Thread: Damn, anyone having serious problems with ebay sellers these days?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Damn, anyone having serious problems with ebay sellers these days?

I won 6 different auctions on the 19th of november, all from sellers with perfect feedback.. And only 1 package came that I was satisfied with. The other 4 are MIA as well. I also won a cell phone that was described as like new and perfectly functioning. Of course it came with an influx of scratches all over it, and when you are shutting it down it just freezes up. Of course the battery has many scrapes on it from the seller trying to pry it out to get it to shut off. I ask them for a refund, and they call me "mr attitude" and then lie about the phone. I provide pics and a video of the phones various problems.. And they completely ignore it focusing on my "rude attitude" (I wasnt being rude at all, though I was to the point). I opened a claim with paypal providing the pics and video of the phone and such, as well as describing the whole situation, though it says they recieved a message from the seller disagreeing with my claim. Knowing the guy is a liar, will I have a problem with this? Who knows what hes telling them. I really want a refund and for this to be over. besides that,

please ignore 83moneyman83.

Anyone having else serious problems with ebay idiots? I have 4 disputes open on paypal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have had some problems with some sellers

One filed a nonpayment against me even though I had paid for the item and now is not taking off the nonpayment. but I dunno.

some that I paid for the item and never get the item than of course paypal wouldn't do anything but that's typical with ebay and paypal

par for the course.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Yes, with me. I was a total slacker on getting some packages sent out.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sellers? No. Buyers? Yes. I chalk it up to more scammers taking advantage of the holidays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After using eBay for 3 years I've only had a problem once, and it was from someone that decided to stop running their account and didn't ship any of their items. They got negative feedback and they responded to everyone but me with a negative. I was lucky and got no feedback from them but was out $5. Oh well. I eventually found Prince of Persia for the SNES but still don't have that NES version, but I'll be alright.

I just won 2 auctions with a person from Britian. Apparently once I paid for the items shipping was £6 GBP and the total for both items and shipments was just under £11 GBP total. The person sent me an email informing me that shipping was £14 and that's crazy. I am disappointed it costs so much to have something shipped over seas.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Moving this to Ebay forum.

-GAC-
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

To the TC, not lately, but I feel ya... several months back I went through a "slump" similar to what you found yourself in.

Won 4 auctions, and for some reason all 4 sellers shipped their games late to me without any communication. I think I waited 8+ days for each game after I paid, needless to say it was extremely frustrating but I made through it OK and the games were in good shape, just had to be patient.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I've got a friend that knows I'm an eBay seller, so he asks me for advice whenever he or his brother run into problems.

Last night he asked me what to do with a seller that filed a report for not sending payment. This was for a cell phone. His brother sent payment via money order, so it's in the way... and the seller tried to claim that they had "cancelled the transaction".

I suggested that he reply saying that they'd agreed to no such thing and that payment was sent. I also told him to go to the post office (he sent a postal money order) and see if they can do something against this possible scammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muscelli View Post
    I won 6 different auctions on the 19th of november, all from sellers with perfect feedback.. And only 1 package came that I was satisfied with. The other 4 are MIA as well. I also won a cell phone that was described as like new and perfectly functioning. Of course it came with an influx of scratches all over it, and when you are shutting it down it just freezes up. Of course the battery has many scrapes on it from the seller trying to pry it out to get it to shut off. I ask them for a refund, and they call me "mr attitude" and then lie about the phone. I provide pics and a video of the phones various problems.. And they completely ignore it focusing on my "rude attitude" (I wasnt being rude at all, though I was to the point). I opened a claim with paypal providing the pics and video of the phone and such, as well as describing the whole situation, though it says they recieved a message from the seller disagreeing with my claim. Knowing the guy is a liar, will I have a problem with this? Who knows what hes telling them. I really want a refund and for this to be over. besides that,

please ignore 83moneyman83.

Anyone having else serious problems with ebay idiots? I have 4 disputes open on paypal.
    As a seller with perfect feedback, I'll give you an honest answer. When you've been selling for awhile and do ok with it, sometimes you lower your standards as to what you sell. I sell stuff now that might have never crossed my mind a year or two ago when I started selling. That might be beat up systems (portables mostly), beat up video games, beat up cd's, loose cassette tapes, beat up dvd's, dog-eared books, etc. It is more desirable than throwing it away or giving it to a thrift store plus you'd be surprised the number of people that will bid on, or at least watch, auctions of items that are not quite perfect.

