Thread: Homemade NES

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Homemade NES

I've been working on converting some old famicom games into NES carts- just wondering if anyone else has done this successfully. I've created a label, modded the cart/converter, etc. Anyone else this bored/crazy? anyone even care?

Attached is a pic of the cart and the label I made (photoshop).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What kind of material do you print the sticker out on? Is it just a standard sticker label paper that you can get at the local business supplies store, or is it something a little more fancy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up more info

Opps, someone already started this thread:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show....php?p=1102039

sorry guys!

as far as what I use for the label, I had 2 approaches. One was an avery label trimmed down, which looked ok, but no gloss. So I took the advice of another link and put a 3" clear packing tape over it, which really added to the "manufactured" feel. BUT, the colors were washed out- milky blacks etc (we call it 'latitude' in the film biz). So I switched over to photo paper, but it wouldn't stick to the cart (used rubber cement)! eventually, I figured out everything would stick better if I peeled off the backing of the photo paper leaving a very "fibery" backing which easily stuck to the cart.

I have transformers, choplifter, karateka, gradius II lined up as well. I did a goonies label as well, but photoshopped over the "pile of gold" instead of the black bar seen in the other thread's pic.
    ---------------------------------------------
    8-Bit Music For The 21st Century
    www.bleepbop.com

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zi View Post
    Opps, someone already started this thread:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show....php?p=1102039

sorry guys!

as far as what I use for the label, I had 2 approaches. One was an avery label trimmed down, which looked ok, but no gloss. So I took the advice of another link and put a 3" clear packing tape over it, which really added to the "manufactured" feel. BUT, the colors were washed out- milky blacks etc (we call it 'latitude' in the film biz). So I switched over to photo paper, but it wouldn't stick to the cart (used rubber cement)! eventually, I figured out everything would stick better if I peeled off the backing of the photo paper leaving a very "fibery" backing which easily stuck to the cart.

I have transformers, choplifter, karateka, gradius II lined up as well. I did a goonies label as well, but photoshopped over the "pile of gold" instead of the black bar seen in the other thread's pic.

Gonna lock this up, feel free to post in the link above.

-GAC
    #vbender