Thread: Tomb Raider Anniversary update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tomb Raider Anniversary update

from the new issue of EGM magazine:

Lara croft is getting fast in her old age.
    "we rebuilt some areas directly from the original Tomb Raider and played through them with the new lara as a test" says Crystal Dynamics Creative director Jason Botta. "these areas that used to take five minutes to navigate took us 20 seconds".

so whats the developer of croft-comeback game Tomb Raider legend to do when charged with taking todays more nimble lara and inserting her into a remake of Tomb Raider , the 1996 Playstation/Saturn game?
    Their solution for Tomb Raider:Anniversary due out spring 2007 for PS2 and psp is TO CREATE A GAME INSPIRED BY THE ORIGINAL.

That means: filling it with familiar locales,puzzles,wolves,crocodiles and dinosaurs but gussying it up with the new moves,much-improved control scheme, and button-jabbing interactive cinemas of Tomb Raider:legend.

" This really is a game for the fans" Says Botta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I can't wait.

Well...my parents can't wait. They were the ones that played it (until the next to last level, they couldn't find the torch).
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting...I like the concept I hope that they do justice to one of the better Tomb Raider games in the series.
    Looking to buy any Criterion movies that I don't already have.

http://cinemalacrum.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

After the success of Legend I hope that they can continue the trend of good Tomb Raider games. I'm disappointed that its not coming out for the 360 but as long as its good thats all that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

While I loved legend, im really annoyed this isnt going to be released for PC. Thats what I played legend on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

The only bad thing about Legend was the length and the very abrupt ending. I hope that they don't change too much from the original, since most of the time "inspired" usually means ruined.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just hope it feels like the first one, because I loved the level designs in some of those areas. I can't wait to get TR Legends for Christmas
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All new TR:Anniversary preview WITH new video and screen shots (PS2 edition)

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventur...&mode=previews

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=29085

The visuals in the game share obvious ties to Legend in terms of quality, but there's been a fair amount of work done to Lara's model to ensure she has her classic look from the first game. You'll see the return of her original outfit, complete with dual pistol holsters and blue unitard. Besides her physical appearance, work is being done to marry the fluidity of movement from Legend with some of Lara's signature moves, such as her swan dive. The environments we saw appear to do a fine job of recalling the feel of the original game's significantly more modest locales while offering up a cool cinematic feel and sense of wide-open space. Though we didn't see any human foes, Lara's animal enemies looked considerably more fetching than their 32-bit counterparts. Despite the fact that the PlayStation 2 game demoed for us was still very early in development, the game ran smoothly and looked quite sharp.
    Based on what we saw, Tomb Raider: Anniversary Edition is shaping up to be a very promising retelling of the original game. As it proved with Legend, Crystal Dynamics seems to get what the series is all about and is once again playing to its strengths. Given how strong Tomb Raider: Legend was, we have high hopes for Crystal Dynamics' second outing with Ms. Croft. Tomb Raider: Anniversary Edition is currently slated to ship this spring for the PlayStation Portable, PS2, and PC. While we were shown only the PS2 game, reps mentioned that Anniversary Edition will likely follow the same approach of Legend on the PSP and offer the same content the console game did, as well as some multiplayer features that are still being ironed out. Look for more on the game in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by sabre2922; 12-21-2006 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

I read in THE OFFICIAL GAMES FOR WINDOWS MAGAZINE (tm) that this game IS coming out for PC! Happy day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

THe only issue I have with this is that there were a lot of delicate challenging areas and tricky jumps in the original...the severe difficulty of climbing some of the ruins was what made it interesting...I'm wondering how hard it will be with the new controls...
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."