I guess my point is that some people get accustomed to selling so much that the seller will list stuff that they might normally throw away or just "give" to a thrift store. That includes a piece of junk cellphone.

The difference between a decent seller (which I like to think I am) and others is that when I sell junk, and every once in awhile I do, I make damn sure the buyer knows what they are getting and list it as-is. I always give a clear description of something which may not arrive in a pristine condition.

So the fact he'd list a cellphone in that type of shape isn't out of the ordinary, based on the people I talk to, but I wholeheartedly agree that he practiced bad form by not being honest about the condition of your phone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    The difference between a decent seller (which I like to think I am) and others is that when I sell junk, and every once in awhile I do, I make damn sure the buyer knows what they are getting and list it as-is.
    I sell 90% brand new items and 10% used items, some of which are essentially garbage a thrift store would toss. I can't put my finger on exactly why it's so, but there's really nothing more satisfying than selling utter garbage for an absurd amount and having the customer be happy with the item.

As for the original post, whenever you buy a used cell phone, even those described as "like new," "used only once" or "light use," you're taking a massive risk. I've heard way too many horror stories from people I know. Unless it's the absolute deal of a lifetime, just buy a new one.
    ________
    Fisting Double
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I could be considered disgruntled also, Muscelli. One 'local' item's not here after a month, badly packaged guides have suffered damage, a full 80% were games all in lesser condition than stated; it was obvious that two were poorly resurfaced. Fortunately those that weren't damaged due to packaging, or lack thereof... were acceptable. I've had several sellers not respond. One did, shortly after requesting their personal contact information. They haven't followed through on what was agreed to, yet, but I got their attention and still have plenty of time to open a dispute. Will call the no response-arrival this weekend. Won't cost me more than a few button presses. I've had several sellers offer full or partial refunds. If it was something I really wanted (obviously) and a partial refund would make up for difference in what I would have bid, I'd take it, amiably. I've returned some items and gotten refunds. I've had sellers outright refuse refunds, some saying that the item was PERFECT when it left them <eyeroll> A case of beauty being in the eye of the proverbial beholder, perhaps?

Well, my being AR about broken spines on guides, hairline scratches on disks, white spines on manuals, and ready-to-rip maps not being "perfect", "like new", "MINT!", "flawless", and "absolutely no scratches" (not) meaning what they say doesn't help, either. I've also had sellers apologize profusely AND refund shipping costs, too. A few have been MY bad judgement. Like opening a sealed-no-shrink-but-new game and finding a scratch on the disk after spotting a fingerprint UNDER the Sony holoseal. DOH!!! Who knows how it got there? Yeah, I was AR about it, too. So if the seller hasn't rolled their eyes and 'clicked' me yet and happens to be reading this, my apologies. You'd probably know who you are even without my mentioning the game! As I said, I gambled, and I lost. I have also overbid on stuff that was as described, and been ecstatic. The full gamut. Recently. Past 2 months.

No, it's NOT PMS. And most of the sellers I've had "problems" with had 100% feedback, or darn near close! Possibly because they didn't leave feedback until after the buyer did. Time to start checking that when I look at their references... if I eBay again, that is. Again, who knows? Matter of opinion comes into play, too.

I think the economy, whether perceived or real, but surely personal to whoever "the problem sellers" are... has a lot to do with it. Some folks use eBay to bolster their income. Now the same 'some folks' need what used to be icing just to make dinner. Higher shipping costs? Sellers quotes gas prices, handling charges they deserve, materials, etc. These are sellers that didn't used to consider those things when figuring shipping cost. Lots of sellers charge over USPS rate for insurance now, too. I choose to deal, or not, depending on what, and how, shipping information is stated or responded to. And again... what is reasonable, to ME.

Some have no conscience, there are scammers, but I wouldn't think that's the majority of the "problem sellers" out there.

I think it was the NES Gold tournament cart... that their (one or two's) frequent appearance is bringing the potential price of that centerpiece item down, while watching the high turnover rate on more common items cause prices to rise. Some of it is seller assisted. I've seen several sell, others buy, and then resell for a bit more. It's the holidays, so it's getting worse. It does every year... even in the better economy-low inflation times.

My solution? Try not to be a problem buyer, and ask questions when needed. Be happy with what I have... take a break... do some better research... and if I get laid off... well... I'm gonna play some games!

Aw heck... I'm gonna do that anyway!

