe a couple commons. (depends on what my parents and girlfriend might have got me for xmas) But I was down to only needing 30 nes games and i gave em both my list and they said they have been doing a lot of buying, so hopefully after the holidays that number might be knocked down a bit. Anyways im 20 years old turn 21 in january and was wondering if anyone else was my age when they completed theirs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Jumpman Jr. is around your age, he is the only person that comes to mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm that would be pretty sweet to be the youngest dude to do it. im gonna try to get the rest of em next year for sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Yeah, I thought Jumpman had a complete set and was under 21 when he got it.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've always thought it was me as well, but thats just becuase I never heard anything about anybody else younger than me completing it.
    I completed my collection in July of this year, which would mean that I completed it at 20 years and 7 months.

I'm still 20, and still sitting on the complete collection.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Heh, so since there are so many collectors that have complete NES collections you guys gotta find some other factor to tack on to somehow outdo everyone else?

Why even concern yourself with such things? The only purpose can be to show off and act like you're better than all the other collectors. Just enjoy what you have for yourself and to heck with whatever other collectors are doing.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I completed my NES set in 1999 or 2000 (carts only at the time) and that would have made me 23 or 24. Of course, I did not have to pay anywhere near as much money as everyone is these days, but I am paying heavily for boxes I was missing.

That's my advice to anyone, ALWAYS grab the box if you can locate it, they are just going to get tougher and tougher to locate.

Aussie: I don't think there are TOO many people with complete NES collections. I would say less than 20 for sure. A few years ago, I am not sure how many others besides myself had one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

You know what the cool thing is about you younger guys collecting NES games? You are collecting for a system that is almost as old as you are, which proves that young people like older games as well.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys are making me feel old! Although I have no plans on completing any consule collection I would like to however get those Saturn games under my belt, but am in no rush. It's cool to see determination towards something that requires quite a bit of work, time and lots of cash. What would be more interesting is to hear how long it took someone that's just 20 to get complete collections. Did you already have 100s from your childhood or did you just save up pay checks and purge into getting hundreds of NES games off eBay bundles? I know a few on here do big bunch purchases from online auctions and it's really the only way sometimes to make it worth your money.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In no way am i trying to bash you guys by saying this but I find it VERY interesting that you were only 20 when you finished your collection. This is for a system that came out when you were only what 1 years old when it came out?? Thats really impressive that you respect the classics. But I guess its the same with movies, for example, I was born in 79 and I like star wars that came out in what 77? Congrats guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks a lot man, see thats what im saying i kinda thought it was kinda cool as well to still be a semi kid and have almost all of em lol. i was born in january 1986. So yea i guess it kinda is like im collecting for a system thats about as old as me lol. never really thought of it like that, but it does sound pretty neat in a dorky way. haha. As for the other question about how>> well i was waiting to tell my whole story when i actually finish it, but for a quick sum up of things, i got my first nintendo when i was like 4, had about 10 or 15 games, sold it off at a yard sale when i was like 9 and then moved on to the snes, and n64, sega saturn, genesis. had em all when i was a kid. But then started downloading roms when i was 17 and playing the old classics, then got a top load for christmas in i think 2004. Picked up like 20 games from this thrift shop and then i was hooked lol. Started hitting flea markets every single weekend and before i knew it was over 100 games. And anyways a few summers later of doing the same thing, and hitting ebay and trade sites finally got over 700 games now. lol. As i said thats a brief story and will go into a ton of detail when i finish it lol. but as for this forum i was just curious whos around my age that has done it. :-)

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a ton of NES games boxed I think I am around 400, though I have not counted lately. The only thing that holds me up is that I do not buy NES games from ebay. I made a deal with myself that I would only buy NES games I found in the wild, and I only buy games if they have a box or if the lot of loose games is cheap enough. I have a ton of loose games but I do not count those towards my 400 total (those are complete game/box/manual). I KNOW I KNOW, I have been around this forum long enough to know you guys are saying this kid will never find stadium events, hot slots, etc in the wild. So one day I may break my rule, but for now it is all flea markets and yard sales. Though I do still buy my demos and promo items off ebay (I think I have one of the more extensive demo collections for SNES, N64, GB, GBA, VB). So me being 21 I think I am doing ok with my collection.

