Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's the Youngest with a Complete Nes Collection?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cyberfluxor, I'm glad to hear you play your games. I know a lot of people try to get sealed games and never open them...what fun is that? I've bought some sealed games before because they were about the same price as the unsealed version but I always opened them and ended up with a game in pristine condition with a perfect box and manual. Also, I have just under 200 games but none of them are worth a whole lot because I have a hard time justifying spending hundreds of dollars for a single game right now (when I'm out of school, sure but not now) but if I won't ever buy a game so expensive that I'm afraid to play it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya, the most expensive games I own are pretty much the complete Lunar games on the PSone. I have a bunch of games that range in the $20-40 and a large quantanty that's under $10. The "rarest" game I own is Psychic Force on the PSone, which is a downer because it sucks compaired to the DC port. It's kind of funny actually because I saw it for the DC and thought it was cool, then months later found the PS version for $1 CD only and picked it up not knowing its rarity. One of my coolest finds was Crazy Climber for $1 loose which I traded on this board (because I don't collect much for Atari 2600) and got some nifty Saturn games I've wanted for some time, and boy was it worth it!

One of the most important things to me is when I decide to buy a game is cost. I don't generally care if I already own it or not, dupes just mean money back to pay for other games or things. If the cost of a game exceeds a certain cost/hour of estimated play and enjoyment I'll ignore it all together. I generally rationalize that $2/hr of gameplay is around the maxium for me, so if I drop $40 on a game I hope to get 80hrs out of it. This of course isn't from 1 sitting rather over the course I own the game so if I ever sell my collection I feel that I at least got some good time out of it for my money.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also think it's great that so many young gamers are into the NES -- it really shows what a great system it was and continues to be.

I have to agree, though, that I usually snicker when I hear people talk about complete collections, simply because I have over 2,000 games, and I'm not even close to a complete collection. Everyone has a different definition though of what constitutes a complete collection, so it's all good.

-Dain
    Be sure to check out:
    http://www.NintendoAge.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not to perpetuate the conflict, but I see where Aussie was coming from. When someone brings up a purely subjective measure that, of course, they feel they would be the top in, it does make you think that there is some less than genuine motive behind it.

I frequent a car forum and we get that a lot. "Who is the YOUNGEST owner!!!!????" I have to say my reaction is typically to assume the person is trying to validate their self-worth. Not saying thats what Parpunk was doing at all, just saying its natural to think that when you see posts like this - esp from a younger guy wanting to know "who is the youngest?!" at something that involves money (cars, games, watches, whatever)

That said, it's amazing to me how many folks get even close to USA completion on the NES! Definitely hats off to anyone who does that. I couldnt even attempt it. My collecting tends to go horizontal rather than vertical (lots of systems, not so many games).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol yea i can see your point. i was actually just curious and not trying to start anything. i mean im getting within 10 games of having everyone and was basically just curious if there was anyone else out there that was my age that did it. because so far i had not met any, besides jumpman. So i was basically just curious really. And i think its pretty cool :-)

Strawberry (Level 2) Mr.collection's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am 16 and going for a complete set, I just started so I only have 81 games. I let you guys know when I'm done.
    I am an only child and the NES was always ready to play with me so its my favorite systemI realy want everything everproduced for the NES but that will take awhile and money
    Last edited by Mr.collection; 12-18-2006 at 10:14 PM.
    Feedback
    Don't think of me as a youngn' just a collector that learned his basics from a Pico.
    I just like that tingling feeling in my eyeballs when I play VB.
    I am looking for a Mini Neo Geo 2- slot 13".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.collection View Post
    I am 16 and going for a complete set, I just started so I only have 81 games. I let you guys know when I'm done.
    I am an only child and the NES was always ready to play with me so its my favorite systemI realy want everything everproduced for the NES but that will take awhile and money
    Awesome Dude! I was 16 when i started too! Good luck man. My advice would be to get the rares first. Its best to try to get em outta the way. Also start hitting any local sources for games> friends, family, flea markets, yard sales, pawn shops etc. Only result to the NET when ya have to. And for the rares ya normally do, but i got a huge portion of my collection knocked out by finding stuff. good luck to ya and keep us posted :-)

Strawberry (Level 2) Mr.collection's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep thats what I have planed and so far I have only got a Maxi 15 that I found in the wild. I go to the local Flea market every Saturday and that is where most of my collection has come from.
    Feedback
    Don't think of me as a youngn' just a collector that learned his basics from a Pico.
    I just like that tingling feeling in my eyeballs when I play VB.
    I am looking for a Mini Neo Geo 2- slot 13".