Well, if I'm not clicked, ignored, or banned... good gaming, all! That's what it's all about, (rhetorical) right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

As a buyer for the last six years.. I'd had very little problems with sellers. Now.. as a seller.. and on the other side of the fence.. I'm finding A LOT more cheap-assed buyers. It unerves me when you try and be fair about shipping AND handling.. or downright thrifty and cheap.. and someone has the nerve to ask for special treatment.. i.e. "special" packaging.. just because they're a "collector". I've had people talk down my prices and accepted; then had them go ahead and make "extra" demands on me.. that's just plain frickin classless.. period. I've been going ahead and accomodating them.. but i ban their asses from my auctions thereafter.. left & right.

The other day.. I had one guy who had been bugging me to sell him a Genny game he'd REALLY been wanting (Caliber .50.. like new & complete.. all I'd ever done was unwrap it.. literally). He lives in Japan and I'd listed the game twice with no luck but I rarely do international shipping (only ever to the UK & Australia because I adore brits and aussies). Dude makes me a lowball offer on eBay and then has the gall enough to "quote ME" on how much HE thinks or knows shipping (to the damn penny) to Japan SHOULD be for me! You know how many times I've bought games from Japan (ESPECIALLY consoles and joysticks) and paid more for the damn shipping than I did for the item?

Most Japanese dealers ban together and price fix their shipping.. leading us all to believe that EMS (which most of them oddly push on you by quoting long transit times otherwise) is VERY expensive. Funny thing is.. I once bought a HUGE and HEAVY Sega Saturn Japanese Arcade style Virtua joystick (not the wimpy-assed black US VS) and FIVE full-case Capcom games (some with the appropriate carts) for $29 shipping from Japan and it wasn't surface mail either.. got here in two weeks.. so that's a load of crap. I lucked out too.. I only paid $19.95 for the entire set's auction close price because every other US tightwad saw $30 for shipping and thought that was too much then didn't bid. I easily got $150 worth of imported stuff for $50 total.

Having said all of that.. my point was it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling aALL over when I told the guy sure I'd sell him Caliber .50 for $10.. but shipping to Japan for a genny game in case would cost me.. and him.. $50. he didn't bug me anymore.. that's what I call poetic justice.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scorch56 View Post
    I'm finding A LOT more cheap-assed buyers. It unerves me when you try and be fair about shipping AND handling.. or downright thrifty and cheap.. and someone has the nerve to ask for special treatment.. i.e. "special" packaging.. just because they're a "collector". I've had people talk down my prices and accepted; then had them go ahead and make "extra" demands on me.. that's just plain frickin classless.. period.
    Yeah, I agree. I always make sure my stuff is shipped properly, whether it's a boxed video game system, a shirt, trading cards, or whatever, and my feedback reflects that. What you said reminded me of this classic email I got in August. Keep in mind that this guy bought a t-shirt and paid over two weeks late.

Quote Originally Posted by loser
    Hi! Sorry about the delay! Here is payment for the above, plus some suggestions for preparation and packaging: If necesary to fold, PLEASE do so in manner so as NOT to crease screenprinted lettering/logos; then CAREFULLY envelop in tissue or wrap (NO TAPE) to ensure against dust, fingerprints, staining, snags, stretching, or tears to garment; and finally, place between TWO appropriate sized backing boards to keep sturdy, flat, and again to avoid ANY markings, pinholes, pilling, discoloration, deformation or rips. If any tags, keep INTACT and ATTACHED, preventing these from folds or edge fraying as well. I appreciate the throughness and added precautions, as I do like my collectibles to arrive in PRISTINE condition. A heavy duty reinforced mailer, or box with bubble wrap for cushioning, and to keep jostling/shifting minimal would be great to. Let me know funds received and order being readied at XXXXXXX@yahoo.com or ebay. Hope you are well and enjoying the Summer! JP"
    Um, yeah, I'll get right on that. I would hate to get fingerprints or dust on your $3 t-shirt. I shipped it the same way I do every t-shirt (folded in a brown envelope) and he left a positive. Nut.
    ________
    Fisting amateur
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Um, yeah, I'll get right on that. I would hate to get fingerprints or dust on your $3 t-shirt. I shipped it the same way I do every t-shirt (folded in a brown envelope) and he left a positive. Nut.
    Funny stuff. Yet some of these same people gripe if you charge them more than the actual cost of shipping at the post office. They seem to think that the price they paid for the item itself, even if it was only $1-2, should cover delivery confirmation or the materials needed in their unreasonable packing requests. As if every single seller has a surplus of tissue paper, bubble wrap or backing boards lying around at the ready for each item they sell, even "junk."