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where do you guys find the cash to do this? I'm 22, and I don't have the kind of side cash to throw a couple hundred bucks on an NES game. I've just been focusing on thrift stores, flea markets and craigslist. I'm in the 200 range, but I had maybe 50 from childhood. I don't even want to think about a complete set, I'm just trying to move forward and collect as much as I can for as cheap as I can.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nothing wrong with young collectors having a lot of games >.> I mean i'm 21 and while i dont really have a lot of nes games (prolly around 100 or so) I collect other systems and heck I know people younger than me with pretty large collections for various systems. I usually focus on whatever the current gen systems are, for instances I used to collect for ps one up till around 2002 and ended that at around 700-800 games roughly, outside of ps one my largest collections are xbox (450), ps2 (500) and also have pretty nice DS and psp collections ds is close to 200 now, psp is around 120, xbox 360 is sitting at 87 out of 89 US releases, gamecube was never a big focus for me I maxerd gcn out at around 130 games.

Anyway i am rambling and tired lol. My point is age doesnt really deterimine a collection size, collection size is determined by how insane some of us are lol.

My collection: Users.ign.com/jcnet1
    (old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tom: If we are going just by NES, and not the Famicom equivalent, then it should be defined as just "NES". To answer your questions:

I always have to ask, what's complete NES collection?

complete US collection only? (Can be with or without boxes or manuals, there are up to 20 that I believe with at least cart only. AS far as complete with all manual,s, boxes, and everything else, JHD7 used to own everything as far as I know, perhaps missing one box, but I recall him having everything complete at one point. I have every game including ALL of the contest carts, but I am missing a few boxes)
    complete US with complete Euro-only released titles?-(I've got all the European only titles as well. I'm not sure how many of the 20 that completed the NES NTSC collection have the Euro/Australian titles, I would say less than 5 have these.)
    complete US with complete Japanese-only released titles?-No one that I know has this. There would have to be at least 600 Japan "only" titles notncluding name changes and what have you. I am going to try and collect all of the Famicom and Famicom Disk games one of these days when I have time, and I will consider it the toughest collection to obtain because of the language barrier and rarities of some of the carts, but I have around 650 different already.)
    complete US with complete Chinese/Taiwan-only (Sachen) released titles?-(I've got all the Sachen titles, but this company is as bootleg as it gets....)

So to really answer your question, on this site, we consider complete NES collections to be complete NTSC NES collections.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    Tom: If we are going just by NES, and not the Famicom equivalent, then it should be defined as just "NES". To answer your questions:

I always have to ask, what's complete NES collection?

complete US collection only? (Can be with or without boxes or manuals, there are up to 20 that I believe with at least cart only. AS far as complete with all manual,s, boxes, and everything else, JHD7 used to own everything as far as I know, perhaps missing one box, but I recall him having everything complete at one point. I have every game including ALL of the contest carts, but I am missing a few boxes)
    complete US with complete Euro-only released titles?-(I've got all the European only titles as well. I'm not sure how many of the 20 that completed the NES NTSC collection have the Euro/Australian titles, I would say less than 5 have these.)
    complete US with complete Japanese-only released titles?-No one that I know has this. There would have to be at least 600 Japan "only" titles notncluding name changes and what have you. I am going to try and collect all of the Famicom and Famicom Disk games one of these days when I have time, and I will consider it the toughest collection to obtain because of the language barrier and rarities of some of the carts, but I have around 650 different already.)
    complete US with complete Chinese/Taiwan-only (Sachen) released titles?-(I've got all the Sachen titles, but this company is as bootleg as it gets....)

So to really answer your question, on this site, we consider complete NES collections to be complete NTSC NES collections.
    how are you coming along with your 2600 collection